List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I didn't know where to post this so if it is in the wrong place please move to the appropriate forum.

As you all know age verification is being required on a lot of site already. There will be more to come. [Removed at OPs request] I went to ecig.com and went through checkout and got a page that said my order was accepted. Then another page popped up saying I needed to send them a photo ID. They took my money but held my order until I sent a pic photo ID/driver's license. There's no way in hell that I'm going to do that and risk identity theft. I called and cancelled my order and told them to refund my money.

What ...... me off as much as requiring a photo id was the fact that I wasted so much time shopping and checking out just to find out I couldn't shop with them. So I'm starting this thread in the hopes that others will post their experience with online vendors age verification, if any, so we don't waste time shopping with them if their requirements are unacceptable to us.

Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

Vendor Age Verification Procedure List

Last edited by a moderator:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Sweet-Vapes is using BlueCheck. You'll see this before shopping- not after.

BlueCheck_Sweet-Vape.png

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was going to place an order with Hoosierecig and during the finalizing of the order (had put in all my info except CC info) a box popped up to verify my age. When it got to the point of asking for my cell number so it could text me the verification code I backed out of the whole mess. If I had been given the option of receiving it by email I would have completed the purchase. I refuse to put my cell number out there. I know there are ways around that now by getting a google cell number but there is nothing I need bad enough to let them make me jump through hoops to buy their product.

edited to add: I should have said I won't jump to the verification companies hoops. I do feel for the vendors that are having to go through this with us. I am feeling their pain too. It can't be easy for them :(

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I refuse to put my cell number out there. I know there are ways around that now by getting a google cell number but there is nothing I need bad enough to let them make me jump through hoops to buy their product.

I agree completely. Thanks for posting.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I received an order today from My Vapor Store. The tracking said adult signature required. When I picked it up (PO Box delivery) they did ask for a signature but not age verification.

The clerk would have probably been embarrassed to ask my old gray haired self for any ID.

I know it probably wouldn't work for everybody but this is the best kind of age verification for me. Sign for the package and go on my way.

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread