The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Liquor Flavors?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    VapersTek. They only had 10mls so I bought two in case they decide to discontinue it. They were out of 30ml.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    VapersTek. They also have it at VapingZone. VapingZone has 30ml bottles in stock. I don't think VapersTek ever had them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    It does not matter at this point however I did go to the Vaping Zone website and did not find any SC. VT did show 30mls as being out of stock. This is what I ordered from VT so I hope this is correct:
    Super Concentrated Cranberry Flavoring

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Yes, that's the one. I did the same thing as you did - bought several 10ml bottles. I bookmarked VapingZone for next time since the they have 30ml bottles. I hope you like it as much as I do.
    https://www.vapingzone.com/diy-cranberry-concentrated-flavor.html

• Like Like x 3
  5. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Have you ever tried real Bacardi white rum? I thought I was the only nut job to do that but I found that it's been done before. 10% works well as part of your PG content. I'd love to try real bourbon because of the flavor but way too much sugar and caramel coloring to be healthy. (note: the Bacardi kept my coils clean longer:p)

• Like Like x 2
  6. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you ladies:) I've been interested in the SC cranberry for awhile because I like cranberry. I went with 30ml from VZ cause I have an account there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2018
    I haven't seen anybody post these here but they are the real deal:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A bump for the boozy mixes:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2018
    Here is another good liquor vape - a brandy cigar!:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    They sure look tempting but I didn't pay $1 per ml before I DIYed so I'm not likely to pay that price now. I wonder if N-E-T offers something similar. Their prices would be more reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Just taking a quick look I found this on N-E-T

Rum Rebellion

13. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @FranC, You are the OP of this thread, so please correct me if I am wrong. But... I thought your intent was for DIY (concentrates, and recipes) discussion of boozy/liquor mixing... not commercial ready-to-vape e-liquids. It seems like the posts are starting to move off-topic.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes ,you are correct. I'm afraid the commercial mixtures did not grab my attention.

So,folks.As Joel said this is a DIY thread to discuss Boozy flavors and DIY mixes. Keep on topic please. Thanks ,Joel.:)

• Like Like x 4
  15. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
  16. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Darn! I saw your name and was hoping you'd posted a new recipe or tasting notes. LOL.
    I'm waiting for warmer weather before mixing up summer cocktails, but it's never too early to start planning.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I do have an Appletini recipe I am working on. I will share once I get it right. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  18. NotSoMini

Jul 13, 2014
    @PJReid and @FranC and any and all that have input.

It occurred to me that it has been years since I had Creme De Cassis. With the help of Google I was able to determine that CDC can be made with (1) black and red currants or (2) black currants soaked in red wine, then mashed and pulled through muslin to get the liquid or (3) using black currants only. All recipes used sugar and vodka. The resulting CDC should be syrupy.

I mixed two versions and really did not have high hopes however am pleasantly surprised. I kept them simple over what was previously mentioned as well as lowered some of the percents as I thought it would be easier to troubleshoot. Both versions lean more toward tart to my taste which I am OK with for the time being. For both recipes I am thinking of adding FA Red Wine (ECX) which I have around 0.3% to 0.5% to boost the black currant as well as the booze. I mixed a recipe several times last year called Biscochitos which used 0.3% of red wine. This recipe is for a popular New Mexico holiday cookie. Also need help with the syrupy type taste/feel if this is possible. Any suggestions on how to get the syrupy feel would be appreciated. Would FA Oba Oba be appropriate at a lower precent and if so at what percent?

This is what I mixed along with my comments:

Recipe #1:
    3% FA Blackcurrant
    1% FA Fresh Cream
    5% VT Russian Vodka
    5 day steep
    For three ingredients this is tasty. Whether is taste like CDC I do not remember. May up Fresh Cream a little or perhaps add some FLV Cream.

Recipe #2:
    1.5% FA Blackcurrant
    3% FA Papaya
    5% VT Russian Vodka
    1% FA Gelato Vaniglia
    5 day steep
    I like this one as well and definitely getting the papaya taste. I intentionally kept the blackcurrant lower so that the papaya would come through. Not sure yet but I may up the blackcurrant to 2% for more of a CDC type taste while hopefully not sacrificing the papaya taste. However will not do so until I have mixed with FA Red Wine added to it.

All criticisms appreciated and welcomed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @NotSoMini - both recipes look well balanced. I like that you added cream since berries and definitely the Russian Vodka are thin and you want some mouthfeel. I like VTA Sweet Cream as an addition to Cream Fresh but that is personal preference. VTA Sweet Cream isn't sweet but it is thick and adds something I can't get from any other cream.

I have never mixed with Blackcurrant so can't offer an opinion on that. Do you taste the vodka at 5%?

• Love Love x 1
  20. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    This is only my :2c:, but...

"Creme" (vs. "cream"), in booze-speak, refers to a style of liqueurs that have a high sugar content and have a distinct syrupy quality. That said, I am not sure creams are the best choice, for getting a syrupy effect. If you find that one adds mouthfeel without adding any perceived dairy note... then it might be a viable candidate.

Otherwise, my first thoughts (for syrupy mouthfeel) was either marshmallow, or meringue. I tend to reach for meringue more often; but in this case, the added heaviness of marshmallow may be better suited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.