The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LiitoKala INR26650-50A comfirms its 20+A continuous claims (HKJ REVIEWED!)

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Barkuti, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Barkuti

Barkuti Super Member ECF Veteran

2. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ty, sir. It's good to have you posting here.

3. Barkuti

For comparison reference, VS Efest IMR26650 4200mAh purple (2016):
    [​IMG]

Cheers :)

4. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Interesting!

So at moderate power levels, 15A to 20A or so, the Efest's lower internal resistance means it will run for longer in a regulated device. At lower power levels though the LiitoKala's higher capacity leads to it running for longer.l

Were their temperatures recorded? That would help determine how hard they were being run and the effect on cycle life the different discharges would have.

5. Barkuti

Mooch, at 15/20A the voltage drift (vs Efest purple) rarely exceeds 1.5%, and mostly in the midrange. At 20A, the capacity difference is still ≈10%. I really doubt the Efest purple has any chance of winning even in a regulated device.

Temperature graphs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The full review link is above, just below the graph. :rolleyes:

Cheers fellows :)

6. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the temp graphs! Those temperatures are significantly lower than what I would measure though if discharging that battery so I can't compare our results.

At 20A down to 3.2V the Efest delivers about 2.7Ah. The LiitoKala delivers about 2.4Ah. IMHO, that 10% will certainly be noticeable in a regulated device. :)

I have nothing against the LiitoKala. Its higher internal resistance just means it's a lower amp-rated, high capacity cell. This is normal behavior for the over-4500mAh 26650's. Perfect for lower power vaping.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barkuti

Significantly lower temps? Are you sure? If I am to add ≈25-30° ambient temp to the chart figures, it makes sense. Maybe a tad lower, if anything. No expert in this regard, bear in mind. ;)
    3.2V? Why such a high cutoff? Neither of those cells have reached the “slope ditch point” there at 15-20A.
    Yes, it probably is the king of runtime for up to ≈50W/cell.

Cheers :D

8. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Yes, I am sure, I have done the tests many, many times. :)
    My tests would probably read about 70°C for a 20A discharge down to 2.8V at an ambient temp of 24°C. That most certainly qualifies as significantly higher. What is used to measure the temperature with, and how the sensor is coupled to the battery, fundamentally affects what temperature is measured.

I used 3.2V because almost no one vapes below that.
    It is the most common low voltage cutoff for a regulated mod and mech users will probably stop higher than that (but around there due to sag). Any increase in effective capacity below about 3.2V will never be seen in our application.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barkuti

Hell, the figures in my mind were already correct :). HKJ's temp graphs do not reflect the absolute battery temperature but the drift over ambient. Of course this was making sense to me, well accustomed to his reviews' data interpretation.

Cheers :p

10. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    And if I had spent five seconds reading the bottom of the charts I would have seen that....<deep sigh>...thanks!

11. Beau Tie

Beau Tie Full Member

Apr 2, 2017
    DFW, Texas
    I can confirm with my Flawless and iJoy Solo Plus that these batteries work like a champ and last me all day. I am a heavy vaper and that is what I wanted! Tired of carrying extra 18's around. :thumb: 50W-70W average vape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.