Status
Not open for further replies.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
My Sweet Strawberry directly from CA is about 2 months old (stored in fridge) and I find it potent at 10%. I pretty much do everything CA at 15% except for that one, Horchata at 10%, and Brownie at 8%. Occasionally I'll do 20% with Custard and 20% with Coconut for juice that I don't plan to run through my gennies.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I just got started a month ago, and I'm still going through all my flavors and making single flavor recipes just to get a sense of what each one tastes like by itself, and what percentage is best for each. I have a spreadsheet where I am making notes on each one. I have tried 3 Capella flavors so far. Since the usual recommendation is 10-20%, I make a 10% and a 20%, vape a clearomizer of each, then mix them together to see what 15% is like.

So far I have tried: (70/30 pg/vg @ 18mg/ml nic)

Chocolate Fudge Brownie:
10% - Very weak. A little alcohol smell, taste.
15% - OK taste, no alcohol detected
20% - No flavor, stings throat

Sweet Cucumber:
All three % could not taste much of a difference, they just got slightly stronger at each %, but LOVED it. A nice light clean fresh taste all by itself that I think will also make a nice mixer for lots of things later that need some freshening or brightening up.

Sweet Tangerine:
I did not do the 3 different %'s on this, since all over the boards everyone raves about it a 15%. I made it last night, and YUCK - bitter taste like a children's aspirin. Added a couple drops of Smooth and it's better so I will finish the 5ml I made, but will go back to my method of two percentages trying it at 5% and 10% and then combining for a 7.5%

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
How long does Sweet Tea need to steep?

I just got it today and all I am tasting is bitter sweetness; no "tea" flavor at all.

I am a huge tea drinker and sadly my sweet tea vape itch remains unscratched.

I mixed it at 8%, 50/50, 12mg.

I tried adding 1% Koolada which helped a little.

i started lower but ended up at 17% with 8% water. it brings out the tea flavor a little more while keeping the sweetness. i get more lemon taste than tea, which is not bad but if i want lemon i would add lemon

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
i started lower but ended up at 17% with 8% water. it brings out the tea flavor a little more while keeping the sweetness. i get more lemon taste than tea, which is not bad but if i want lemon i would add lemon

What is the purpose of adding water?

I thought it was just to thin juice out but I am seeing it A LOT.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
Not sure what to tell you on that CFB, pamdis. I vape at least a couple of ml's of it straight at 8% every day and absolutely love it. Very rich flavor, never got any alcohol taste or smell even when fresh. Did you get your flavoring straight from Capella?

No, got it from egicexpress. I am going to try it again at lower percentages, 5, 7, 8 maybe? I love chocolate, so I'm not giving up yet. Funny thing is that I got a strong alcohol scent right upon opening it. So I let the mix steep for a couple days with the top off so it could evaporate, and it never did. Even after a month, it was still there. And I would have thought that using more flavoring would make it worse, but it seemed to go away at the higher percentages. Of course, this was the very first flavor I mixed as DIY, so maybe I just messed it up because it was my first.

i thought the cfb was a bit fruity, sort of like cherry at 10% but i like it fine at 7% with some AP. sometimes less is more. cucumber is an interesting choice pamdis, what are you thinking of mixing it with? cream cheese maybe?

Actually not sure yet. Was thinking that some people talk about adding lemon juice to make a fruit flavor pop, maybe the cucumber would do the same? Maybe I should add it to the tangerine I didn't like to take the harshness away? As a last resort I may add it to my chocolate if I can't make it work any other way, just to see what happens :)

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Got some capella maple syrup... tried it as is 5% .... disgusting
then tried only 1 single drop in 12% peanut butter. It completely masked the peanut butter.
Is there a recipe with maple syrup?
Or is there a way to dilute it?

Forgot to mention: made only 10ml of juice.

I've tried 1% maple syrup with 15% French Toast, and the result was rich, but nice.
Less may do just as well, especially if you do not want it to overpower.

Fusselkater

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Germany
I'm also really surprised/shocked(?) about the amounts of flavor you guys add.
I tried 8% of Vanilla Custard and it's way too high already. But someone is vaping it at 20%???

4% + 3-4 days waiting is probably plenty for me.

I only see these high amounts on English forums. Over here in Germany it's usually in the 1-5% range. Just some weak flavors need more.
What is wrong with your taste buds? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread