Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Nice :) Do we need a different charger for these or can be charged using indulgence's charger?

Yes, the charger that comes with the indulgence, will charge 18650 , 18350 , LifePo4 (16340 ) or any othr battery that indulgence came with .
One more question, do they fit in the indulgence's big battery cup (for 18650) or they need specifically the 6v cup?
Two 16340's will fit in the large HV kit cup. Or one 18650.
What other charger can i use for the LiFeP04 16340 battery instead of that charger that came with the Indulgence, as mine isn't working anymore, I'm using the Trustfire TR-001 instead.
Is it still under warranty , or has it been some time now ?

You should always look at the specs on the charger, it's futile to say anything without knowing, but make sure it is a lithium Ion charger.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Nice :) Do we need a different charger for these or can be charged using indulgence's charger?

yes, Indulgence charger can be used, - this from the manufacturer who made the batteries, and supplied the charger with them.

One more question, do they fit in the indulgence's big battery cup (for 18650) or they need specifically the 6v cup?

yes, they fit into both extended cups

What other charger can i use for the LiFeP04 16340 battery instead of that charger that came with the Indulgence, as mine isn't working anymore, I'm using the Trustfire TR-001 instead.

I use this one also.Trustfire TR-001

Convoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Denmark
Is it still under warranty , or has it been some time now ?

It has been some time now, so never mind that, i never like it, to "flimsy" if you now what i mean.

You should always look at the specs on the charger, it's futile to say anything without knowing, but make sure it is a lithium Ion charger.

What i meant is, do i need a 3V charger or not for that type off batteries, the TrustFire TR-001 has a output off 4.2V 500Ma

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
For the LiFeP04 3.2V 16340 battery?

sorry I dont have any 3volts battery --

but the tr001 charger has written on it 16340 --
so the size is acceptable, but I am not sure of compatability,
have to ask someone with more battery savvy ----

and this - tr001 - is what I use to charge all my batteries.

there are several posts in here about what chargers people use for the 3volts batteries.

This one is popular ----

UltraFire 3.0V/3.6V CR123A Charger
Charges both 3.0V and 3.6V batteries
Auto-off when batteries are fully charged (1 to 2 hours)
Independent charging channels
Charge one or two batteries at a time
110/220V auto switch AC power

sku_1236_1_thumb.jpg
sku_1236_2_thumb.jpg

DealExtreme: $11.54 UltraFire 3.0V/3.6V CR123A Charger

or --------

Smart Charger for RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Li-ion rechargeable Batteries

# Smart, build-in microprocessor automatically switch off when batteries are fully charged.
# Safe, build-in IC provides various protection, thermal protection, overcharge protection, short-circuit protection, mechanical and electrical protection against reversal polarity, and auto defective battery identification.

RCR123A_Charger.jpg

http://www.all-battery.com/smartchargerforrcr123a30v750mahli-ionrechargeablebatteries.aspx

Please note ---- Peak voltage of 3.0V Li-Ion will be 3.60V after fully charged.

this from the manufacturer and seller of these chargers -----

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
what is the C rating on this battery...

or the max drain rate?

I am not sure ---

is this what you want ????

Cell Impedance(Max. at 1000Hz.)
≤25 mΩ (charged status)​
Charge Method
(CC/CV)​
Standard​
0.2C×7.5hrs​
Quick​
2C×1.5hrs​
Operating Temperature​
Charge​
0℃~45℃ / 32F~113F​
Discharge​
-20℃~60℃ / -4F~140F​
Storage​
-10℃~45℃ / 14F~113F​

Nominal Voltage
3.2V​
Max Charge Voltage
3.65 V​
Discharge Cut-Off Voltage
2.0V​
Max. Charge Current
2C​
Max. Continuous discharge
10C​
Max. pulse discharge (10s)
30C​

hahahah is all greek to me !!!!!
:shock: :w00t: :w00t:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
hahahahah,

thanks a lot --:(

you could at least spend 43 minutes looking at it and admiring it

thats how long it took me to get it from the manufacturers specs, and post it here for you -------- :(
:pervy: :pervy: :pervy: :pervy: :pervy:

Lol oh how about this then...
Most batteries we use are horribly under rated...up to this point there has only been 1 3V battery that's really been capable of what we put them through without damaging the battery...
because of that C rating this is the second battery ..:D

See to really understand the batteries we have to compare the Max discharge rate of the battery to the amp draw of the atty/voltage combo....
The most demanding amp draw at 6V is a 510 atomizer at 2.61A
The tenergy 3V LiFePo4 batteries have a max drain rating of <.55A
(so they're very overstressed when using them, and overstressing them causes premature battery death and could possibly lead to catastrophic battery failure)
The AW 3V LiFePo4 batteries have a max drain rate of <5A
These because of the # you just gave me have a max drain rate of <10A

given the amp draw versus the max drain rate and combined with the mAh and C rating... you can pretty much get a pretty accurate guess as to exactly how long the battery will last...
so comparing this one to the AW one...
the AW is capable of 3A for 10 minutes continuous
this one is capable of 3A for 20 minutes continuous
if we convert that into seconds and then say an average of 3second button presses this new one you have is good for around 400 3second long button presses at least versus half that for the only other 3V battery truely capable of running any atty at 6V...

LOL..point is by just giving me the max continuous discharge rate of 10C...it tells me way more than you probably imagined...tells me how long it lasts roughly, how stressed it's going to be (barely), how often into it's duty cycle I should change them out to maintain safety...so I've got better than 43minutes in...in understanding what that means....and believe me the admiration is there...I'd say that this is currently the best battery for 6V on the market currently..

Last edited:

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Eeeeehhhh! <thud> <thunk> I have no hair left! :D

Most batteries we use are horribly under rated...up to this point there has only been 1 3V battery that's really been capable of what we put them through without damaging the battery...

See to really understand the batteries we have to compare the Max discharge rate of the battery to the amp draw of the atty/voltage combo....
(so they're very overstressed when using them, and overstressing them causes premature battery death and could possibly lead to catastrophic battery failure)

given the amp draw versus the max drain rate and combined with the mAh and C rating... you can pretty much get a pretty accurate guess as to exactly how long the battery will last...
if we convert that into seconds and then say an average of 3second button presses this new one you have is good for around 400 3second long button presses at least versus half that for the only other 3V battery truely capable of running any atty at 6V...

LOL..point is by just giving me the max continuous discharge rate of 10C...it tells me way more than you probably imagined...tells me how long it lasts roughly, how stressed it's going to be (barely), how often into it's duty cycle I should change them out to maintain safety...so I've got better than 43minutes in...in understanding what that means....and believe me the admiration is there...I'd say that this is currently the best battery for 6V on the market currently..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio

Lol well Di wanted appreciation since she spent 43 min looking up the answer to the question I asked...

So I had to post something chocked full of appreciation....

Unfortunately there's just so much more to batteries than just mAh really

bottom line...if you're gonna vape around 6V... these are an excellent choice in batteries..
There's a lot of batteries on the market...but only 2 decent choices for 6V ....and these will last twice what the other choice will per charge

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
So the answer is - buy Eastmall - they sell good stuff. I buy Eastmall so I don't have to spend hours trying to understand what you guys are talking about. Now guys - put a self powered hub, a power pack and a voltmeter on the website. Oh, and a designer carry case worthy of the Indulgence. Right after the t-shirts and coffee mugs.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*

Drozd
hahahahah,, thank you soooo much for taking the time to give me your appreciation for my efforts to find you an answer for your question.

Now please come over here and help me to pick up Bluesuedede, and get that superglue, we have to stick all this hair back on her before she looks in the mirror.
8-o8-o

Convoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Denmark
Thanks Di

Just order the one from DealExtreme, now i just have to wait, what will come first, the batteries (and some atomizer) or charger, my money is on the charger, becourse last 2 times i have order anything from Eastmall it has been sitting with Danish customs for 2 weeks:(
but all my orders from DealExtreme have just gone though Danish customs with out any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread