The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

List of MP's and PM candidates. Please find yours and contact them asap

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by IanK1968, Apr 4, 2011.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. IanK1968

IanK1968 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    The more noise we make the more we will be heard. Here is the website that lists all the MPP's in Canada.

Members of Parliament <~~~~~ click that for the list of MP's

PM Candidates

Hon. Michael Ignatieff

Constituency Offices
    365 Evans Avenue Suite 601 Toronto, Ontario M8Z 1K2
    Telephone: (416) 251-5510 Fax: (416) 251-2845

EMail: Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca Web Site:* www.michaelignatieff.ca/en/

Right Hon. Stephen Harper

Constituency Office
    1600 - 90th Avenue SW, Suite A-203 Calgary, Alberta T2V 5A8
    Telephone: (403) 253-7990 Fax: (403) 253-8203EMail: Harper.S@parl.gc.ca Web Site:* www.pm.gc.ca/

Hon. Jack Layton

Constituency Office
    221 Broadview Avenue , Suite 100 (Main Office) Toronto, Ontario M4M 2G3
    Telephone: (416) 405-8914 Fax: (416) 405-8918
    EMail: Layton.J@parl.gc.ca Web Site:* www.npd.ca/jacklayton

Elizabeth May Green Party

Ottawa Office: 1-866-868-3447
    EMail:
    leader@greenparty.ca
    Web Site:* www.greenparty.ca

2. lickwid

lickwid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Milton, Ontario
  3. IanK1968

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
  4. Dondlelinger

Dondlelinger Full Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Boonies
    I understand what your doing but, as i stated before, not much will change unless we can remove the PC's for government.

- thats my 2 cents anyways.

5. smokum

smokum Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Ok, so your anti PC.. we get it ! Want my 2 cents ?....... They're ALL garbage, self serving, liars & theives...... and it won't make a difference who is elected in this crooked greedy society when THEIR (meaning whoever), turn in the spotlight will come to prove that THEY are the new cakeholes that need to be ousted.

6. muleygirl

muleygirl Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    You nailed it right on the head. They are all the same they just wear a different suit.

7. Dondlelinger

Dondlelinger Full Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Boonies
    Sure, I'm not saying your wrong there but,a change could actually benefit this particular situation, is what i am saying.

8. Pipeous

Pipeous Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    we need the green party... someone not in the tri factor. or the ......... party would be.... umm where did I put those cookies

9. Lil-Stewie

Lil-Stewie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    London Ontario Canada
    Some MP's of all stripes are genuine people that work hard and do the job they have been elected to do well. Too the food and drugs act as it is currently written wasn't written by one political party only, ok it's mostly liberal BUT the other sides said ok to many of the amendments over the years. For the most part, other than pee'ing in our raisin bran, the food and drugs act has worked ok for us I think so if we can get the support of some MP's no matter what flag it is they fly we will get through this. Remember that in a minority government situation any amendment to any federal law will require the support of more than just the ruling party .. it looks like we are headed for another minority government too IMO.

-----

BTW what is it we all want?

Do we want an amendment to the food and drugs act?

Do we want our e-cigs not to be considered a drug delivery device? (HC current position)

Do we want our e-cigs controlled and taxed as a tobacco product?

Fixing our situation requires that we have a specific target to dial in on too :)

10. IanK1968

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    well if they want to keep it as a drug delivery device, then give authority for our doctors to be able to write us a presciption for 18mg juice, 30ml a week.

If it moves to a Tobacco Product, juice will probably cost $80 for 15ml $70 of that is tax but the suppliers can keep on selling like JC, Vapables, or whoever.

I like the Tobacco product, that way the little guys can stay in business and earn a real living, If it becomes a prescription drug, Big Pharma and all their shareholders make all the money.

11. Nemoski

Nemoski Full Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Didsbury, Alberta
    I sent a letter =D

12. NoizMaker

NoizMaker Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    Written, sent and double sent.

13. Nascar_Perry

Nascar_Perry Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    I just sent an email to:

The Prime Minister

My current MP (Liberal)
    My Candidate MP (Conservative)

I'll inform you all of the responses I get

14. lickwid

lickwid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Milton, Ontario
    Response:

"Dear Real Name,

On behalf of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, I would like to thank you for your e-mail, in which you raised an issue which falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health. The Prime Minister always appreciates receiving mail on subjects of importance to Canadians.

Please be assured that the statements you made have been carefully reviewed. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Aglukkaq so that she too may be made aware of your comments. I am certain that the Minister will give your views every consideration. For more information on the Government's initiatives, you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's Web site, at www.pm.gc.ca."

15. JayTheVapingGuy

JayTheVapingGuy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    thats a hell of a lot more than what i got... pissed... s'ok... resent the email, only this time i added all the media email contacts that i could get my hands on.

16. IanK1968

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    I got nothing too. Maybe they only reply to penguins lol

17. Dondlelinger

Dondlelinger Full Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Boonies
  18. Nemoski

Nemoski Full Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Didsbury, Alberta
    i got a respose to my letter that it was Forwarded to Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health well see if i get anyhting els back =S

Edit: this is the full msg i got back

Dear Mr. _______:

On behalf of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, I would like to thank you for your e-mail, in which you raised an issue which falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health. The Prime Minister always appreciates receiving mail on subjects of importance to Canadians.

Please be assured that the statements you made have been carefully reviewed. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Aglukkaq so that she too may be made aware of your comments. I am certain that the Minister will give your views every consideration. For more information on the Government's initiatives, you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's Web site, at www.pm.gc.ca.

19. Dondlelinger

Dondlelinger Full Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Boonies
  20. Mike..P

Mike..P Full Member

Feb 26, 2011
    GTA
    Ha ha . I got the same exact reply :(