Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Capella Flavor Percentages List

Cake Batter 14%, AP (acetyl pyrazine) 1%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg (4/5 without AP)
Caramel 15% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Cola 15%, EM 3% 5/5
Espresso, 14% EM (ethyl maltol) 2%, 3/5 at 65%VG 15mg
Fig, 18% EM 7% 2/5 at 65%VG
Guava 10-15% 5/5
Peaches & Cream 10% 5/5
Peanut Butter 15% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Strawberry 15% 5/5
Sugar Cookie 15% 5/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Sweet Tangerine 10%-15% 5/5
Vanilla Cupcake 15% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Vanilla Custard 20%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Thanks for starting this thread; I received some bottles in the mail (blueberry cinnamon crumble, coffee cake, and graham cracker) a short while ago. So far, only the graham cracker has been used in various recipes, usually at 3-5%. It's been good, but misses a certain edge I get from other crust flavors alone. I have yet to try the cinnamon crumble or coffee cake, however.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
correction, vanilla cupcake should say 20%. List is filling out nicely, keep em coming folks.

Capella Flavor Percentages List

Cake Batter 14%, AP (acetyl pyrazine) 1%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg (4/5 without AP)
Caramel 15% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Cola 15%, EM 3% 5/5
Espresso, 14% EM (ethyl maltol) 2%, 3/5 at 65%VG 15mg
Fig, 18% EM 7% 2/5 at 65%VG
Guava 10-15% 5/5
Peaches & Cream 10% 5/5
Peanut Butter 15% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Strawberry 15% 5/5
Sugar Cookie 15% 5/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Sweet Tangerine 10%-15% 5/5
Vanilla Cupcake 20% 4/5 at 65% VG 17mg
Vanilla Custard 20%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Figured out what happened. A week or so ago I dumped VG into my 48 mg nic Pg so I'd have about 24 mg nic stuff mixed then the plan was to dilute it with flavorings. I'm not very concerned about nic content. Well. I forgot I did that and cut it again with some plain VG. So too much VG and to little nic. Im going to have a lot of sweet tea vape when I'm done fixing this!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i just mixed some Horchata @ 10% last night. i will report back to let you guys know how it is. my go-to %s = 75/25 20mg.

I put together Sweet Tea at 20 % 60/40 pg/VG 24mg nic andno throat hit. I'm steeping it and will try later. Its a light flavor but I don't have the best nose some days. I'm hoping it wakes up steeping or illadd stuff, ginger maybe, to get throat hit. I'm using atty too. Hmmmmm

Oo, ginger to increase TH, eh? that souns like something id be interested in!

Doesn't a huge part of throat hit come from the nic content and pg/vg ratio?

yes, nic% is the biggest factor in TH. PG to a lesser extent, but yes PG offers more TH than VG, thats for sure. however, some flavorings can really kick it up a notch. strong citrus, like Mtn Dew or Ecto Cooler will add a noticable boost, as does cinnamon and others, like ginger apparently. :)

K-Omo

ECF Veteran
the only problem with the graduated cylinder was the vg took forever to drip out and alot of laying my head on the table to read it lol. i am by no means a master mixer that needs more than tenths of a ml. i will look into the syringes once i get more into it. i got my stuff from RTS and really just the bare min for this. only thing i regret is getting the nic in VG. PG is alot easier to work with using droppers. i go for vacation all week and wanted to mix so i could get an idea of what i like.

If you have a tractor supply or farm supply store close to you they sell single syringes or box of 5 or 6 under $4. And you can also pick up a pack of large gauge Luger lock needles too for a couple of bucks to use in your DIY. This is what I did and it made my DIY life easier.

txredxj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Kingfisher, OK
i have a couple close by and the co-op in town. should be able to get some heavy gauge long needles there. i will grind them flush so i dont cut myself lol.

vaped some of the sweet watermelon i made and its pretty good. just have a carto tank set-up i have been using alot lately. not very fond of watermelon on its own. tastes like its lacking something to make it complete but i think it would be a good flavor to mix with other flavors. doesnt have the jolly rancher flavor the other watermelon flavors i tried had. i dont know how to bring it out to a full finished flavor. if one of the other flavors i mixed has a heavy flavor i will try to mix it with the sweet watermelon. sweet dry watermelon is how i am describing it. the sweet part has a hint of cotton candy at first but melts away fast. not sure how to rate it since none of the 13 flavors i got have been rated yet.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Ok. Fixed my Sweet Tea. It's actually pretty much great except higher nic than I've been wanting to vape. Oh well. I added lemon and ginger. Quit a bit of lemon, not so much ginger. Ginger can give you a dirty socks flavor kind of or something a little to earthy anyway if you use too much. Next time I do a tea...not a sweet one I'll go the spicesy route. Constant comment with a touch of ginger. Anyway back to Cappella. I added sour to the Golden it's all it nedsbut of course Pinappe is a great mixer. Golden Pinapple is really a good flavor in my opinion. Very rich and use a lot of it, still tastes true. Over 20%

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I have been pondering a peanut butter cookie myself so its lovely to have a place to start. One of the thoughts I had was that perhaps it would benefit from just hint of some butter. I'll try yours first though but without the AP for now since I have not gotten any yet. Thank you for posting this!

Since you have not tried AP yet, I thought I would toss out my opinion for you. I just ruined a couple cake batter type mixes with AP. 2 drops in 10 ml which is 1/2%. Took it from a very vapeable mix to the kitchen sink. It took over everything. I can see where AP can work well but start out very very low when you do get to try it. I am going to dilute some of mine to 1 part AP and 2 parts PG and use it diluted like that next time. So next time I add two drops it will actually be 2/3 of one drop.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
i have a couple close by and the co-op in town. should be able to get some heavy gauge long needles there. i will grind them flush so i dont cut myself lol.

vaped some of the sweet watermelon i made and its pretty good. just have a carto tank set-up i have been using alot lately. not very fond of watermelon on its own. tastes like its lacking something to make it complete but i think it would be a good flavor to mix with other flavors. doesnt have the jolly rancher flavor the other watermelon flavors i tried had. i dont know how to bring it out to a full finished flavor. if one of the other flavors i mixed has a heavy flavor I will try to mix it with the sweet watermelon. sweet dry watermelon is how i am describing it. the sweet part has a hint of cotton candy at first but melts away fast. not sure how to rate it since none of the 13 flavors i got have been rated yet.

Hoosier says: If you want a real tasting Watermelon add a little Raspberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread