Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I'm aware of that, stewster, and have been rushing to edit it (several times). I'll do what I can to continue to update the list and post it in future posts. Thank you hon for the reminder.

You're welcome, I forget about it sometimes.

I believe it's just ECF's software limitations, oplholik. I'd love it if I could continue to update the first post....... sigh.

No, it's a choice by the administration.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A friend of mine picked up an egrip recently and I got to play with it Friday night. I have to say, it's a nice little device. I'm tempted to pick one up in a couple of months for warm weather carry.

Anyhow, this seems to be a good thread to post a side by side pick of it vs my sigelei 100+ and Lemo drop. It vapes nicely on the factory coil. I bet it's excellent with the rebuildable base.

B56E917F-13DA-4484-86C0-BEA562035309_zpsclnxqbzn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
Don't know if someone else has noticed but it's seems the "pass through" option is gone from a new and upcoming models. Only Cloupor mini has this future still listed.

You're right! Surely it's an oversight. On Eleaf's site the mini doesn't say pass through either. Can anyone with a mini confirm one way or the other--- Katdarling?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You're right! Surely it's an oversight. On Eleaf's site the mini doesn't say pass through either. Can anyone with a mini confirm one way or the other--- Katdarling?

Re-konfirmed, shackster. It passes thru.

Here are a couple of pictures of my collection so far.

a69b5e30a25ef6f4340f9d38f936809f.jpg

47c4de4c1a512e8adde9689f57f2886e.jpg

193b4ed37bcaea87bcf1b3eb3723c3fb.jpg

Great pics and a lovely collection (so far), Msand! Keep 'em comin'. :)

I would love a slightly dinkier tank for my Mini 'Stick, but so far, this pleases.

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
Re-konfirmed, shackster. It passes thru.

The 30w does also-- got a reply on Youtube from Vapor Trail Channel
"Yes...just tested and you can vape while charging. I personally prefer not to do that as it's really not a great idea to have something that could possibly malfunction and blow up in your face, but it can be done."

Do you technical folks agree that using the iStick in pass through is dangerous? I use mine like that alot-- should I be wearing protective equipment ?!

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
The 30w does also-- got a reply on Youtube from Vapor Trail Channel
"Yes...just tested and you can vape while charging. I personally prefer not to do that as it's really not a great idea to have something that could possibly malfunction and blow up in your face, but it can be done."

Do you technical folks agree that using the iStick in pass through is dangerous? I use mine like that alot-- should I be wearing protective equipment ?!
It shouldn't be a problem because while it's charging, it's only 'trickling' (low voltage). I've used my ipod while charging and I never once had a pair of goggles on and it sounded good. :laugh:

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Someone mentioned or asked if the mini iStick was a pass through. Technically it isn't, but it will work (it works the same as an Ipod). If you don't have an initial charge on it, it will have a hard time, but yes, it can be used as a passthrough. :)

I'm not sure, so don't quote me (I mean, really. Don't quote me. :D), but it seems to me that the only true pass thru mods are (becoming) a thing of the past. Don't all our USB ported devices such as the 'Stick, the Darwin, the iTaste VV (as examples) function in the same way? Yes, you can vape while it's charging, but each vape depletes the battery, then charges it back up, and so on. A true pass thru device actually has no battery, afaik.

So, I agree with you, IMRs. Technically, it's not, but I think we've just come to call them a pass thru.

Ok, /end no quote. You can start quoting me again now. ;)

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I believe it's just ECF's software limitations, oplholik. I'd love it if I could continue to update the first post....... sigh.

But there will be updates, and I promise you that. :)

A kindly moderator can edit the original post. Maybe if we only ask to have it updated once or twice a week, we can recruit someone... :D

Oooops... Tibs beat me to it.

Last edited:

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
I'm not sure, so don't quote me (I mean, really. Don't quote me. :D), but it seems to me that the only true pass thru mods are (becoming) a thing of the past. Don't all our USB ported devices such as the 'Stick, the Darwin, the iTaste VV (as examples) function in the same way? Yes, you can vape while it's charging, but each vape depletes the battery, then charges it back up, and so on. A true pass thru device actually has no battery, afaik.

So, I agree with you, IMRs. Technically, it's not, but I think we've just come to call them a pass thru.

Ok, /end no quote. You can start quoting me again now. ;)

You have been quoted!

Makes sense to me-and you say you aren't technical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread