Lite weight, Compact box mod with good battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Hi, i am looking for mod that is compact , fairly powerful, (around 100w) and foremost has a good batery life.

I own a rx 200 which i love and since owning it ive cut my cigarette habbit by half, but I dont carry it out with me as its just to big and heavy for everyday use for me and this is why i still smoke.. It's great for chillig at home and blowing clouds. I have a tennacy of using my left pocket, and i dont want to risk dropping on top of my 600 quid phone in my pocket .

Do you have any recommendations on something smaller, preferably a box mod ?
Something like the inokin cool fire maybe.
Also if you have a cool fire ,share your thoughts? just worried about battery life on the inokins is not supposed to be good and as this will be my daily one that's a priority for me.

Thanks for the help.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a CF4 18650. Nice single battery mod. 75W, and replaceable battery (I hate built in). Not a high power mod for 75W all day. There's the 2 battery Alien (have it, very small for 2 batteries), the new Predator from Wismec (new to market so who knows) or maybe a Smoant Battlestar (supposed to be a very solid, rugged build). Those last 3 are all listed as "200W" mods, but me, I wouldn't run 200W with only 2 batteries in a mod, but that's just me and my safety comfort level. All three 2 battery mods are fine for the 100W range your're talking about.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I am confining my comments to mods using 18650 batteries.

Based on your info, I would confine my search to dual 18650 mods unless your are staying under 30 watts or so which it doesn't sound like. I am not familiar with the cool fire, but out of the 6 dual 18650 mods I do have, the Alien is used the most. It will run pretty much any atty I use and has great battery life. I would suggest should you go with the Alien, pick up the Big Baby tank for it as well. Less frequent filling then a Baby Beast and since you like blowing clouds, you should be quite happy with that.

If size is a primary concern, you really want small more then battery life, I just picked up the Baby Alien (AL85). It's a single 18650 mod (mini Alien) that works nicely with Baby Beast and Big Baby, but at less battery life obviously.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
new Predator from Wismec (new to market so who knows) or maybe a Smoant Battlestar (supposed to be a very solid, rugged build). Those last 3 are all
I have a CF4 18650. Nice single battery mod. 75W, and replaceable battery (I hate built in). Not a high power mod for 75W all day.

I have looked into the cf4, i never knew it had a removable battery, i am thinking of getting it.

Do you think 75w mod is more than fine for mouth to lung ? I have a rx if i want to blow a few clouds afterall lol

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
I am confining my comments to mods using 18650 batteries.

Based on your info, I would confi
ne my search to dual 18650 mods unless your are staying under 30 watts or so which it doesn't sound like. I am not familiar with the cool fire, but out of the 6 dual 18650 mods I do have, the Alien is used the most. It will run pretty much any atty I use and has great battery life. I would suggest should you go with the Alien, pick up the Big Baby tank for it as well. Less frequent filling then a Baby Beast and since you like blowing clouds, you should be quite happy with that.

Thanks im watching some reviews on rhe alien as we speak . As this is my daily device lower power mods should be fine as ill be doing mouth to lung . But its still always nice to be able to blow a cloud wherever or wherever lol
yeah ill check that tank out.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
new Predator from Wismec (new to market so who knows) or maybe a Smoant Battlestar (supposed to be a very solid, rugged build). Those last 3 are all

I have looked into the cf4, i never knew it had a removable battery, i am thinking of getting it.

Do you think 75w mod is more than fine for mouth to lung ? I have a rx if i want to blow a few clouds afterall lol

There are several CF 4s'. Really. There's an older 40W CF4, the 75W replaceable battery CF4 I have, and a 100W CF4 with a built in battery. Order carefully.;)

A 75W mod is more than sufficient for mtl, which is usally under 15W. Even if you're just going with a lower subohm restricted DL sort of build you can be fine at 30-35W. It's still more than enough. The advantage to a multibattery mod is not only higher power, but longer run time, and that becomes an issue as the power used starts creeping up. No doubt a small single battery mod is also a lot easier to carry around when you're out and about.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have a bunch of dual 18650 mods, 3 battery mods, dual 26650 mod. The lightest I think of them all is the Hohm Wrecker G2. It is a bit taller than most of my other mods, but is mostly aluminum. It is significantly lighter than all my other stuff. Great battery life, and a bunch of features i don't use, it does a fine job for me. I mostly vape a dual 26 gauge, .5 ohm build, at 55-60 watts. small but heavy is the therion dna 75 watt. Dual parallel battery config. Looks awesome but it is very heavy. Many don't like the DNA 75 chip, but the dual battery lets it hit strong at 50-60 watts through the entire charge cycle. I love this mod so much I bought 2 more.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks all iv
e looked at everymod mentioned and im deciding between the pico and the aspire acon.

to less the confusion with the op 75w will be fine as ill be using it mouth to lung .

so just deciding between the smaller single battery pico mod that I will need to carry a battery with spare , or the dual aspire that is still pretty small hopefully wont .

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
I love my Vaporesso The biggest thing for me is the small form factor. I'm out & about all day for work. Also, it took me 8 months of vaping to quit smoking. Vape On! ;)

thanks man, Yeah i still think its hard for new vapers who come into vaping to stop smoking , everyone just goes onabout power and also its hard getting the right quit setup, juice ,coil etc. The vapresso is a really well rated device i might pick it up.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread