life after 21 years of smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tat2d4life

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
somewhere NY
I grew up with 2 parents and half my relatives that smoked, so it was natural that I picked up the habit..I started smoking just before I turned 16, and lost my father 21 yrs ago yesterday from complications from smoking.. Needless to say that didn't stop the evil disgusting habit that I poisoned my body with.. Being a welder and a painter wreaked havoc on my lungs, and the smoking made the problem 100 times worse..I didn't care, I craved the cancer stix...It wasn't till Dec 2010 that I found an escape from smoking..In a sense I don't trust Big Pharm for anything.. who wants to end up taking 20 prescriptions to treat 1 problem?? Then I was driving by 7-11 and they had a huge sign.. "E cigarettes. only 19.99 plus tax".. I drove by again, and the light in my head flashed... $10 a pack a day was killing my wallet, and surely even if it didn't work,$20 isnt gonna break the bank...

Well just days after I was set to go away for Christmas, and it would be a loooong drive not smoking, so it was the ultimate test...I drove from NY with a few friends the 5 hours to Vermont, with just my njoy...I will give it credit for the 4 daysI was there, I didnt have 1 craving not 1 cig.. I was proud.. I even made it thru a blizzard coming back, stranded over 12 hours on the road .. I knew e cigs helped me beat the addiction...

flash forward..I have ,learned soo much about e cigs, I have converted a few people, but over all I am a whole lot healthier... I walk past people that smoke and the smell makes me sick.. I can't even imagine how I managed to put those nasty 4000 chemicals into my body..I am happy I took that risk..I have quite the collection of e cigs and juice and I am working on a mod..I am a new person =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread