Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do my eyes deceive????????

Hi you!!!!!

Geeze, we've missed you.

My spreadsheet qween's eyes do not deceive her. I've missed you fine folks as well! How's life in the world of itty bitties?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
There was all this brouhaha on the "Stocking Up" thread...along with a GREAT Sale...about the Aegis Solo...so decided to try one to see how it compared to my current favorite mod...the Sinuous P80...

The Solo is bigger...and heavier...than the P80...

The Solo has GOOD hand comfort...but the P80 has EXCELLENT hand comfort...

You have to look at the Solo before picking it up (to check where the Fire Button is)...but you can pick up the P80 without looking at it because you just squeeze the Fire Panel and it fires (quite handy when driving or when intently concentrating on your laptop screen)...

Plus...although minor...it's MUCH easier/quicker to change the 18650 in the P80 than in the Solo...

:2c:

Gotta love those little squeezers, especially in gloves.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Here's another, just to konfuse your vape mind a little more. This one came to us as a sort of surprise, but I must say, it's a kontender. It's a bit bigger than the BME (Primo Mini) but has some sweet features and vapes like a dream.

I would NOT discount the Cubey tho. We've now got a few of them and they are delish, too.

The vaporesso Armour Pro! (Please excuse all the "it's been well-loved" markings on the baby red one. It really HAS been well-loved!)

View attachment 855517 View attachment 855519 View attachment 855521

You'll have to price shop it (perhaps @DPLongo22 can help with that part), but it's worth a looksie.

SO glad to see you around here! You made my day!!!! :D
It has been added to the review cue. You know how these things work. :lol:
You and DP were so spot on about the Primo that I would be a fool not to include it in my madness. I like the brushed metal finish the cubey has. My Primo looked practically brand new after 16 months of hardish use. Now I'm looking for a cylindrical LiPoly batt to replace the dead batt (2nd one) in my 30W iStick. Short of finding a new batt, the Cubey might be a solid replacement for the iStick.

It's nice to see the pretty faces and sarcasm haven't changed much around here! :D

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I was recommending the Solo over the Colossal and the Tribeaut as a take-out mod, @gerrymi. The P80 did not enter my mind (we don't get along).
I love the look and feel of my Colossal, but the difficulty there is in taking the battery in and out, caused me to put it away. Just doing it twice messed up the wrap on my battery. ugh.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Hi aldenf!- and Katdarling, Katya and all!

Might consider replacing the 30W IStick with - a 75W Pico (IStick) ?

I just ordered 2 more to add to the 'shelf pile' for backups of backups of...
(they're getting hard to find!)

$27.75 Pico 75W
$27.75 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pico 75s.jpg

$32.86 Pico 25
$32.86 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 25 85W VW TC APV Box Mod - 1-85W / 1*18650 / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pico 25s.jpg

and I got 1 of these to be 'adventerous' - ha!
$31.32 Pico X 75W
$31.32 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico X 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / intelligent wattage recommending system at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pico xs.jpg

I've purchased lots of batteries from LIION Wholesale - good quality/price
Really great prices at the moment for LG HG2 18650 20A FLAT TOP 3000MAH BATTERY
$3.99 each.
LG HG2 18650 20A Flat Top 3000mAh Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The P80 did not enter my mind (we don't get along).

@Zazie …considering that the Sinuous P80 is my All Time Favorite Mod...and that I have about 100 of them...(well...may be exaggerating to make a point)...would be quite interested in why you don't "get along" with them...:shock:

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I love the look and feel of my Colossal, but the difficulty there is in taking the battery in and out, caused me to put it away. Just doing it twice messed up the wrap on my battery. ugh.

It looses up after a couple of battery changes. I use my finger nail on the positive side to press the battery down, and flick it out.

• Useful
    Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    @Zazie …considering that the Sinuous P80 is my All Time Favorite Mod...and that I have about 100 of them...(well...may be exaggerating to make a point)...would be quite interested in why you don't "get along" with them...:shock:

What, you don't remember what I said when you asked me this on February 8? I'm hurt. ;)

• Winner
    Reactions: gerrymi

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Push up on the battery when removing from mod.
    lol. I tried that. Didn't work. It was a choice between throwing the dang thing against a brick wall or putting it in a box. I chose the latter. I won't buy another.

Maybe the batteries we use are a tad bit different in size. Don't know. All I can say is mine is unusable.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Hi aldenf!- and Katdarling, Katya and all!

Might consider replacing the 30W IStick with - a 75W Pico (IStick) ?

I just ordered 2 more to add to the 'shelf pile' for backups of backups of...
    (they're getting hard to find!)

$27.75 Pico 75W
    $27.75 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 855669

$32.86 Pico 25
    $32.86 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 25 85W VW TC APV Box Mod - 1-85W / 1*18650 / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 855667

and I got 1 of these to be 'adventerous' - ha!
    $31.32 Pico X 75W
    $31.32 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico X 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / intelligent wattage recommending system at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 855671

I've purchased lots of batteries from LIION Wholesale - good quality/price
    Really great prices at the moment for LG HG2 18650 20A FLAT TOP 3000MAH BATTERY
    $3.99 each.
    LG HG2 18650 20A Flat Top 3000mAh Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

waving hi.GIF

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    What, you don't remember what I said when you asked me this on February 8? I'm hurt. ;)

WOW Zazie...2/8/19...you must have an Eidetic Memory...(OOPS...I mean...of course...a Photographic Memory)...I can't even remember the shirt that I wore yesterday...

Don't be "hurt"...in fact, you might want to keep that link handy...

I'm pretty sure that the next time you make disparaging remarks about my beloved P80's...I'll be equally aghast...and, knowing me, probably query you...yet AGAIN!!??!!...:shock:

• Winner
    Reactions: Uncle

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    lol. I tried that. Didn't work. It was a choice between throwing the dang thing against a brick wall or putting it in a box. I chose the latter. I won't buy another.

Maybe the batteries we use are a tad bit different in size. Don't know. All I can say is mine is unusable.

There are definitely differences in 18650 battery sizes - height and width vary between brands. And I suspect even between batches of the same battery.

A box is a better option over a brick wall, but not as much fun ;)

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    There are definitely differences in 18650 battery sizes - height and width vary between brands. And I suspect even between batches of the same battery.

A box is a better option over a brick wall, but not as much fun ;)
    I should ask, for those of you who are successfully using Colossals, what batteries are you using, pray tell?

aldenf

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2014
    NYC, NJ, USA
    I should ask, for those of you who are successfully using Colossals, what batteries are you using, pray tell?
    Just got my Colossal today. Popped a relatively new LG HG2 in it just fine. It comes in and out with little effort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread