Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm with you (whomever felt this way) in that I do not wish to send SS #s of any kind or DLs of any kind. However, in the current climate of vape sitting on the edge of extinction and vendors being completely willing to DO AV, I have to admire those who actually do do it.

(she said do do)

We all, and this is a best guess, do not have ANY idea of what hoops must be jumped in order to make the AV "invisible" or user-friendly. I'd be hesitant to condemn a company simply because they a) need AV and 2) have their own internal or external way of doing it.

Thread on ECF or not, one must use their own wits in making determinations.

Too soon comes the day when this may all be nothing but fleeting memories. :\

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OK, an update.

I called DV and told them what I thought about their AV process--very nicely--and got verified over the phone. The lady was nice and apologetic. She said they don't store the SSN (last 4) anywhere--just punch it in, verify and it goes away. (Yeah, I know that nothing really goes away...) So I did that--I don't want to send the copy of my DL because that they store in my account information. So my mod is on its way to me.

However, in the current climate of vape sitting on the edge of extinction and vendors being completely willing to DO AV, I have to admire those who actually do do it.

I agree. Thank you, Dr, Gottlieb.
We all, and this is a best guess, do not have ANY idea of what hoops must be jumped in order to make the AV "invisible" or user-friendly. I'd be hesitant to condemn a company simply because they a) need AV and 2) have their own internal or external way of doing it.

They would have to use something like Veratad or Bluecheck or whatever but I think they would have to pay for it. So there. And I hope you understand that I don't condemn anyone--I understand their predicament and sympathize. But I prefer to use sites that use those behind-the-scenes AV processes.

So, normally I wouldn't use DV--but I liked this mod and the price was very attractive, indeed. So, it was my choice to go through their process.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I asked the DV lady about blocking the picture and she said they needed the picture. Whatever.

Yeah - they need the pic but you can block out the license number.

Whatever. Stocked, locked & loaded. Screw the controlling, puritanical bastiges.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have a scan of my DL and whited out my DL number. Never had a problem with AV.

:thumbs: (same here, dere) <teehee, couldn't resist>

OK, an update.

I called DV and told them what I thought about their AV process--very nicely--and got verified over the phone. The lady was nice and apologetic. She said they don't store the SSN (last 4) anywhere--just punch it in, verify and it goes away. (Yeah, I know that nothing really goes away...) So I did that--I don't want to send the copy of my DL because that they store in my account information. So my mod is on its way to me.

Congrats, KatYaYa.

I agree. Thank you, Dr, Gottlieb.

Would have been Gottlieb or GotYa at some point... :facepalm:

They would have to use something like Veratad or Bluecheck or whatever but I think they would have to pay for it. So there. And I hope you understand that I don't condemn anyone--I understand their predicament and sympathize. But I prefer to use sites that use those behind-the-scenes AV processes.

So, normally I wouldn't use DV--but I liked this mod and the price was very attractive, indeed. So, it was my choice to go through their process.

Of course I understand, as well as most, and I don't believe you are condemning. That was for the gen pop, darlin'.

It IS their predicament, but also ours, and I do believe we have to support those who support us.

As we have ZERO klue as to the "behind-the-scenes", welp, I've got nuttin' more. :(

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Wouldn't call it tiny, but the obs cube is a good smallish mod, can get the kit for under $50 with either a sub ohm tank or a MTL RTA tank.

I scored the MTL RTA kit when myfeedomsmokes had it for sale $35.00, then they had a coupon for $5 off $30+ orders, and had $3.40 in store credit, so got for under $27 shipped :)

20190321_165048.jpg

20190321_165115.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Are you guys getting the free shipping from direct vapor? Seems they're requiring priority mail @ $7.95 on my order for 2 of the SS mods.

Not me. They offered free shipping (and the $7.95) but I opted for the $2.99 because I really am a tracking junkie.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Guess it has to be Priority to Hawaii. No other options available.

Oh well. $35 for 2 mods ain't bad - assuming they're using the Joyetech chip anyway. Getting one as a spare for a friend anyway.
    Years from now the FDA will be tearing up your house for vape contraband and find that second V-Grip.

Your response? "I'm holding it for a friend"

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Been lurking and given the current discussion about Age Verification process, just thought some people would like to know about what FL Legislature is proposing to pass this session, Besides raising the Age to purchase any e-cig products they want to - "require a signature on delivery for vapor products" ( FL – Stop Tobacco/Vapor 21 AND Signature Requirement Law! - CASAA ). :rolleyes:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Been lurking and given the current discussion about Age Verification process, just thought some people would like to know about what FL Legislature is proposing to pass this session, Besides raising the Age to purchase any e-cig products they want to - "require a signature on delivery for vapor products" ( FL – Stop Tobacco/Vapor 21 AND Signature Requirement Law! - CASAA ). :rolleyes:

One by one, Unc, these states will fall. P.T. Barnum was correct.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I agree--no ground shipping option to Hawaii. ;)

And if certain people have their way, it'll be only by water. ;-)

I picked up two $29+ w/tracking - no age verification - only (fake) birthdate. Thanks all concerned for the discussion and link.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread