The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Likeness to Gingerbread Ice Cream Sammich

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Recipes' started by NotSoMini, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    @tazzle and everyone — sharing a DiY recipe that a friend and Master Mixer @I'mnotZak mixed for me. Please feel free to make any adjustments to suit your taste. This particular flavor originated out of Belfast.

Gingerbread ICS
    Capella Gingerbread 3.5%
    Capella Graham Cracker 1.5%
    Inawera Biscuit 1%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 2.5%
    FA Meringue 0.75%

Recommended steep time: 3 weeks or to suit your taste

Savory ejuices are one of my favorites.

• Like Like x 10
  2. tazzle

tazzle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Will definitely give this one a whirl when I can pick up the flavors I don't have! Thank you, and I'mnotZak! <3

• Like Like x 6
  3. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Super Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Nice, I have one gingerbread vape I make from time to time & really enjoy. This one looks really good. I think I'll go mix it now. Thanks for posting... :D

• Like Like x 5
  4. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    My pleasure - hope you enjoy it.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Looks great! I've got everything but the gingerbread - guess I'll have to pick that up. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
  6. I'mnotZak

I'mnotZak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you @NotSoMini, @tazzle, and everyone who posted such kind comments. This mix was still a challenge even though the original (Out of Belfast as mentioned by Mini) listed the flavors without %'s on the bottle. I made about 6 different versions with varying flavor %'s before settling in on the recipe posted on this thread. I also added the FA Meringue to round out the mouthfeel and this flavor was not listed on the original mix. ( I find myself adding FA Meringue @ .50-.75% to just about every bakery recipe that I mix.) The interesting thing is that another ECT friend, @chanelvaps prefers the version below. She likes the throat hit that I think is due to the higher % CAP Gingerbread. As mini mentioned, the mix needs a few weeks to settle and blend. I find it "ginger" heavy when vaped fresh. I also find that the CAP Gingerbread takes on a "ginger ale" taste above 4.5%. I have posted the other version below in the event anyone would like to give it a whirl.

Gingerbread ICS V2
    Capella Gingerbread 4.5%
    Capella Graham Cracker 1.5%
    Inawera Biscuit 0.75%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

Happy mixing friends!

BTW, I don't consider myself a master mixer by any stretch however, I really enjoy DIY and will gladly accept the very kind compliment!!:)

• Like Like x 8
  7. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    What the Master Chef said is true that I gave him the ingredients minus the percentages. The vendor's website has a tab that says "What's in it?" and when you click on it, it does list the various flavors. This is the first vendor that I am aware of that is forthright in listing all of the ingredients.

Daddy Pig Smoke Juice

• Like Like x 4
  8. I'mnotZak

How does one not buy from a "Daddy Pig?"

• Like Like x 3
  9. dobroeutro

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    3 weeks today... :D Just loaded it up & all I can say is WOW, this is so good! If you like gingerbread, you need to make this one! I did make one sub, CAP VBIC instead of TFA... :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I'mnotZak

I'm really glad you are enjoying the mix! Your 3 week steep matched exactly what @NotSoMini has documented. Did you use the CAP VBIC at the same % as the TFA?

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  11. dobroeutro

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Yeah the same %... :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'mnotZak

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  14. man00ver

man00ver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    OK, I bought the needful Capella stuff (I hope Graham Cracker V2 isn't out of bounds), and will be giving this one a spin shortly (maybe tonight, since I have to wait 3 weeks for it)!

• Like Like x 2
  15. dobroeutro

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    I've used GC v1 & 2 and don't notice a lot of difference... YMMV.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    You can always sample it at different intervals as taste is subjective. For myself I found it was subtle after steeping for approximately a week or so.

• Like Like x 3
  17. man00ver

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    No worries, I'm only fake-grousing. I've got a pretty long line of new mixes and new-flavor tests to sample, so it may take more than a month before I get to this one anyway. But I DID put it together last night, so it'll be waiting for me!

Thanks for posting it, and thanks to @I'mnotZak for cooking up the clone!

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'mnotZak

I hope you like it when you get to it!

• Like Like x 3
  19. man00ver

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    I took it along on my business trip this week. I meant it to be my morning flavor, but it's really an ADV. I used the original version @NotSoMini posted, very well steeped. Extremely good and it's now on my permanent hit list. Great job!!!

• Like Like x 4
  20. I'mnotZak

Well that is beyond outstanding news. Thank you for posting the update and for taking the time to pay a fellow mixer a very high compliment. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.