Lithuania is joining too with 'banfest' - flavour ban is incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
Šiauliai
After seeing devastating news all over the world (India, USA), Lithuania's government is stubborn enough to kill everything I loved about e-cigarettes with a click of a button. Boom.
From 2020 onwards (ban is still pending though, but read below, you'll get your answer, knowing how my government blindly accepts ridiculous bans and such), shops won't carry e-liquids with anything other than bare bones tobacco flavored ones. It would be a miracle if one of the guys who came up with this stupid idea would make his mind.
It's devastating... Even our biggest vape shops couldn't do anything at the meeting, their remarks and talks were all ignored.
Funny enough, CEO of Philip Morris Lithuania actually said something about competition and started laughing afterwards. Soon after he was asked to leave the meeting. That's saying everything I wanted to know. BIG tobacco IS PAYING.
I'm like sitting at vape shop, reading these news. My hands are shaking.

EDIT: I'm adding one of the articles on this exact matter. Just translate it to English and you should understand 95% of the article without issue.

E.cigarečių pardavėjai kilo į mūšį dėl išgyvenimo – protestuoja prieš M.Majausko pataisą

Last edited:

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
Šiauliai
Let Us Pray.............................................for some Politicians with a mind of their and that can read between the lines of the BS Media

Money made them blind obviously.
Everything started from that THC bullcrap and the trend started right from there.
Let's still hope that something changes soon. For the better.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That sucks! I have my fingers crossed so hard Indiana doesn’t follow the trend.
The current rumors are that the flavoring ban has more to do with tobacco bonds than it does with science. If Indiana isn’t one of the highly leveraged states there’s a reasonable chance you’re safe. Also it’s still early days.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
After seeing devastating news all over the world (India, USA), Lithuania's government is stubborn enough to kill everything I loved about e-cigarettes with a click of a button. Boom.
From 2020 onwards (ban is still pending though, but read below, you'll get your answer, knowing how my government blindly accepts ridiculous bans and such), shops won't carry e-liquids with anything other than bare bones tobacco flavored ones. It would be a miracle if one of the guys who came up with this stupid idea would make his mind.
It's devastating... Even our biggest vape shops couldn't do anything at the meeting, their remarks and talks were all ignored.
Funny enough, CEO of Philip Morris Lithuania actually said something about competition and started laughing afterwards. Soon after he was asked to leave the meeting. That's saying everything I wanted to know. BIG TOBACCO IS PAYING.
I'm like sitting at vape shop, reading these news. My hands are shaking.

EDIT: I'm adding one of the articles on this exact matter. Just translate it to English and you should understand 95% of the article without issue.

E.cigarečių pardavėjai kilo į mūšį dėl išgyvenimo – protestuoja prieš M.Majausko pataisą
there is some evidence that the whole ecig flavor ban in the US isn’t about science or public health at all, but about state bonds. I know nothing about Lithuanian politics or economics. There might be a reason there though.

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
Šiauliai
there is some evidence that the whole ecig flavor ban in the US isn’t about science or public health at all, but about state bonds. I know nothing about Lithuanian politics or economics. There might be a reason there though.

Trust me, better not to know anything about my country's politics.
Most of the points are straight about children buying anything that's nicotine related. I'm sure that's a problem everywhere, but why others, who are way in their full age have to suffer. Sure it's somewhat harmful, vaping that is, but if I'm happy to do that, why anybody have to bother about it?
In all of seriousness, it's sad that everything is going this exact route.
Actually in my country a company where I work was the first to encourage vaping restriction to underage persons.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Trust me, better not to know anything about my country's politics.
rofl. That seems pretty applicable to just about every country in every time period
Most of the points are straight about children buying anything that's nicotine related. I'm sure that's a problem everywhere, but why others, who are way in their full age have to suffer. Sure it's somewhat harmful, vaping that is, but if I'm happy to do that, why anybody have to bother about it?
In all of seriousness, it's sad that everything is going this exact route.
Actually in my country a company where I work was the first to encourage vaping restriction to underage persons.
My suspicion is that there is a reason. If it is ACTUALLY health even a short quick look at the real science shoots that dead. There are numerous “studies” but what is important is the details of them, how large they are, and who paid for them.
A lot of them are obfuscated marketing.
The CDC stuff isn’t actually out yet but the limited stuff revealed says it’s at least mostly people putting rather dangerous home brew ...things other than nicotine... into them.

My suspicion is it’s something else. No idea what else.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
This is seeming more and more that they had all this planned, just looking for the first opportunity to execute it. Then all the hospitalizations from the black market tainted THC cartridges, that had 0 to do with nicotine vaping, and they jumped all over it. Can't let such an opportunity go to waste and they didn't. Few would have so easily accepted the draconian measures being used without all the conflated BS. I more than smell a rat. This approach has been used successfully many times before. Just think about it.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Ugh... Shepherd Smith on FOX is talking about vaping now.

Apparently a lot of JUUL lobbyists in D.C. right now. And SS is STILL conflating the hospitalizations with flavored nicotine e-liquid, instead of freaking blackmarket tainted freaking THC pods.

This turned out to be a good segment. Judge Napolitano was on it and both SS and Judge were saying that it wasn't ban time, it was study time. Napolitano said he thought the ban in the 2 states would be toppled, because they had no scientific proof of their claims.

This was actually very good. SS pointing out how many people had died from smoking combustible cigarettes. Very good, indeed. We need more like this. They both said it was long from over.

Note: Sorry this was off-topic. I just slapped it down in the thread I was in.

Last edited:

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Can we file a class action suit against these parents, for being bad parents and for the collective damages for all of the bankruptcies and loss of income from all of our vape shops, as well as medical expenses and wrongful deaths that will inevitably occur as some are not prepared for this and return to smoking?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Funny enough, CEO of Philip Morris Lithuania actually said something about competition and started laughing afterwards. Soon after he was asked to leave the meeting. That's saying everything I wanted to know.
This is the most damning part.

HOWEVER: The translation is confusing, as it kind of reads in English like the PM guy was defending flavorings.

Google Translate

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it's a simple matter of countries blindly doing what the USA is doing as if it will somehow "improve their freedoms" or "make their country rich" or just "Well, if the US is doing it, we should too."

Maybe the warheads have something to do with it but I believe most of it is BLIND LEMMING stupidity.

I also know I can place my 100% faith in France to like, rename vapes "Freedom Vapes" and make vaping a flavor mandatory once a day, and kids over 15 can try it in their homes, risk free.

If there is one thing I trust, is that I KNOW that France will never, ever follow the US blindly. That, and they can out insult the USA by a country mile.

If France were an Island it could be our vape Island.

I sort of vote for the Falkland's though-- more hotly contested.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: ScottP

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think it's a simple matter of countries blindly doing what the USA is doing as if it will somehow "improve their freedoms" or "make their country rich" or just "Well, if the US is doing it, we should too."

Maybe the warheads have something to do with it but I believe most of it is BLIND LEMMING stupidity.

I also know I can place my 100% faith in France to like, rename vapes "Freedom Vapes" and make vaping a flavor mandatory once a day, and kids over 15 can try it in their homes, risk free.

If there is one thing I trust, is that I KNOW that France will never, ever follow the US blindly. That, and they can out insult the USA by a country mile.

If France were an Island it could be our vape Island.

I sort of vote for the Falkland's though-- more hotly contested.

Anna
I agree about the blind lemming stuff. It did used to be that way. The US used to have the best health system in the world, did the most advanced science in the world, had the best quality of life in the world, etc.. then the 80’s and Rupert Murdoch happened. Not that way any more.

• Agree

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

When it comes to smaller countries, it may just be them following the US lead based on them believing the misinformation. In other words they hear that the US is going to ban flavors "to save the kids", and decide they should "save their kids" too without doing any research themselves or checking facts.

Edit: I should have kept reading before responding. Stols already said basically the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread