Status
Not open for further replies.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Goofy title, honest question.

I received my second Reo Grand for Christmas. Pics will be up eventually. :) I notice with this one that the button is much more "springy" than my other Reo. It feels a lot better. What would cause a button to not have that springiness?

I hope this question makes sense.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
Button smashing perhaps? The only spring type action I can see would be the firing pin. How long have you had the other one? I have only had mine a day so I will let others give better answers. I did however get to open mine up within the first hour. Now I get to see How everything fits and performs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
buckethead, I don't know how "old" your other REO is, but I have noticed the same thing with the newer REOs versus the ones I've had for a couple of years. I'm not sure if Rob's using some different material or what, but on my older REOs, the button is a little harder to push. On my new(ish) REO Grand and on my new(ish) 2.1, the button feels much easier to push. I really like the newer ones better. It could be that my older one is just gunked up inside and I just don't realize it. LOL

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
The spring wouldn't do anything. That just holds the battery in place. The springiness comes from the firing pin. It's a long piece of metal that has an angle to it to make contact with. To get a springy switch back the firing pin would need to be replaced. I am not sure if rob puts those in the rebuild kit. Or if replacing it voids warranty. I would suggest getting in contact with rob. I am only a little over 24 hours with my reo. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
myreobutton.jpeg

Never had a problem with mine!

T

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
View attachment 288597

Never had a problem with mine!

T

I've never thought of myself as a button masher. The Reo was purchased second hand so the previous owner very well could have been. I'll take the delrin out of both Reo's and compare the firing pins. Maybe a new one will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I've never thought of myself as a button masher. The Reo was purchased second hand so the previous owner very well could have been. I'll take the delrin out of both Reo's and compare the firing pins. Maybe a new one will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also compare the center of the delrin cover as the firing pin bends over a ridge on it, a difference in position or height could change the tension applied by the firing pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread