Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I've had my one and only GGTS going on 5 month. I picked it up in the classifieds and finally decided to check and change the button spring on my #652. Made a huge difference.....lesson for me: Keep the GG "fresh" to maintain your top notch performance....from the looks of the old(left) I wouldn't be surprised if it had never been swapped out though performance loss seemed very gradual thus my delay in replacing.

2012-08-16 15.09.55.jpg

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I've had my one and only GGTS going on 5 month. I picked it up in the classifieds and finally decided to check and change the button spring on my #652. Made a huge difference.....lesson for me: Keep the GG "fresh" to maintain your top notch performance....from the looks of the old(left) I wouldn't be surprised if it had never been swapped out though performance loss seemed very gradual thus my delay in replacing.

View attachment 126400

Good tip but it is possible that is an old button spring and thus not brass.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I would say so and should have pointed that out though too I was having issues with the button from a mechanical standpoint. Wish I had a standard spring to compare it to but I don't. I can only say for certain that the spring had not been replaced within the last 5 month though it definitely didn't offer the mechanical "feedback" the brass/new one does. If the conductivity is due to the new(2012) being brass and that alone it's a winner for sure.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Definitely a learning curve to GG's. Got my first off the classy's too - an older GGTS/UFS combo that I paid mega $ for. Prior to that the most complex PV I'd ever had was an Ego. First few days I was wishing I had my $ back. GGTS wasn't too hard to figure out but I had a helluva time with the UFS. Had puddles of juice all over my desk trying to figure out how to make that bad boy work lol. These days I'm building my own coils and have even learned how to measure them with a multimeter. WOW!!! One step at a time. Progress, not perfection haha.

View attachment 126400

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I would say so and should have pointed that out though too I was having issues with the button from a mechanical standpoint. Wish I had a standard spring to compare it to but I don't. I can only say for certain that the spring had not been replaced within the last 5 month though it definitely didn't offer the mechanical "feedback" the brass/new one does. If the conductivity is due to the new(2012) being brass and that alone it's a winner for sure.

The brass springs were a winner for sure. I will use my old steel springs if I get into a pinch but as of over a year vaping on GG's I have never had a button spring actually go bad. Yes they can provide less spring with time and they can get dirty but they always clean right up. Glad you are enjoying your new springs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread