The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Liquor Flavors?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes,go for it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Thanks for reopening this.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Suggest walking lightly and to creep up on spearmint... it is a very powerful flavor that can go form Ahhh to Yuck in a heartbeat if you add too much. I have used Polar Blast to add cool ever since I gave up on Koolada, but I have also used mints sometimes as well (spearmint, wintergreen, peppermint, etc). I can't stand the taste of menthol, and don't normally vape fruits, but a sweet fruit flavor like Lychee can tame it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    For alcoholic drink profiles at various times I have made/liked more than once Amaretto, Jamaican Rum with just a trace of Coke as an after taste, Spiced Dark Rum Nog's, the Green Fairy and my Evil Root mostly. While I have come up with some others (based on tequila, scotch, bourbon, vodka, wine, etc), they came and went away. And some were so far back I don't remember what they were without digging thru the old recipe database.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    @FranC — thanks for unlocking and reviving this thread. I have read everything from the beginning. Also thanks to @PJReid for the wonderful detailed tasting notes and recipes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I dug a couple out of the ditches

Spiked Tea

VTA Scotch Whiskey 2 1/2%
    FA Black Tea 3%
    FA Kiwi 3%

Cool Fizzy Bourbon

TFA Kentucky Bourbon 2%
    TFA Gingerale 1%
    TFA Champagne 1.5%
    INW Rhubarb .75%
    WS-23 .5%

• Like Like x 5
  7. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    If you are feeling "herbal;" FLV Basil plays nicely with both gin and rum. Mojitos translate well to vaping. And, the rum/mint combo pairs easily with fruits, like pomegranate, blueberry, etc.. :)
    That'd take some creativity. The challenges, as I see it, are the egg white, and the orange flower water. There are no direct concentrate equivalents that I am aware of. Meringue might(?) cover the silky thickness egg white adds, as well as kiddie in for the simple syrup component. Orange flower water, is something I have not personally come across. But, just spit-balling; I am thinking, just a hint of orange, with a compliment of honeysuckle, to add that floral note.

The rest: cream, lemon, lime, gin, and soda water (fizz); seems quite doable. though, with that many ingredients, I can see it still taking some time (and many testers), to get the balance right. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You just gave me a dandy use for some basil. Thank you:) I'm thinking one of my strange mixes....VTA Light Rum,basil,sweet and Sour Rhubarb.....to be continued.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Well and all, as a Scotsman who loves a good Speyside Whisky here's what I do - I mix up a 40/60 PG/Vg mix to 16 strength nic and I add from my dripping botle one sixth of the bottle's tube length some White and MacKay's, Grouse, Grant's, Balllentine's, White Horse. Dewar's or Wiliam Lawson's ( in Spain, their domestic DYC 8 Year Old is as good ) to the mix and then vape it in a good dripper ( tanks kill any flavour nuances ) - been doing that for three years plus and I still like it!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The Orange Flower Water is more of an aroma than adding anything to the flavour of the cocktail. Not exactly a garnish, which also adds a visual effect to the cocktail, but like a garnish you can pick up the aroma as you bring the drink toward your face. Many bars, at least the ones willing to put forth the effort to make the drink, do not use the flower water cause just a drop too much can destroy the drink. It’s potent stuff. I use it at home, but do not use it at dinner/cocktail parties where I am forced by friends to make the drink. Don’t know if an orange flavour would give that aroma or add to the flavour which I guess could also be beneficial. Vanilla extract is another ingredient that is not always added

As for the egg whites – good idea on the meringue. The cocktail does call for simple syrup so perhaps a sweet meringue would be the ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I think you could probably start with .25% of your favorite orange or blood orange. 2% RF Soda Base gives fizz and the simple syrup. 4% VTA Botanical Gin is where I would start. CAP Lemon-Lime at 4% gives you the lemon and lime flavor. I would throw in .5% to 1% FA Aurora because it is magical for fizz and icy lime flavor. Meringue at 1-2% and maybe even Marshmallow at 1% for the frothy texture. Add FA Cream Fresh at 1% to 2% and 1 to 2% of a heavy, sweet cream flavor - VTA Sweet Cream, a Whipped Cream flavor, or even TFA Vanilla Swirl or WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream if you want the vanilla in there. No idea what you would end up with but this is my best guess for a starting point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just came to my remembrance that I have an sft of FLV Tequila Agave:) Anxious to try that.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    That’s awesome! I can see I will be following this thread closely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Lordron's_Drag

Lordron's_Drag Super Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Hmm so just to be clear this is just flavors and u won't get wasted right cause if you do I'm out. I used to love a mixed drink. Only one though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    We’re not vaping a double rum and coke’s, or Jager bombs, just good ol’ e-juice that tastes like our favorite cocktails or alcoholic beverages.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Ok I'm in I'm going to order some tequila orange juice and dangit whats that red, grenadine. Surprise my future ex wife with a tequila son rise or maybe a pina colada

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    With heaps of nic for that out of body wasted feeling hahahaha JK

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Piña Coladas
    FA Coconut 2.5%
    FA Cream Fresh 2%
    CAP Golden Pineapple .80%
    VTA Light Rum 1%
    FA Jamaican Special (Jamaican Rum) 1%
    FA Lime Tahiti (Distilled) .25%
    INW Pineapple 3%
    SugarDaddy Sweetener or CAP Super Sweet (or whatever you like) .5%
    VTA Sugarloaf Pineapple 3%
    FLV Sweet Coconut 2%
    WS-23 30% .5%

Shake and Vape but better with a 3 day steep

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  19. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Bueno I'll put look into it. She doesn't smoke Stinky's or vape, well she has tried to hit mine a few times she has to pulse fire other wise shes choking

20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tried my sft of FLV Tequila Agave today and I'm liking it so far. Put away for a second try in another week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.