Lindwurm RTA by Vapefly // Review by HyDrOpOnIc1987

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2021
Vapefly Lindwurm rta // Review by HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hello everyone and welcome to another review by, well, me! This time I have the rta Lindwurm by Vapefly to show you. It was given to me by Sourcemore for the purpose of this review. In this review, I hope to give you some valuable information regarding said rta as well as some promotional images and then I will get to my own unboxing, assembly and usage. So, without further adieu, let's get to it!

Promotional Images and Information

Features:
Laser engraving & corrosion processings
25.5mm diameter, 810 drip tip
Top filling system, 5ml capacity
Precise bottom & side airflow
Concealed airflow adjustment
Designed with single coil deck
Excellent DL vaping experience
6 interchangeable airflow pins as those of Brunhilde MTL RTA

Specifications:
Brand: Vapefly
Unit: 1 Set
Diameter: 25.5mm
Filling: Top filling
Capacity: 5ml
Airflow: Bottom & side airflow
Coil Deck: Single coil deck
Airflow Pin: 0.9mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.8mm, 2.1mm, 2.5mm
Drip Tip: 810
Color: Silver, Black, Gunmetal
Package: Box

Package Contents:
1pc Vapefly Lindwurm RTA
1pc 5ml Glass Tube
2pc Firebolt Cotton
2pc 0.3ohm Pre-built Coils
1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1pc Screwdriver
3pc Allen Screws
5pc Airflow Screws
1pc O-rings

Unboxing, Assembly and Usage Highlights

The packaging is very nice. I love the nod to the old parchment paper and the ink splosh across the front of the box. Goes very well with the Dragon theme. Speaking of, you can see the little claws on the RTA. Very cool!
On the front of the box is al the branding, as well as a small sticker that notifies you of what colour RTA is included in the box. On the right side is more branding. The left side, top and bottom are all blank. The back of the box has, of course, more branding. It also shows the features of this RTA, Vapefly's social media channels, the address of Vapefly HQ, the Scratch and Check sticker and another sticker that has the UPC code (and in brackets has the colour of the device). Last but not least is a Warning to keep out of reach of children.

When sliding the paper cover off the box, you're shown “Vapefly" and the logo embossed in a gold colour. The box itself is black and textured. Besides that, there are no other markings on the box itself.
Opening the box shows you the RTA, as well as a spare glass. All the spare stuff and the coils and what not, are underneath in a small compartment.

As previously mentioned, underneath the RTA in another separate compartment is the manual, airflow control tutorial paper, a warranty card, a piece of paper with a QR code to redeem for 50 reward points with Vapefly and a piece of paper with all the airflow pins punched through (very well organized!). Of course, there's also the baggies with the spare o-rings, spare screws, tools (tri-tool AND an allen key), a 810 to 510 drip tip adapter and the coils and cotton.

To start, I took the RTA apart and cleaned everything with a mild dishsoap and an old toothbrush. I can't stress enough how important it is to clean you tanks before use. You never know if there's small pieces of metal that flaked off during the machining process as well as using the soap to remove any residual machining oil that may be left on the device. You definitely don't want to inhale metal shards and machine oil.

After making sure everything is adequately dry, I moved onto the building stage. I took one of the coils that was provided and fit it in the slots (after unscrewing the grub screws of course) and positioned it to my liking and tightened the grub screws. They I took my clips and clipped the excess length on the legs of the coil. Next I dry burned and scraped at the coil with my ceramic tweezers until it glowed evenly from the inside to the outside. Also made sure there were no hot spots. Then I took one of the pieces of cotton that was provided in the box and slipped it through the middle of the coil. I made sure that there was enough friction that the coil wouldn't just slip through quickly and with very little effort, you want there to be a decent amount of force. If the cotton is too loose, you'll get spitting and the such. Too tight and it wont wick properly. RTA's are a balancing act when it comes to wicking. After the cotton was in the coil, I slathered the cotton with my favourite e-liquid flavour, then pressed the button to see the vapour come off the coil. Lastly, I put the RTA back together and filled the tank. Good to go!

After a little over a week using the Lindwurm RTA, the flavour is amazing! I love the airflow on this tank! I didn't use any of the included airflow pins as I prefer a more open DTL vape. The airflow is very airy, it doesn't feel super turbulent either. With it fully open, it was pretty smooth. I didn't have any negative issues with this RTA either, so I don't have much else to report in the way of usage. There also wasn't any leaking. All in all, I'm VERY impressed with this RTA.

If you like DTL vaping, full bodied flavours, easy wicking and easy building as well as top filling, then this RTA is for you! If any of those things I mentioned relates to you, consider picking this device up as I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I would like to thank Sourcemore for sending me this Lindwurm RTA by Vapefly for me to review. They also gave me a code for everyone to pick one up at a discount. Who doesn't like discounts?!

Thank you very much for checking out my review. I hope that I was able to teach you something about the device today as well as show you a little about it. Please check out the link below to pickup yours today. Also, don't forget about the discount code!

Code: VLIR

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA Tank Φ25.5mm 5ml

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2021
Naw, haven't had the pleasure. This is my first Vapefly "anything" that I've used. Slowly, I'll get there lol i was thinking of asking for the 1o3 but decided to steer away from a rebuildable for my next choice. They've been dominating my reviews lately lol guess that's what happens once you get started down the rebuildables rabbit hole lol

And tyvm :) got a little excited when i brought up rebuildables hahhaa

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Naw, haven't had the pleasure. This is my first Vapefly "anything" that I've used. Slowly, I'll get there lol i was thinking of asking for the 1o3 but decided to steer away from a rebuildable for my next choice. They've been dominating my reviews lately lol guess that's what happens once you get started down the rebuildables rabbit hole lol

And tyvm :) got a little excited when i brought up rebuildables hahhaa

I haven't tried the 1o3 either. I thought about asking for it but I've been doing a ton of tanks lately so thought I'd take a break from requesting them this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread