Liquor Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Wonder if I can make a boosy cheesecake...LOL. Any ideas?
The one I shared PM is the only I had but I imagine it would work with other fruits also with a bit of tweaking. Kahlula cheesecake sorta sounds good to me, maybe drunken cherry cheesecake:p

Haven't done either yet, Natasha, sorry. I do have lime and a Margarita flavor. Still working out the salt (which may or may not work). I don't have gin or tonic yet, either, so I haven't even thought about that recipe yet. I do have a lime that's pretty decent.
Thanks, but no need for apology! I’ve tried a few lime combos but not perfected yet. FA lime tahity cold pressed, TFA key lime & INW lime isn’t bad but either percentages I’m using isn’t right yet or I need a different combo because it’s not quite right yet. Do you mind sharing yours?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I honestly don't have much experience with citrus. I am in no way stating Capella's is the best one. You'd probably do better with a recommendation from someone who uses citruses more than I do/have yet. I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm also in no way saying it is "the best" or even "good" as I don't have a ton to compare it to. Really. :)

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I honestly don't have much experience with citrus. I am in no way stating Capella's is the best one. You'd probably do better with a recommendation from someone who uses citruses more than I do/have yet. I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm also in no way saying it is "the best" or even "good" as I don't have a ton to compare it to. Really. :)

Anna

• Love
Reactions: stols001

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I’m going to give my opinion...... when I made my tobacco extraction using 190 proof, after letting the alcohol evaporate, you still got a hint of alcohol. I don’t see why you couldn’t take a whiskey and add vg/pg and do the same to make your own flavor.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Ok, off topic maybe? I’m a menthol vaper and I ran out of vodka to make my menthol drops, so I used tequila. I can say that the tequila does come through and it’s really good.:)
Who’s tequila?
The cheap kind that leaves you with a hangover :p
Oh!:lol: All this boozy flavors talk, I just assumed you were speaking of a flavor concentrate. Though you did say “off topic”.:laugh: Apologies!

I’m going to give my opinion...... when I made my tobacco extraction using 190 proof, after letting the alcohol evaporate, you still got a hint of alcohol. I don’t see why you couldn’t take a whiskey and add vg/pg and do the same to make your own flavor.
This is rather interesting! Could it be we make this harder than necessary? Hmm...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've added a smidge of vodka from time to time to a recipe. I didn't notice it gunking up coils, but I will say my experiments with the alcoHols ended when I tried a (cheap) cooking burgundy (I knew it was a bad idea but I still tried it). It caramelized on the coil almost instantly. The taste wasn't actually awful, but it made my entire house smell like cheap curry. That was also a tank teardown I didn't enjoy.

I think for some of the alcohols you could probably use them in small quantities for flavor, but I'd personally stay away from stuff like rum, brandy, etc. I kind of feel like using flavoring for some of them (especially the sweeter darker ones) may be best, etc.

Anna

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I've added a smidge of vodka from time to time to a recipe. I didn't notice it gunking up coils, but I will say my experiments with the alcoHols ended when I tried a (cheap) cooking burgundy (I knew it was a bad idea but I still tried it). It caramelized on the coil almost instantly. The taste wasn't actually awful, but it made my entire house smell like cheap curry. That was also a tank teardown I didn't enjoy.

I think for some of the alcohols you could probably use them in small quantities for flavor, but I'd personally stay away from stuff like rum, brandy, etc. I kind of feel like using flavoring for some of them (especially the sweeter darker ones) may be best, etc.

Anna
I agree, I wouldn’t do a sweet one for the fact of gunking up the coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread