LiquidXpress - Comprehensive Flavoring Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Chapel Thrill
The first time I heard about Rob, and his site LiquidXpress, was in the Unofficial ECF IRC Channel.

Being relatively new to e-cigs, I was a bit unsure about the whole DIY e-liquid scene, so my first order from LiquidXpress consisted of pre-mixed e-liquid only.

Suffice to say, I was thoroughly impressed with both the liquid and the excellent customer service Rob provided.

As I became more familiar with e-cigs and e-liquid in general, my desire to control both the level of nicotine and flavor in my e-liquid grew. And after the great experience I had with LiquidXpress in the past, it was the first place I went to when I was ready to take the plunge into the DIY world.

Instead of going the traditional route, and trying out a few of the flavorings at a time, I decided to go all out and ordered nearly every flavor LiquidXpress had to offer.

(Pictures of my order.)​

After several days of mixing and vaping, I'm finally ready to share my thoughts on each of the flavors I received from LiquidXpress.

Overview Notes

• My mix for each flavoring consisted of the following:

15 drops "Naked" 36mg PG + 10 drops VG + 5 drops PG + 6-8 drops flavoring

*All of the additional liquids (VG, PG, PG 36mg, VG 36mg) used in each flavoring mix were also purchased from LiquidXpress.*

• I reviewed each flavoring based on the following criteria:

Smell: What the flavoring smells like before it is mixed.
    Taste: What the flavoring tastes like before it is mixed.
    Color: What the flavoring looks like before it is mixed.
    Flavoring Strength: A general rating based on how much flavoring it takes to achieve optimum flavor in the mix.
    Vape: A description of what the mix is like when it is vaped.
    Compliments: A list of flavors that mix well together with the flavor in question.
    Thoughts: An overview of what I think about the flavoring.

*I do not mention throat hit or vapor quality in my overview simply because of the DIY nature of the flavoring mixes, and the fact that each person mixes their liquids differently.*

**Though it should be noted that my mix for each flavoring provided me with great throat hit and superb vapor quality (in both thickness and quantity).**

Cool Rush (Menthol):

Smell: Strong menthol scent with a "gum" base.
Taste: Dry menthol.
Color: Clear.
Flavoring Strength: 4/5.
Vape: Smooth, crisp, and thoroughly refreshing menthol.
Compliments: Just about everything. It can be used to clean up almost any flavor of e-liquid and give them a nice menthol kick.
Thoughts: Cool Rush is the BEST menthol e-liquid I have ever had. Compared to the many other menthol e-liquids I have tried, it comes closest to imitating a real menthol cigarette.

Original (Tobacco):

Smell: Sharp tobacco scent.
Taste: Relatively tasteless.
Flavoring Strength: 3/5.
Vape: Mild tobacco with the slightest hint of nut.
Compliments: Cool Rush and 555.
Thoughts: Original is quite similar to the TAB e-liquid most suppliers sell, but much more clean and enjoyable overall.

555 (Tobacco Blend):

Smell: Strong nut scent, similar to an oil.
Taste: Raw walnuts.
Vape: Light to mild roasted nut flavor with a hint of tobacco.
Compliments: Original (enhances the distinct nut flavor).
Thoughts: Not so much a tobacco blend, 555 has it's own unique flavor with a rather delightful aroma when exhaled. The flavor is much lighter than most other 555 liquids I have tried.

Black Tea:

Smell: Strong tea scent with a mix of syrupy sweetness.
Taste: Bitter tea.
Vape: Delicate and bitter tea flavor.
Compliments: N/A
Thoughts: Being an occasional drinker of black tea, the aroma of the liquid threw me off slightly, but the flavor was right on point when I vaped it.

Mr. Bean (Coffee):

Smell: Coffee liquor and cocoa.
Taste: Bitter roasted coffee beans.
Vape: Mild coffee blend with hint of cream.
Compliments: Taboo.
Thoughts: I drink strong black coffee, and was expecting something similar to it. Though Mr. Bean does not have a very strong coffee flavor, it is still an enjoyable flavor nonetheless.

Taboo (RY4):

Smell: Smokey caramel scent.
Taste: Slightly sweet vanilla cream.
Vape: Subtle vanilla, caramel, and cream blend.
Compliments: Mr. Bean.
Thoughts: Taboo has a very nice sweet and delicate aroma on the exhale, with an occasional smokey aftertaste from the caramel.

The New 23 (Dr. Pepper):

Smell: Sharp spicy cola scent.
Taste: Spicy and bitter cola flavored medicine.
Color: Very light brown.
Flavoring Strength: N/A
Vape: Strong cola taste with some spice.
Thoughts: The new 23 is spot on. It's as close to the real thing as you can get, and it is a great improvement over the previous version of 23 (which was reminiscent of the classic bottle cap candy).

*The New 23 (VG formula) is currently only available as a pre-mixed 36mg e-liquid.*

Cola:

Smell: Flat syrupy sweet soda.
Taste: Bitter herbs.
Vape: Refreshing cola flavor without too much sweetness.
Thoughts: It's RC Cola, and it's fantastic.

Pure Satisfaction (Snickers):

Smell: Rich chocolate syrup.
Taste: Peanuts with a tinge of chocolate.
Vape: Subtle blend of chocolate, peanuts, and caramel.
Thoughts: Pure Satisfaction is a nice clean blend that comes together well to form an authentic Snickers flavor. A bit on the light side, but that allows each individual flavor to stand out instead of being drowned out by each other.

Cool Rush Cherry (Cherry Menthol):

Smell: Pronounced sweet cherry and menthol fragrance.
Taste: Menthol with a hint of fruity flavor.
Vape: Smooth natural cherry with a kick of menthol.
Thoughts: Cool Rush Cherry is everything I hoped it would be, and then some. A clean cherry taste with just the right amount of menthol, and a lovely aroma on the exhale to boot.

Carnival Apple (Caramel Apple):

Smell: Apple Cider.
Taste: Apple Cider.
Vape: Natural apple flavor with slight caramel sweetness.
Compliments: Taboo.
Thoughts: The natural apple flavor is very clean and is mixed with just enough caramel flavor to give Carnival Apple a subtle sweetness (unlike most other apple e-liquids that usually have an apple juice sweetness to them).

SK Splash (Strawberry-Kiwi):

Smell: Sharp strawberry and kiwi fragrance.
Taste: Flat fruity flavor.
Vape: Smooth blend of strawberry and kiwi.
Compliments: Cool Rush.
Thoughts: SK Splash has just the right blend of strawberry and kiwi, the individual flavors compliment each other well (without one overpowering the other). Not being the biggest fan of fruity e-liquids, I was surprised at how much I ended up enjoying this flavor.

Chocolate Mint:

Smell: Strong chocolate and mint aroma with an alcohol/acetone base.
Taste: Bitter mint, almost like mouthwash or toothpaste.
Vape: Pronounced mint flavor with a hint of chocolate.
Thoughts: Chocolate Mint is definitely more mint than chocolate, it is quite similar to an After Eight thin mint. I find the flavor more subdued and pleasurable than a plain mint liquid.

Grape:

Smell: Sweet grape aroma.
Taste: Light grape gum.
Vape: Natural grape flavor.
Compliments: Cool Rush, menthol crystals/drops.
Thoughts: Grape is AMAZING. Most other grape e-liquids have an artificial taste similar to grape gum, but this flavoring is a clean and delightful natural grape with just the right amount of sweetness.

Final Notes

• I also received a sample size of French Pipe flavoring, but as Rob has decided against carrying it, I have opted not to include it in this overview.

• I will also be adding Peach, Lemon-Ginseng, Cherry Limeade, and Cappuccino to this overview in the next week or two.

For more information about LiquidXpress, feel free to visit Rob's forum or go directly to his site.

Thank you for taking the time to read my overview.

Happy vaping (and mixing).

~Azure~

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
I just ordered Cappacino and Ry4 from liquidxpress. Nice to see a review of their products. I previously ordered the 555 flavoring and I agree, it is a smooth nutty flavor. I was hoping for more flavor from it, because it is so good. I find myself topping off all my bottles with it, because it's great. I'd love a stronger 555 though, so I don't have to use the whole bottle to get a stronger flavor.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I just ordered Cappacino and Ry4 from liquidxpress. Nice to see a review of their products. I previously ordered the 555 flavoring and I agree, it is a smooth nutty flavor. I was hoping for more flavor from it, because it is so good. I find myself topping off all my bottles with it, because it's great. I'd love a stronger 555 though, so I don't have to use the whole bottle to get a stronger flavor.

I know, I liked the Taboo and the Cool Rush, but I give up on it. It's so watered down and you have to add SOOOOOOO much of it that it just is NOT cost effective at all. Bummer!! The Taboo was better than RY4 IMO. I wish the flavorings were either stronger or less expensive to make it cost effective, but since that's not the case, I give up on it. :mad:

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
oh wow I just got the Ry4 today .. and the cappacino is called Artisan. Not watered down at all. omg it's full flavor. I'm topping off my carts with both and a drop of VG or my home brew 0 zero nic of water/vg/pg.

I don't know what it was about the 555 - you're right - it seemed watered down maybe. if it was DOUBLE the flavor, I'd be hooked on it. I just love the nutty flavor. I even tried vaping it alone and still not strong enough.

The Taboo and Artisan are very strong though. I'm loving vaping them on my 510 with the PT.

They were just what I was looking for to replace that analog hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread