The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Life span of Kanger T3s heads?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by curious8, Sep 15, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. curious8

curious8 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    San Anselmo, CA, USA
    How often do these heads need to be replaced? I had 2 T3s clearomizers that became almost unusable, after about 2 weeks of use, with frequent washings/cleanings. Then I inserted new heads in each and it worked like a charm - great vapor, great throat hit. But now after just 2-3 days with the new heads, am noticing reduced vapor again. So, how long should a T3s head last? Thanks :blush:

2. szot

szot Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Should last as long as the original heads did, if using it about the same as ya did originally...no head should be bad in 2-3 days...U prolly let the liquid level get too low so try and leave em ay least 1/3 full....mine (heads, atomizer, coil) last about 1 month and then I simply replace them , and have no problems..but its all dependent on how much U vape...and what type juice U vape, the darker flavors the faster ya burn up the coils/heads...I only vape 50ML a month..a lil less than 2 ML a day..

3. Shpondra

Shpondra Full Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Australia
    I have the same question, but about EVOD coils. Mine are dying very quickly.

4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months - Chinese QC is at best mediocre.
    Then flavorings, pg/vg ratio (gunks up heads) and power used comes into play.

5. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    I have some I have used for weeks with no degradation at all. They last a long time for me.

6. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Any and ALL Silica wick and Wire coil heads
    Juice Blend - how much VG in the mix
    Sugars in the E-liquids
    Darkness of the E-liquids
    Amount of vaping in a given time frame
    Amount of proper maintenance performed
    The list goes on..........

Everything is a variable - however - look at the cost involved vs the cost of smoking
    A couple of bucks a week is cheap
    Rewicking even cheaper

I've had a few wick/coils die in short order but most last me a month or more. I even have a T2 over a year old with original head in good condition. Hasn't seen much action lately though.

7. deed57

deed57 Full Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Arlington, TX, USA
    I'm so glad you asked this question. I love the T3S but use 30PG/70VG so I guess that's why my coils aren't lasting long either.

8. IMFire3605

IMFire3605 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    I use Protanks, Evods, T3's, and T3S's pretty heavily. As crxess stated above all those variables play into account. With taking great care to do proper maintenance on Kanger bottom coil heads, a head should last close to a month each in my experience, no matter the liquid. Darker,thicker, and sweeter liquids, equals just that much more maintenance and are the biggest contributing factor next to user usage, ie length of draw (how long the coil is fired), and wattage/voltage (how much power is running through the coil). Out of all my liquids, the one that gives me the most maintenance as an example is Ms T's "Ms T(wink)'s Sponge Cake", high VG, dark liquid, creamy, cake type, and very sweet flavor. About 2/3s of a tank on a T3S, peak performance tapers off, second tank without cleaning, about 1/2 of the second tank barely get anything from the coil the wick is so clogged and coil so carbonized liquid isn't vaporizing. So with that flavor I rinse the head each refill, every 2nd or 3rd dry burn and rinse, end of the week like all my heads, into a 20 minute everclear soak, rinse, dry burn, rinse and dry cycle. I get 2 months in between my coil rebuilds or replacing them, as I also have 2x the number of tanks filled and in use, is that many heads I am using, 1/2 in the tanks, 1/2 cleaned and drying awaiting to be put into use, rotating these heads every rinsing/cleaning cycle.

Simple Rinse and clean your heads regularly, get on a schedule with them
    Rotate heads in your use schedule
    Every couple tanks an intermediate cleaning, rinse, dry burn, rinse again and dry
    Every week, advanced cleaning, soak in everyclear or vokda about 20minutes, rinse out, dry burn, rinse and dry
    Wick stays dark where the coil is touching, or are blackened and scorched after a dry burn, time to replace the wick, head, or rebuild the head.

9. Chas F.

Chas F. Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2013
    Colorado
    I've been cleaning mine at least every 2 fills.

10. curious8

curious8 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    San Anselmo, CA, USA
    Thanks to all for the good info:
    szot - good to know you replace once per month, and since I vape almost twice as much as you, guess life of my heads will be 2-3 weeks.
    Topwater - are Kanger heads from China?
    crxess - you're so right, vaping is way cheaper than my $6/pack 1.5 pad addiction was (smoke free for almost 4 months now!).
    IMFire3605 - thanks much for all the great info - exactly what I wanted. I use 50/50 dark sweet juices so will follow your recommended schedule from now on and will make sure to have lots of new heads on hand.

I had no idea vaping would take so much time and work but it's WAY better than smoking stinkies! I'll try dry burning for the 1st time later today but I can't imagine ever doing a re-coil. I have a condition called Essential Tremor (really bad on right hand) and fine motor skills are impossible for me - heck, it's hard enough just refilling juice without making a major mess, LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.