LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
Since you have not tried AP yet, I thought I would toss out my opinion for you. I just ruined a couple cake batter type mixes with AP. 2 drops in 10 ml which is 1/2%. Took it from a very vapeable mix to the kitchen sink. It took over everything. I can see where AP can work well but start out very very low when you do get to try it. I am going to dilute some of mine to 1 part AP and 2 parts PG and use it diluted like that next time. So next time I add two drops it will actually be 2/3 of one drop.

Did your AP come with 5% PG already in it?

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
Great thread. I'm addicted to these flavors.

Can anyone compare the French Vanilla to the Vanilla Custard? I'm about to place another order, I love the VC but I'm curious about FV.

I haven't tried the FV, but good news, Capella flavors were $2.97 last month after applying the half off code good through May 31. Now they are shown as marked down from $5.99 to $2.98, the way most sites do when their permanent price is the lower figure, so it appears that they have permanently reduced the price without announcing a sale. It's a good value on what used to be somewhat overpriced so I call it a deal.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I have decided that the starting flavor percentages in my latest purchase were right. However, the chocolate fudge brownie at 10% is a bit intense unless vaped at high voltage so for purposes other than dripping it is probably more accurate to say 8-10. the boston cream pie also seems better at slightly higher voltage, perhaps it is true of all chocolate flavors.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
Capella Flavor Percentages List

Blueberry- 20%
Boston Cream Pie 13%-15% 3/5
Cake Batter 14% 4/5
Caramel 15% 4/5
Chocolate Fudge Brownie 8%-10% 4/5
Cola 15%, EM 3% 5/5
Espresso, 14% EM 2% 3/5
Fig 18% EM 7% 2/5
French toast 15% 3/5
Guava 10-15% 5/5
Harvest berry- 20%
Peaches & Cream 10% 5/5
Peanut Butter 15% 5/5
Strawberry 15% 5/5
Sugar Cookie 15% 5/5
Sweet Tangerine 10%-15% 5/5
Vanilla Cupcake 20% 4/5
Vanilla Custard 20% 5/5
Watermelon 15%-20%

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Good God, you guys use Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 10%?! :blink:

I use it at 0.5%-1%, and sometimes less. From what I've tried, I'd maybe say:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie - 0.5-1%
Vanilla Custard - 1-3%
Sweet Strawberry - 3-5%
Strawberries and Cream - 2-4%
Hot Cocoa - 1-5% (depending on how you're using it, mixer, or alone)
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut - 5-8%
Graham Cracker - 1-5% (same as the Hot Cocoa)
Snick Snack - Inconclusive (I didn't really care too much for it, but I had tried it at 2.5%, so, maybe more needed?)

Is all I can remember off the top of my head :)

Edit: I appears that either I like my blends to be subtle, or you guys really like yours to be strong, lol. For the most part, I find that Capella didn't really require much to get good flavor. YMMV, of course.

I've noticed that adding EM to my juices forces me to add more flavor - and I've also noticed that virtually everyone adds EM to everything. It appears that many times folks add EM even before they start at lower percentages and try flavors without it - based on the oft-repeated advice that somehow EM is essential for a good blend.

Personally, I never use EM unless there's no other option. 'Not saying it's not needed where it's needed (nor am I criticizing) - it's just my opinion that it's not as *essential* as some report (and I'm on a serious hunt for a good-tasting non-sucralose sweetener, that doesn't have the added taste & 'flavor altering' effects of stevia & EM).

I think cyclamate may be a winner (not available in the US), but it is available in Canada. Hopefully I'll have it sourced, shipped and sampled in a few weeks.

Currently, I stick mostly to concentrated FA & TFA flavors (with a few VZ/others). I just got my first CAP yesterday (yellow cake). I've stayed away from Capella due to the reportedly high percentages needed - so I'm glad to see that it may be possible to use them.

I've learned a LOT from your posts Levitas - thanks for taking the time to share :)

I'm really looking forward to following this thread and learning more!

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I did not find a thread that kept an ongoing list of flavor percentages for Capella Flavors so I thought I would create one like the one used in the TPA flavoring thread. I did find consensus on several of the flavors I just bought in the “Capella's Ratings and Percentages” thread but I could not find a comprehensive list. I used that thread as a starting point for the flavors I was just trying. I'm sure we can cull a lot of data from that thread to add to the list. I only searched for the new flavors I had and added the flavors I had already worked with.

The minimum information for the list, which I will carry forward from time to time should be flavor name, percentage and rating 1 to 5 out of 5 with 5 being the highest rating. Feel free to make a note of additives if you can express it as a percentage. Indicating the VG content, especially if you make your liquids out of the 30% to 50% VG range, and the nicotine level is suggested as well as suggested steeping times. Please distinguish between “shelve” steeping and “active” steeping. I call it active steeping if you leave the liquid with the cap (and nipple if any) off and shake it a few times a day and shelf steeping if you just put it aside for a period of time. When you have a contribution to the list please you make a copy the list, add your flavor data alphabetically and post it. I reserve the option to edit the list's data based on my experience and consensus of other posters.

Comments such as “too strong”, “too week at maximum VG” etc., detailed reviews, recipes and chit chat are also welcome as long as it related to Capella flavors used in eliquids. I am sure there are a lot of people with more experience with Capella flavors than I have so please contribute.

Capella Flavor Percentages List

Cake Batter 14%, AP (acetyl pyrazine) 1%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg (4/5 without AP)

Espresso, 14% EM (ethyl maltol) 2%, 3/5 at 65%VG 15mg

Fig, 18% EM 7% 2/5 at 65%VG

Vanilla Custard 16%, 5/5 at 65%VG 17mg

GREAT THREAD!

Would it be possible to ask people to also post whether or not they're using EM when they list their percentages? EM cuts flavors (substantially in many cases) - and without knowing whether or not EM is added/used, there's no way to determine at what percentage the 'naked flavor' actually works at with others.

FFAD214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jacksboro, TX
Love this thread...Appreciate all the work being put into it.

If I were to combine Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Chocolate Glazed Donut and Vanilla Custard all together, what % would you suggest. Also, if I use CFB as a stand alone, what would be good to add to it to make it smoother. I find it a little harsh by itself.

~Thank you~

gummibaren

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Mesa, AZ
gummibaren, I only have the French Vanilla but I can tell you that for me, it has a very buttery taste/aroma to it. Like a butter frosting type thing and it's a rather strong flavor compared to most Capella flavors I've tried so be careful if you get it. Use in small quantities to start

Thanks a lot. I went with more Vanilla Custard.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
you may recall I posted earlier that prices on the capella website are half what they were a month ago. In addition, they have this deal going: Code: BULK47
Description: Get 20% discount on any 27 or more flavors

edited to correct the number of flavors needed to qualify for the discount. was supposed to be for 4 or more flavors.

kind of ridiculous to require that large of a purchase, maybe there is a code implementation error that company might correct if someone inquires.

Last edited:

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
The one time I mixed Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 5%, I thought I was going to gag, lol :D

I suppose we all do taste differently, and more often than not, I seem to be the oddball out with my low flavoring preferences :)

Has anyone had the Double Chocolate from Capella? If so, are you able to compare it to say, TFA Double Chocolate, or FW? And what % do you use it at?

Levitas,I havent used TFA double chocolate.but FWIW capellas double chocolate and chocolate fudge brownie tasted exactly the same to me.

I use capellas chocolate at 1-2% and for me that is more than enough.

I am now working with their NY cheesecake,its a great flavor,but still a bit off on my %..going to try 15-20% with it today.I had been at about 5% or so.and just not doing it for me.

Last edited:

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Must say I have found a flavor combination that I really like -

Capella Sweet Strawberry - 15%
Capella Pina Colada - 4%
TPA - Cotton Candy - 2%
TPA - Koolada - 0.25%

using a 65/35 -PG/VG ratio and my Nicotine at 6%

Thanks for the list of percentages on the Capella products - gave me a good idea where to start.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
What does the Vanilla Custard taste like? I was eyeballing it and went with French Vanilla instead.
Great thread. I'm addicted to these flavors.

Can anyone compare the French Vanilla to the Vanilla Custard? I'm about to place another order, I love the VC but I'm curious about FV.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
What does the Vanilla Custard taste like? I was eyeballing it and went with French Vanilla instead.

Rin, I have not tried it as a stand alone, but at 1 to 3% it is a nice addition to any mix. Gives it a nice creamy fullness with a vanilla bump. Not too much Vanilla but you can tell it is there. I've been adding it to some bakery and butterscotch mixes. Turned them from bleh to very good for my tastebuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread