LiteCigUSA penstyle....first day thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
Let me start off by saying the only e-cigarette I've ever tried is a DSE901, which I've had mixed emotions about. When everything is working properly it's a great little smoke, but I've had lots of problems with the batteries and very inconsistent vapor, so I was looking for something new to try.

I read in posts on this forum that LiteCigUSA carries the JOYE302 penstyle, and that's the model I decided I wanted. So I was quite disappointed today when I opened my package and discovered he now sells KR108's (same as electroniccigarettesales).
I was happy with Shawns service however. When I placed my order, he was out of stock on pen kits, so I just odered the individual parts (2 batteries, 2 atomizers, a charger, and a 5-pack of empty carts ). This was more expensive than ordering a kit would have been even without the extra atomizer, but I was too impatient to wait for them to be back in stock. So when I opened everything up today, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I recieved a full kit, plus an extra battery and the extra atomizer I ordered. This also gave me the 5 catridges that come with the kit in addition to the five I ordered.
So as opposed to just returning it because it's not the model I wanted, I was happy enough with the service to give it a try. I put one of the batteries on the charger, but of course had no patience to wait that long to try it, so I checked to see if there was already any charge on the other batteries, and there was. So I filled up a cart, and was surprised to see just how much bigger they are than the 901 carts. Definitly needed my syringe to fill it up. I knew they would be bigger, but I hadn't realized just how much. I got the titanium and it's very nice looking. Based on how it looks and feels it seems like it's a little better quality than my 901. Took my first hit, and was quite pleased to find that it has a much easier draw than my 901, and I prefered the feel of the mouthpeice. Vapor was just as good as my 901 at it's best. I'm hoping it will be even better with a properly charged battery though.

I'd say so far, so good. I'll update when I've used it enough to know how long the batteries last and such. I definitly think I'm going to prefer pens in general even if this particular model doesn't pan out.

I didn't like the juice I received though. You can read about that in the juice review forum.

Happy vaping!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Good question--My original atomizer lasted almost 4 weeks on my penstyle. My replacments only last 2 to 3 weeks. So is the kit version better some how? I doubt they have a different assembly line but then again the replacments may come from a different manufacture. You just never know unless you are in the loop. And to add to that, I made a lot of mistakes when I first started (overfilled e-liquid, did not blow it out at night, vaped it too hot, etc) but that first one is the one that lasted the longest!!!:(

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I wonder if replacement parts are sometimes other people's returns :confused:. I wouldn't be very happy if thats the case.

I do find it suspect that some of my replacement parts come sealed in plastic (batteries and atomizers) and most are opened--so again Erica, another good observation--only the powers to be know but I would hope all is on the up and up. I think Puresmoker is totally on the up and up as he has so much business he does not need to be fooling around and his communication and shipping times can not be matched. Of course there are many good Supplies, but I have had nothing but good experiences with puresmoker.com

Erica

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
Have you gotten sealed parts from Puresmoker? All of my 901 stuff was from them, and nothing was ever sealed except for cartridges...parts were just wrapped in bubble wrap with tape wrapped around it.

Edited to add: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Puresmoker!!! I realized that may have come across as an accusation, when it's absolutly not intended to be.

Last edited:

Erica

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
Ok...this thread has gotten off track. Back to my pen....

Just took my battery off the charger and a fully charged battery with my good atomizer, I got some VERY nice vapor. Will definitly have to exchange my other atomizer though. It's definitly not cutting it.

I've also noticed something very interesting today. I've been vaping 24mg originally and then moved up to 36mg liquid on my 901, and I never got a nictine buzz off of it. If I overdid it I would just get a headache. However with this pen, I've been vaping 24mg liquid and I am buzzing! I like it :D! I wonder why that is???

Erica

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
I might just be talking to myself here, lol, but thought I would add that my wimpy atomizer seems to be doing better today. Maybe it just needed a little breaking in. Downside...I'm not as impressed with battery life as I thought I would be. I only got around 5 hours on a fully charged battery. Which isn't exactly bad, but I got more off of my 901 batteries when they were brand new. If they continued to have that much life in the future it would be ok, but assuming they drop (which I'm sure they will) they'll be no longer lasting than my 901. Another positive note though...I haven't had any of the erratic behavior my 901 batteries often troubled me with.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
By "fully charged" do you mean 4 hours, or just until the LED turned green? Most of these chargers turn green after only an hour to an hour and a half. At that point it's only about 70% charged.

In any case, a 901 battery isn't that far behind penstyles in runtime. I get 80-90 5-second puffs off a brand new 901 battery. A penstyle is typically 100 or so. Of course it can depend on the manufacturer.

It is a shame though that Shawn switched to the KR's. I never liked them as much as the Joye-302, even though they perform very similarly. I have had more problems with cartridges not wicking with them, though, than other penstyles, and I find the LEDs look a bit dim. Small quibbles, but that's what preferences are made of.

Last edited:

Erica

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
It was charged for 8 hours. I guess I was just expecting a bit more of a difference than 10 to 20 puffs more. Oh well, it not a major complaint. My biggest issue with my 901 wasn't the battery life...I just seemed to have really bad luck with them and almost every one I've had acted crazy. They would blink constantly and shut off, and they would not come back on after any amount of time. They had to be unscrewed and then put back on to get a couple more puffs before it would do it again. Others would stay on and burn up the atomizer if I didn't unscrew them immediatly. And this happened constantly, not an occasional cleaning cycle. The whopping 2 out of 7 or so good ones I've had are nice though, lol. My 901 USB passthrough from PureSmoker was a Godsend! So as long as these pen batteries don't act like that, I'm not gonna compain too much.

Just wish he still carried the JOYE302 though. I really wanted to try that one, and I don't think anyone else sells generics of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread