Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What kind of taste does Russian Vodka impart? I bought it, but, given that the potable variety doesn't add much in the way of flavor, I don't really get what the flavoring adds to a mix.

Guess I'll find out eventually!
    I really couldn't tell you. I was never impressed with it but was told it needs a long steep.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Haven't read the entire thread yet (but will later) If nobody has mentioned this, you can just take your favorite booze (the real thing) and gently heat it in a pan, letting the alcohol evaporate. Continue doing this (not too hot) and it will also concentrate the flavor. Don't know how much of the booze flavors will also evaporate though. Mix with high VG juice (and your choice of nic) Maybe not worth the work involved, but you would end up with the exact booze flavor you wanted (spiced rum sounds good)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am not sure how well that would work. It might, but I think you would still have byproducts and sugars and stuff you don't want in your tank.

Russian vodka has a hint more potato in it and a smidge of stale break from waiting in line.

Anna

LOL I should get the flavor part of my heritage is Russian. I just hated REAL vodka so much in my vapes when I tried it. Everything tasted like Vodka. Turns out I don't like that flavor so much (I think I drank too much of it.)

I also think the alcohol part is the LEAST of your worries actually. Alcohol will not harm your vape. The others stuff will, IMHO of course.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    So, I've gone ahead and added the recipes in this thread to the Random index. There weren't all that many, so I didn't see the sense of putting them in a different blog. If anyone feels strongly they should have their own separate index, let me know, and I'll take care of it.

ALSO, I was thinking it might be possible to add just a drop or two of bitters to a mix. They're made with alcohol and flavorings, and it seems to me that, in the quantities I'm considering, they wouldn't do any harm and could contribute something special to a recipe. What do you think?

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So, I've gone ahead and added the recipes in this thread to the Random index. There weren't all that many, so I didn't see the sense of putting them in a different blog. If anyone feels strongly they should have their own separate index, let me know, and I'll take care of it.

ALSO, I was thinking it might be possible to add just a drop or two of bitters to a mix. They're made with alcohol and flavorings, and it seems to me that, in the quantities I'm considering, they wouldn't do any harm and could contribute something special to a recipe. What do you think?
    I think combining the recipes is fine. Never thought of bitters.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

FLV has a back bar bitters, personally I'd just order it and know it's safe for vaping.

• Agree

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I almost certainly will, eventually, @Letitia, if only to see how it compares to the real thing. I have my doubts that it will measure up, though, and I was thinking a teeny, tiny amount of an alcohol tincture probably wouldn't do much harm to either my coils or my lungs. After all, in the liquor flavors thread, @Falconeer talks about putting a wee drop of his favorite whisky in his tanks, and he's still kicking.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    @Falconeer[/USER] talks about putting a wee drop of his favorite whisky in his tanks, and he's still kicking.[/QUOTE]

Yes still here! As a lot of you probably know, I was a comitted long term pipesmoker and collector, as well as an Admin on Pipe Forums and I actually wrote a lot about Falcon Pipes.

Now most serious pipe men have at least one tobacco jar and it's often used to store classic Navy Tobaccos which are dosed with either dark rum or whisky and used as a special treat tobacco. Like with a Christmas cake it's better if the spirit is topped up from time to time.

Knowing and having done this for many years I thought i'd experiment with something similar in vape juice and it worked ... well. I found the secret was to add a little to an experimental small batch and keep notes of how much I used until it tasted the way I want. In fact whisky in a vape juice actually renders quite a sweet taste, gin works fine but it is easy to overdo the flavour and dark rum actually tastes to me better vaped than drunk.

Talking of getting drunk - Scotland's drink/drive laws are now pretty tight - I wouldn't advise chain vaping this all day and then getting behind the wheel!

Reactions: Zazie

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2018
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread