Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Hi Everyone...This is my 4th review of a vaping device.

I only do reviews of the mod's that are " keepers " in my choice of vapes..and this one is definately a "keeper".

This is a review of the "Little Sister" made by Kenb54. Ken is the owner / maker of the famous box mods and he has now come out with this little fantastic Variable Voltage Mod that zooms from zero to 3.7 volts to a fabulous 7v vaping machine.

First off..i was a bit skeptical about this mod. For one thing it uses 2 x 10440 batteries which i havent had the best of luck with. I previously had a small box mod that used 2 10440 batteries that i had a devil of a time getting in and out of the box mod. This one is easy peasy..to use..and i was pleasantly surprised !

I tend to jump away from the specifics so I do want to share a picture of this mod before I go any further.

This is a picture of Ken holding the "Little Sister"

IMG_0821.jpg

This mod is Tiny !! It's no bigger than a bic lighter..and I really like that. It comfortably holds 2 of the 10440 protected batteries and they're very easy to remove and install...which is a big huge plus for me.

It also has the ability to go from 0 volts to 3.7 to 5 v to 7 volts with a few simple turns of the little round gray nob thingy...up there on the right top of the mod.

The mod is made of a hard plastic..it's black which i love. I love cartomizers so I've been vaping my favorite peppermint in this baby for almost a week now. It uses a 510 atty connection so the 510 cartomizers fit right on there nicely.

I first tried it for a couple of days on the 3.7 volts which was good but then i decided i needed more ( as usual ) and I've been steadly vaping on this Little Sister at around 5v since. I havent turned it up to the full potential because i think anything more than 5volts is really too much for me.

One thing that i definately like is there is no use for a screwdriver or any kind of tool for turning up the voltage. I also don't have a voltage meter and wouldnt know how to use one if i did...but i can compare this to my other mods that i use and it's definately in the same league with the 5v that i usually vape on.

It definately has a strong kick to it...Love that.

I honestly think It might just jump out of my hand if i turned it up to it's full potential, so im steadily using it at the 5v range and it's doing fabulously.

Another plus to this vaping monster in a small size is the price. $64.99 ! You simply cannot find a variable voltage device for under 100.00 anywhere....

Mine is black but he does offer other colors if a stand out color meets your needs. They come in black, white, green, red or blue i believe.

I've been vaping on this thing like i said for almost a week and I carry it along with me everyday. It has jumped up to my top 3 devices in this short time. I always have to carry 3 with me usually because i vape 3 different flavors...and like I said before, this one is a " keeper".

I highly recommend this mod, for the price, the production and one other reason. The Maker. Ken is one of the nicest people on this forum..and his service is oustanding. He stands behind his devices and he quickly addresses any problems found with anything he sells.

I dont' want to go on and on here, i sometimes tend to get carried away...but i do want to give a good review of a product that I'm really impressed with. So, i will close for now and add on other things in the next few days.

This is Ken's site for any of you that may be interested in this mod....take a look at his site...and if you're considering a smaller mod or a stronger vape...this is an excellent choice.

Box Mods

Enjoy the Vape !

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I always forget something < thumps self in head >...

To activate the " little sister" there is a small button near the top of the mod...near where the cartomizer is..its on the rounded side of the mod...Easy to push and its very sturdy...no worries about breaking or damaging a switch. It simply pushes in a downward fashion and activates the vape.

If i forget anything else, I'll add to this thread..or be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for reading !

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Wanted to add something else really quick. I was impressed with the duration of these 2 10440 batteries ! These batteries last in this mod for a very long time ! I'm really in awe...I figured they wouldnt last but a few hours but im steadily getting an all day vape with them . Keep in mind that i vape on 3 different things all day long...but i honestly think they would last most of the day on one charge.

Ok...done now, for the moment...absentmindness always follows me.

Enjoy the vape.

:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Great review, ClumsyGirl! I've been eying this little device for awhile. I never got a mod because I don't like the fact that most have preset voltage, which usually is not my preferred voltage, anyway. My sweet spot is 3.4-4.5v, depending on the resistance of the carto I'm using.

I know that the Buzz is a great mod, but a little too big and heavy for me. The little sister looks perfect. Can you dial it down to 3.4v? Or is 3.7v the lowest setting?

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Thanks Katya :)

Actually , Ken says you can dial it from 0 to 7v...I dont have a meter to test it, but he is honest to a fault and I turned mine completely down and its definately zero. I'm guessing i have mine set between 4 and 5.2 volts consistantly and that is my preference.

If you have nails you can turn it down easily or it turns pretty easily using just the thumb, and there's little nich markings on it ( 7 of them) not sure which one is 3.7 but probably the 2nd one up im guessing..but i just basically turned it to my comfortable level. It's sitting on about the 4th one up.

Hope this helps..and if there's anything I dont know, you can always contact ken54 here on the forum or on his site.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
what is the battery life on this thing?

That would greatly depend on how high the voltage you have it set too. I have mine almost 1/2 way and so far its vaping consistantly all day for me, but like i said..i vape on 3 different things most of the time.

Im guessing if this is the only thing you vape on and you are a heavy vaper...you would get at least 1/2 a day on it.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
A few things that I need to be more specific on :

Ken says he only tested this unit at 6.75 V. Usually around the 8:00 position is 5 volts.

Theoretically the mod should stay at the specified voltage through 85% of the battery charge.

Included on the chip are current limit and thermal overload protection. All overload protection circuitry remains fully functional even if the adjustment terminal is disconnected.

The mod comes in 5 colors, red, blue, green, white and black.

There is about a 7 day wait for one right now.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Nice review, Clumsy. What an ingenious little mod! The fact that the dial can be turned down to zero means that it can be easily carried without an on/off switch. Nice.

Normally, I'm kind of 'eh' about mods that don't use 18650 batteries, but I'll take your word that this isn't a problem. Sounds like this combined with 510 cartos would be a great little device for newbs to start off with.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Thanks Clyde...and I've missed you !! Havent seen you around in awhile...hope things are going better for you and the family.

I was iffy about the 10440 batteries myself, havent had a good experience with them previously...but this mod has turned me around on them.

Good to see you posting again..my friend.

Hugs
Clumsy

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Thanks Clyde...and I've missed you !! Havent seen you around in awhile...hope things are going better for you and the family.

I was iffy about the 10440 batteries myself, havent had a good experience with them previously...but this mod has turned me around on them.

Good to see you posting again..my friend.

Hugs
Clumsy

Thanks, Clumsy. I've been around the whole time, just spreading my manure in another part of the pasture. :D

Thanks for you kind thoughts. Things have been calmer lately, but I'm afraid it may just be the calm before the storm.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
So, would I be correct in saying that there is no on/off switch, but instead, you just turn it down to 0v? How has this been working out for you, Clumsy? I would still be pretty worried about things like pocket firing...but that's just how I worry!

Also, what's the switch like?

I think you need to give us some video on this bad girl, Clumsy! We want action shots! :p

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
Hey Clumsy spot on review!

I also have been using the little sister for a few days now and its a rocking little mod!

so small and packs a huge punch

I vape ALOT lol and at 4.5-5v i get somewhere around 4-6 hours and that is alot of time on two 10440s

i will have a vid review in the next couple days

But here is a small vid where i show the little sister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y290rQu9Nf4

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Really nice review Clumsy. I've stayed away from mods but this one has my interest. Could be my downfall into mod(dom).

I'm in the exact same place, but happened to check out Little Sister on the site not too long ago and went "Hmmm!" Meantime, I've just laid out some for Ego hardware and some LR attys, so I'm kind of laying low on e-cig purchases for the moment. But Clumsy's review may put me in the second wave of Little Sister buyers, and may put an end to my "mod holdout" status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread