LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an informative bunch posting here! Thanks for all of the good info.
As my first foray into DIY I have ordered from Capellas:
Root Beer concentrate-13g (which I think is a 30 ml bottle?)
Blueberry
Banana Split
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Green Apple
I only want the individual flavors & will not mix any together.
with the intention of mixing it in with a 50/50 PG/VG , 29 Mg nic, in 10 ml bottles.
I had thought it would be 8ml of mix and 2ml of flavor (a 20% flavoring per each), but it looks like it might be a lot less on the flavor.
And then I see that some are mixing in other liquids (AP ? -- EM for menthol flavor?).
But if I just want it to be green apple I should not have to add anything else-- do I understand that right?
I have friends who are going to share in the finished product and I want to do my best. (since I'm the retired one with time on my hands, and in need of a hobby)

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Just my two cents, but every single flavor mix I started with ended up with other flavors in it. But...many others are happy with single flavor mixes. Just let your taste buds guide you and try small batches (5 or 10ml) before going overboard. i can honestly say I have put at least 1/2 gallon of juice down the drain since stating DIY. Now that I have finally found out what flavors I crave, the waste has become very small. You'll have to go through your natural learning curve.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Just my two cents, but every single flavor mix I started with ended up with other flavors in it. But...many others are happy with single flavor mixes. Just let your taste buds guide you and try small batches (5 or 10ml) before going overboard. i can honestly say I have put at least 1/2 gallon of juice down the drain since stating DIY. Now that I have finally found out what flavors I crave, the waste has become very small. You'll have to go through your natural learning curve.

Thanks, this makes me feel better. I have a lot that needs to be dumped, hopefully in the future I won't make as many mistakes.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I have a couple of fruits I do for the boys that are one capella flavor and a drop of lemon per 5ml. You may be perfectly happy with the flavor that you get with a single flavoring. Something like banana split or danish swirl will already be a fairly complex flavor. I also suggest having a go at them with no em or sweetener first. If after testing a small batch over a couple of days you find that the flavors are not all that and a bag of chips you can always come back for suggestions.

txredxj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Kingfisher, OK
i havent found one that is solid on its own out of the ones i got, but i have found mixing and cutting them down can be fun. add some vg to get little sweetness and add some menthol to smooth harsh flavors. its by no means as good as some of the vendors but i like experimenting and maybe i will stumble on something great along the way.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Ah well, how bad could it be? B/Split should be allright, but if not sweet, is it just a matter of adding drops of a sweetner? Like I use in my glass of iced tea?

Sort of. You want to be sure that it does not have any "fillers" that might gunk up an atty. Most people buy pure sucralose (think that is the correct word) which is what is in splenda. Some people use stevia but you really have to hunt around to find one that has no fillers. Another option is Ethyl maltol (here after referred to as EM) that comes as crystal or already blended into a pg base. I've read recently that some people are wondering if EM actually mutes flavor so that is why I suggest tries without sweetener to start with. You can buy both the "sweetener" and EM from someplace like Wizard labs in a tiny bottle that should last you a rather long time.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
What an informative bunch posting here! Thanks for all of the good info.
As my first foray into DIY I have ordered from Capellas:
Root Beer concentrate-13g (which I think is a 30 ml bottle?)
Blueberry
Banana Split
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Green Apple
I only want the individual flavors & will not mix any together.
with the intention of mixing it in with a 50/50 PG/VG , 29 Mg nic, in 10 ml bottles.
I had thought it would be 8ml of mix and 2ml of flavor (a 20% flavoring per each), but it looks like it might be a lot less on the flavor.
And then I see that some are mixing in other liquids (AP ? -- EM for menthol flavor?).
But if I just want it to be green apple I should not have to add anything else-- do I understand that right?
I have friends who are going to share in the finished product and I want to do my best. (since I'm the retired one with time on my hands, and in need of a hobby)

20% is probably a bit high for most flavors, I would start at 10-15% for most non-tobacco flavors. For small batches you need the precision that syringes allow. btw, i rarely throw anything away.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Honeydew 12% (with 2% lemon juice and 1% Koolada hit the spot for my boys)
Pomegranate 12% (1 drop lemon per 5 ml and 1% koolada is "perfect" per my sons friends)

Bullhorn still needs work. 15% was to high for sure and gives it an odd after taste. It also struck me as a bit flat with only .5% lemon as well. I added a mil of VG to see if there was any hope and still flatish. Added a couple of drops of cranberry and we will see if that goes anywhere.

I've tried it txredxj but results are mixed and generally when I am "fixing" something it is after someone else has vaped an unknown quantity and brought it back so the percentage is as good as a guess. It does make things vapable sometimes but only mildly useful for repeat recipes.

ok.......... 13 g means a 13 ml bottle-not 30 like I thought.
Banana Split is good at 10%, Green Apple is still a little short even at 20% ( & I know I should not try more than that).
Root Beer at 15% started to almost be root beer,but then it got lost at 20%.
BlueBerry is barely blueberry all the way from 5% to 20%--never got any better.
Cinnamon Danish Swirl got good at 15%.
Still making only small amounts until I can get it better.
All of this was from capellas'. Maybe i will try the "apprentice" next time and even seedmans to vape some USA reds type of tobacco.
Thanks for all of the input. :):)

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
pick up another capellas flavor. There were a few things i wanted from ecx so i figured i might as well see what capellas they had even though they charge a little more than the cappellas site now does. I wanted to get some more sugar cookie because i love it so much it has become my ADV either straight or with other flavors especially capellas peanut butter. unfortunately they were sold out of SC but being in the S part of the list i noticed Sweet Tea. I have been making my own sweet tea with tpa black tea and sweetener, which was O.K. but not quite what i was going for. I'm going to start at 8% but i will try to push it as far as possible. If i get it where i want i'll call it diabetic coma---well maybe not, nothing funny about diabetes. any other name ideas?

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
pick up another capellas flavor. There were a few things i wanted from ecx so i figured i might as well see what capellas they had even though they charge a little more than the cappellas site now does. I wanted to get some more sugar cookie because i love it so much it has become my ADV either straight or with other flavors especially capellas peanut butter. unfortunately they were sold out of SC but being in the S part of the list i noticed Sweet Tea. I have been making my own sweet tea with tpa black tea and sweetener, which was O.K. but not quite what i was going for. I'm going to start at 8% but i will try to push it as far as possible. If i get it where i want i'll call it diabetic coma---well maybe not, nothing funny about diabetes. any other name ideas?

I don't know how you can vape the TFA Black Tea I found it lacking TEA FLAVOR

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I don't know how you can vape the TFA Black Tea I found it lacking TEA FLAVOR

lol, i never was satisfied with it, i tried it a few different ways and settled on 13% with 8% water and 2% EM. It benefits a little from steeping. i never vaped it straight and always mixed it, it was not bad in my citrus mint tea recipe which is a favorite of one of my friends.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
i finished off my sugar cookie and peanut butter i bought at the same time, good stuff. I just got around to making my second batch of chocolate fudge brownie and still have a lot of it left. I have never been a big fan of vaping chocolate, although I have tried more few of them. CFB had such high acclaim i felt i had to give it a try.

my first batch was at 10%. i thought it was not bad but a bit off. i still gave it a good rating in the list, in part because i am not a chocolate vape afficianado, so what do i know? It didn't get any better with steeping either.

I was in no hurry to do a second batch but finally got around to it. this batch, at 17mg, 70%VG, is a lot more vapeable to me.

chocolate fudge brownie 7%
AP 1.5%
Sweetener 3%

Last edited:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I've heard some much good thing about the Sweet Strawberry but i can't get any flavor out of it even at 20% flavoring with 50/50PGVG.
Thought it would be a pretty easy stand alone flavor.
Am i missing something here or did i get a bad batch?

Appreciate if someone can help.

If it's an old batch you're probably experiencing flavor fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread