Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You can't make a gin and tonic without lime. :D vape Train has a tonic flavor but BCF doesn't carry it. You can get it from Chef's in the UK or directly from VTA. Or, you could try the steeped INW Sparkling Wine idea.

I am working on one that I will share if it works out. FW has Tequila but I understand it is very weak, so FA Brandy might be a better booze option. Dave's (ID10-T) came up with a Margarita recipe that sounds good but I would change a couple of things about it. Dave is my favorite mixer and I base a lot of my recipes on his. The Piña Colada recipe was his and the changes I made were Dave approved. :)
    I never drank gin because it tastes like a pine tree to me. Sooooo I have no idea why I have to mix lime with a flavor I'm sure doesn't taste like a pine tree. Can't find the Sparking wine at BCF

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I am working on one that I will share if it works out. FW has Tequila but I understand it is very weak, so FA Brandy might be a better booze option. Dave's (ID10-T) came up with a Margarita recipe that sounds good but I would change a couple of things about it. Dave is my favorite mixer and I base a lot of my recipes on his. The Piña Colada recipe was his and the changes I made were Dave approved. :)
    I’ve mixed several of his which I’ve liked. I like that he’s not afraid to use some flavor but knows (obviously) where to pull back. He’s a good one to favorite!
    I would love to possibly borrow your margarita recipe as your pina colada looks amazing! I can see me ending up also vaping the ones my sister requested. It amazes me that she knows nothing about DIY what so ever and picked the hardest types to perfect. Well, hard for me with only a few months experience. I don’t mind a challenge but also know when to reach out. I thought the buttered popcorn and coffee ones would be simple. I had no idea! Thanks though! Looking forward:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I never drank gin because it tastes like a pine tree to me. Sooooo I have no idea why I have to mix lime with a flavor I'm sure doesn't taste like a pine tree. Can't find the Sparking wine at BCF

It is supposed to taste like a pine tree. Those juniper berries are like that. LOL You can get Gin and Tonic from Flavor Monks. No lime included, I don't think. Could be wrong.

BCF doesn't carry INW Sparkling Wine, but the ECX and Vapers Tek both carry it. I don't have it since I like the champagne flavors I own so cannot promise it would work anyway. FW Pink Champagne is my favorite and I like TFA's Champagne and FA's Wine Champagne too. I wish I could find a use for VTA's Blood Orange Champagne. That is one weird flavor. The boys over at Reddit call it prison wine - I wouldn't know about that. :D

Reactions: NatashaTMT

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I'll only be making one order at BullCity. What they don't have I don't need.

You certainly are more disciplined than I am. I love BCF and they have almost everything on my list BUT 30% off the flavors I can get from ECX is hard to resist. Will have to wait for morning to see what BCF has for the Memorial Day discount. I might end up placing two orders since ECX doesn't have everything I need - no VTA! BUT, if BCF's sale is good, one-stop shopping and I will do with the FA Aurora I have been wanting to try.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Did you happen to work out your margarita vape? My sister requested one, among others.

OSDIY's One Stop Flavor "Margarita" is spot on, IMO, minus the booze part of course. Maybe try the FW Tequila mentioned earlier, if it's not too weak?

OSDIY has their 20% off sale going on 24th-30th.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    OSDIY's One Stop Flavor "Margarita" is spot on, IMO, minus the booze part of course. Maybe try the FW Tequila mentioned earlier, if it's not too weak?

OSDIY has their 20% off sale going on 24th-30th.
    I should probably grab them during these sales. Thanks for sharing:) Do you have a recommended started percentage for the margarita?

Reactions: stols001

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    FA Aurora
    In your opinion, would this work in a margarita vape? I have liquid amber which also might work but idk how similar they might be as I haven’t tried yet.

But on the happy side there just isn't much I need anymore.
    Need and want are two words I have trouble with:laugh: If I want it, I'll convince myself I need it while on sale because I’ll eventually need anyway and why not grab while on sale:facepalm: Last night I was reading over Apexified’s (man with 1000 flavors) mixers spotlight interview. In reference to his enormous library of flavors... he said he wanted to make all the things, literally. I thought, that will be me if I don’t slow down! I’m realising quickly I’ll need more space soon.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have an enormous amount of flavors now. There's just not that much I need anymore after 7 years of mixing. The new flavor kick has had me out buying flavors agin but not that many. I'll be done with the small order I'm making today.Well......maybe never done but done enough for now.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I have an enormous amount of flavors now. There's just not that much I need anymore after 7 years of mixing. The new flavor kick has had me out buying flavors agin but not that many. I'll be done with the small order I'm making today.Well......maybe never done but done enough for now.
    I know my repurchase flavors will be much less. I’ve ran out of some and reordered immediately while others I’m coming close to running out but aren’t too concerned with. Idk but I’m thinking perhaps all DIY mixers go through this in finding their preferred flavors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread