The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Liquid Strength?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by olddaddy, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. olddaddy

olddaddy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    I see all different suppliers sell different kinds and I guess different liquid brands. What assurance does anyone have that the strength is what is listed? I know none of this is regulated and really wonder what would prevent a manufacturer from cutting the nicotine strength. Nicotine is the real expense in the liquids but all strengths are priced the same which also doesn't make much sense.

2. fenez

fenez Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    Good question, & how would we know how much nic is in the juice? We wouldn't.

3. asidrave

asidrave Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    we dont have any assurance....we have to take the suppliers word for it. if they want our business they have to be honest with us...that is what i want to believe

4. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    Well since the suppliers don't make the juice how would they know? They just buy it from a chinese manufacturer.

5. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    But how does our supplier know if the manufacturers claim of strength is correct?

6. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    They dont know

7. ejfan1977

ejfan1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Kingston, Washington
    WE are all riding on blind faith at this time... No way to know, no way for many of us to check unless we are chemists... I have to just jump in and believe.

8. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    Maybe what I am looking for here is for a supplier to chime in. I have bought from about 5 different suppliers and most of the packaging looks very homemade> Johnson creek is the only one that looks professional and they admit to making their own liquid.

Do suppliers receive their liquid in large containers and then repackage? Or do they receive the liquid in the containers they sell and just label them?

9. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    They all sell pretty much the same flavors so the assumption would be that there are only a few manufacturers and they are supplying many people. & so far the only company that claims they make it is jc

10. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    Pretty much is the operative phrase, If that is the case are you suggesting that suppliers are adding to a flavor or possibly making their own concoctions from whatever they receive from the few manufacturers and then bottling it to sell?

11. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    There are loads of recipes on this forum so it wouldn't be very hard to do but I'm not suggesting that anyone is doing that. I'm saying that the suppliers have to take what the manufacturer say as gospel

12. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    Well I really wonder. I see the most popular liquid seller from this board sells out his stock within minutes. His liquid (mainly menthol) is different than every other supplier. Does this mean he has a exclusive selling agreement with a manufacturer to sell this product? Or is he making or doctoring a liquid?

This reminds me of stories my grandpa told me about about enterprising individuals during the prohibition> And yes, some actually did use baths tubs for their mixing.

13. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    It could just be packaged by him after delivery. But I can tell you this he ain't making it because it's impossible to get nic.

14. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago

He can get unflavored liquid and go from there.

15. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    yeah he could but he still wouldn't know the actual nic content.

16. Twisted Vapor

Twisted Vapor Unregistered Supplier

Mar 20, 2009
    Michigan, USA
    I think this is one of the reasons the FDA has concerns over this product. I hope we can develop more quality assurance and regulation without getting these things banned. If you read some of the posts on here you will see people are willing to go to extreme measures to continue vaping, like pulling nic from nicotine patches and trying to home make their own liquid! 8-o

I will be opening a web store shortly and will be buying liquid bulk directly from the manufacture and re bottling completely unaltered. I will only be carrying one strength (18mg) and a limited number of flavors to get started but I would never want to alter the manufacture formula by adding pg of vg to cut the nic content or add lor anne candy flavorings.

Please note that I am not claiming that other suppliers are doing this or that if they are they are doing so unsafely. I have tried many different brands of e-liquid and enjoyed them all.

17. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    how many manufacturers are there?

18. olddaddy

Feb 11, 2009
    Chicago
    No he won't but the most popular high strength could actually be a lower strength and labeled incorrectly. Now before everyone wakes up in the morning and I get flamed, I am not accusing him of doing this because if he was that dishonest he wouldn't be running out of the high strength so quickly.

My point is that if liquid is repackaged it is very easy for a dishonest supplier to cut the liquid in order to produce and sell more liquid. But that is something that the manufacturer may also be doing.

Finally, as I stated in my original question which I have digressed from, Why are all strengths of liquids priced the same when the main cost of liquid is nicotine?

19. LifeLongJoyRide

LifeLongJoyRide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2009
    Austin TX
    6 and 1/2 suppliers

20. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    I don't know but I wish we would get some hard facts on the liquid there is too much left to chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.