Liquid in Gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastianbach

Oct 8, 2018
Hello,

This is my second silly entry today. Just want to know why not to do it.

Is it possible to inject the juice into the gum. Does not necessarily have to be gum by the way. Some lemon tart in the tea would also smile me too.:hubba:

Don' t know anything about nicotine gum, but i guess it would be totally different thing.

I also want to thank admins too for not banning me. Ciao

• Love
Reactions: Baditude

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is it possible to inject the juice into the gum. Does not necessarily have to be gum by the way. Some lemon tart in the tea would also smile me too.

I'm sure it's possible, but would it be a good idea? I doubt it would be. eliquid is to be turned into vapor for inhalation. It's not meant to be ingested, which is what would happen if you injected it into gum you chewed or put it into tea you were drinking.

Personally, if I ingested the usual 10mL-12mL of 7mg eliquid that I vape per day...I'm positive that I'd have a bad stomach ache every day and would probably do physical harm to my digestive system, too.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Is it possible to inject the juice into the gum. Does not necessarily have to be gum by the way. Some lemon tart in the tea would also smile me too.:hubba:

In theory yes you could. I don't know how the gum would behave with liquid injected into it and most likely it would all come spilling out as soon as you bit into it. Thus removing the time delay release as with normal gum. It might be better to roll the gum as flat as possible, put a bit of eliquid on it, and find a way to dry it without ruining the nicotine. Then roll it back up. If using the drying method I mentioned you would want to use a higher concentration of eliquid so there would be less liquid that needs to be dried. Also PG based might be easier to dry, I am not sure on that though.

I'm sure it's possible, but would it be a good idea? I doubt it would be. Eliquid is to be turned into vapor for inhalation. It's not meant to be ingested, which is what would happen if you injected it into gum you chewed or put it into tea you were drinking.

Personally, if I ingested the usual 10mL-12mL of 7mg eliquid that I vape per day...I'm positive that I'd have a bad stomach ache every day and would probably do physical harm to my digestive system, too.

The only difference between the nic in eliquid and the nic in gum is that the nic in eliquid is suspended in either PG or VG. Otherwise it is chemically the same. Nicorette gum comes in either 4mg or 2mg per piece of gum. This means if you had 6mg/ml of eliquid you could "inject" 0.75ml into the gum and have the exact same nic per piece as the store bought. Alternatively, if you had 40mg/ml you could spread 0.1ml over the gum to dry. At these levels you would have to chew 18 pieces per day to get into the daily range you are talking about (10ml * 7mg/ml = 70mg/day). Yes the nic would be ingested but that is no different than with the real gum, or worse, the lozenges.

All that said, I can personally attest that LONG TERM use of the lozenges did in fact cause occasional episodes of stomach and digestive issues. Including severe abdominal cramps and ........ followed by constipation. For me, an episode lasted about 2 to 3 days (1 day of each of the 3 symptoms) and occurred only every few months but none of this started until after a year or more of daily use and quit as soon as I stopped using them.

So if it were me, I would only use this as a very short term "stop gap". Perhaps if I were on an airplane or serving on jury duty and couldn't vape for several hours.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: sebastianbach

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm sure it's possible, but would it be a good idea? I doubt it would be. Eliquid is to be turned into vapor for inhalation. It's not meant to be ingested, which is what would happen if you injected it into gum you chewed or put it into tea you were drinking.

He’s not serious you realize

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If you did, best case scenario youd get a gnarly stomach ache, maybe .... your pants, or generally feel like .... because you ingested to much nicotine. Worse case scenario youd die from nicotine poisoning.

If you made it the way I said, you would get TMJ or lock jaw from chewing that much gum long before you OD'ed.

• Agree
Reactions: Lufty

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I still think the wood coil was the best one. That was particularly well done
I almost envisioned a mini butane torch type coil heater design that might work, provided the flame is small enough not to catch the whole thing on fire. But im still scratching my head trying to figure out wooden coils....

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
He wasn't but I was. I had already considered it this past summer when we flew to Florida and then had Jury duty shortly after we got back. I most likely will do something similar for the next time either of those happens.
I've been known to put a few drops of eliquid onto a small piece of a napkin and tuck it between my cheek and gum on long flights.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I've been known to put a few drops of eliquid onto a small piece of a napkin and tuck it between my cheek and gum on long flights.

We need a Snus like product .. slow release tiny bags of e-liquid .. I can't believe I just invented the next craze and Posted it to the World .. oh, well, another fortune flushed .. :eek:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I hate this guy. I just injected eliquid into my gum and it hurt like hell. My yard looks terrible because I cut down all of my trees trying to make coils. I pulled my teeth so I could make the vape dentures. I truly hate this guy. He's ruining my life.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I hate this guy. I just injected eliquid into my gum and it hurt like hell. My yard looks terrible because I cut down all of my trees trying to make coils. I pulled my teeth so I could make the vape dentures. I truly hate this guy. He's ruining my life.
Vape Dentures? How did I miss that one???

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hello,

Do you know is the EzDripper made of glass or not? If it is not glass, do you know any glass that would perfectly fit on? Thanks.
Who needs glass? Why can't we develop a zero gravity mini atmosphere to keep the liquid where we want it? Containers are sooooo yesterday.....:blink:

• Optimistic
Reactions: untar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread