The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Liquor Flavors?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    Tommy Bahama always posts recipes. Some of their cocktail recipes may be difficult to adapt to vaping due to the flavors used at least for me as an amateur. You can take a peek here Cocktail Recipes

• Like Like x 2
  2. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    If you change your mind, just let me know.

Edited: What else is on your list?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I will:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    I am meeting my BFF for lunch and a visit today so will be offline until I get home.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Enjoy:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I will post the vodka recipes I like most in a day or two. I am packing and getting ready to catch the red-eye from Seattle to DC tonight. Home for two weeks. YAY!!!!! The hardest decisions on what to take are the mods and tanks. :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad you're getting some home time in:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    No hurry — enjoy your time at home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am home and severely jet lagged. I had trouble getting much sleep on the red-eye flight because the plane was somewhat uncomfortable, even though I paid extra for an upgraded seat. Had a nap when I got home and I should be okay by tomorrow. There is basketball today and tomorrow - something none of you know about me is that I am a huge college basketball fan. I promise to post the recipes. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Catch up on your rest and your basketball first.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    I
    I have not been on an airplane so no jet lag however I have been in bed at 8 pm a couple of nights this week. Just could not keep my eyes open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    It is halftime so I looked up these two vodka recipes. Both are quite tasty to me.

Fizzy Sea Breeze
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    Pink Guava (Flavorah) 1%
    Ruby Red Grapefruit (Natural) (FW) 1.75%
    Russian Vodka (VTA) 5%
    Soda Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2%
    White Grapefruit (INAWERA) .25%
    WS-23 30% .5 to .75%

Fizzy Bay Breeze
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Golden Pineapple (CAP) .8%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    Russian Vodka (VTA) 5%
    Soda Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2%
    Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA) 2%
    WS-23 30% .5 to .75%

You can sub Cranberry (SC) for the TFA if you like. I think it is better and stronger but does require at least a week’s steep. I would sub it at 1.5%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm not a big lime person but I can do just a tad and I finally orderd the Aurora @PJReid

• Like Like x 3
  14. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I use it at 1% but you might want to go with .5% to start. It will add that "something, something" to your cocktail recipes, even those with bourbon, scotch, etc. IMO, it is the magic! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Looking forward to finally trying it:) Hoping it will light a fire under me to get back ti some boozy recipes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    Belated thanks for the recipes — been under the weather.

Looks like I will be placing a few more orders ;). Before I do, for medical reasons I cannot eat/drink grapefruit so I do not vape it either to be on the safe side. For the Fizzy Sea Breeze, if this was changed to a different citrus, what would you recommend? No doubt I have an assortment of lemons, a few orange type flavors, a few limes including FA Cold Pressed, FA Distilled, FA Florida Key Lime and CAP Lemon Lime. I am not opposed to buying whatever is needed that I do not have. I will probably end up placing another order with CF as I would like to buy FA Lemon Zest although I do not have a need for it at the moment.

For Fizzy Bay Breeze, I will go with SC Cranberry only because there are very few TFA flavors I can taste. I will order the flavors I am missing. How long of a steep would you recommend using SC Cranberry?

• Like Like x 1
  17. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Well, you can't make a Sea Breeze without grapefruit but I bet you could make something delicous along the same lines using lemon or orange or both. Maybe sub out the Guava and Grapefruit flavors with 2% FE Lemon, 1% Lemon Sicily, and 2% VTA Sour Lemon. The sky and your tastebuds are the limit. Lemon and Tangerine? Lemon and Pomegranate?

I bought the Lemon Zest and have never used it. I thought I did an sft for it but can't find it in my notes. I will check when I get back to Washington to see if I still have the sft.

The SC Cranberry needs about 2 weeks to fully develop.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    Thanks once again for your help — I plan to look up vodka flavors on the internet too as I know there are many different ones IRL. If you think about the FA Lemon Zest when you get back to WA, that would be great. If not, no worries. I was able to buy SC Cranberry from VT — only place I could find it.

The other flavor that I have on my list is INW Mix Mint. After vaping and enjoying your cough drop recipe a few months back and continue to enjoy Heart of Andes, I find that I like the minty flavors much more than I thought I would. Not sure what I will use it in however nice to have on hand in case the occasion arises.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't have INW Mix Mint. I do have the INW Natural Mint. I was hoping it would taste like mint I picked from my garden but was disappointed in it. I wanted to use it to make a Mojito and it was okay but not what I was hoping for. I like mint and menthol in all of my vapes but the Natural Mint wasn't quite what I was looking for. It had a little too much spearmint in it for my tastes. Maybe the Mix Mint will work for you. Let me know. I was turned off by the description of Spearmint, Peppermint, and Wintergreen all in one flavor. I want fresh from the garden mint flavor and haven't found it. *sigh*

• Like Like x 1
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    VT?

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.