Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
So I had an experience at the post office that really urked me. So I am waiting in line to send a package and man was that line long, anyways the person that walked in behind me is someone that I have come across for my job so I felt it necessary to at least say hello. As we make are way through the line it becomes apparent that the lady must be a heavy smoker because she is coughing so hard that people in line are starting to stare on with disgust. As it gets close to my turn, she asks what I am mailing(kind of a weird question to ask someone you hardly know) but anyways I explain to her that it is an electronic cigarette and I show her my glv super mini, and right as its my turn to go up to the counter she proceeds to tell me that "you better watch out because those things are bad for you, they have anti-freeze in them". I only had a second to respond and I am not the quickest on my toes but I responded with, are you kidding? do you really think that they are worse than inhaling hundreds of chemicals in a burning cigarette. I also said that I will take my chances with an e-cig over a camel light any day and that she should do some more true research before spreading false info like what she said. I really wish I had more of a chance to respond because that whole situation bugged me for the rest of the day8-o It was just so fricken funny because of how hard she was hacking all through the line and then has the nerve to tell me that ecigs are bad. Anyone else have similar experiences?

iball

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
The Desert
I've found that violently slapping people who make stupid or inane comments like helps on many different levels.
Because face it, they're not going to do the research - they're lazy.
But if they feel PAIN from saying stupid things then it makes them either shut the hell up or they go get themselves informed before speaking on a subject.
I'm not talking a 40s femme fatale film slap, I'm talking a full-bore How I Met Your Mother Barney Slapsgiving.

Learning through violent pain has honed our military to a keen edge - time to help the rest of America out.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
So I had an experience at the post office that really urked me. So I am waiting in line to send a package and man was that line long, anyways the person that walked in behind me is someone that I have come across for my job so I felt it necessary to at least say hello. As we make are way through the line it becomes apparent that the lady must be a heavy smoker because she is coughing so hard that people in line are starting to stare on with disgust. As it gets close to my turn, she asks what I am mailing(kind of a weird question to ask someone you hardly know) but anyways I explain to her that it is an electronic cigarette and I show her my glv super mini, and right as its my turn to go up to the counter she proceeds to tell me that "you better watch out because those things are bad for you, they have anti-freeze in them". I only had a second to respond and I am not the quickest on my toes but I responded with, are you kidding? do you really think that they are worse than inhaling hundreds of chemicals in a burning cigarette. I also said that I will take my chances with an e-cig over a camel light any day and that she should do some more true research before spreading false info like what she said. I really wish I had more of a chance to respond because that whole situation bugged me for the rest of the day8-o It was just so fricken funny because of how hard she was hacking all through the line and then has the nerve to tell me that ecigs are bad. Anyone else have similar experiences?

A few times now -- especially with older smokers. Not to make this unfunny but I have been asked 3 times now by people on oxygen how to vape, just too damned late for them.........

I had a virtually identical encounter once with an acquaintance (not at the post office). I just said: "Intelligent people research and stupid people assume. Which one are you?". Right now he seems to be enjoying his newly purchased Ego-T... :)

Great saying, I'll remember it -- but I think you know the level of interest in science and study in this country else there wouldn't be an 'intelligent design' movement!!! 8-o

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Oddly enough in all the time I have been vaping I havent encountered that . Most people just want to know what it is , and where they can get one ! Even a stay in the hospitol brought only interest and approval from the doctors , nurses and respiratory therapists
It was a great relief to find that vaping in the hospital is allowed and approved of here!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I had a virtually identical encounter once with an acquaintance (not at the post office). I just said: "Intelligent people research and stupid people assume. Which one are you?". Right now he seems to be enjoying his newly purchased Ego-T... :)

Ah dam, that wouldve been much better! its short sweet and to the point, like I said I am not the quickest on my toes so I usually end up thinking of what I shouldve said and hour or two later. Thanks for the line I am ganking it from you :)

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Ah dam, that wouldve been much better! its short sweet and to the point, like I said I am not the quickest on my toes so I usually end up thinking of what I shouldve said and hour or two later. Thanks for the line I am ganking it from you :)

Well, I was always told that it's not nice to tell someone they are stupid. But noone ever told me that I couldn't ask them about it :)

I did ask him if he would think that it's stupid for someone to assume that he is not intelligent without knowing facts about him. He just chuckled, he is a salesman... :)

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I have had several people act as if I was shooting ...... in front of them as wells been told I was stupid because I was vaping anti freeze. I've come to realize there will always be people who just love to pass judgement on others and look down on them. I try not to acknowledge people like that anymore. Why bother they'll just pick something else out to judge you for, if your not vaping.
Then again a big fat B slap might do those people some good :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have had several people act as if I was shooting ...... in front of them as wells been told I was stupid because I was vaping anti freeze. I've come to realize there will always be people who just love to pass judgement on others and look down on them. I try not to acknowledge people like that anymore. Why bother they'll just pick something else out to judge you for, if your not vaping.
Then again a big fat B slap might do those people some good :)
... one you are way too kind ;)

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Oddly enough in all the time I have been vaping I havent encountered that . Most people just want to know what it is , and where they can get one ! Even a stay in the hospitol brought only interest and approval from the doctors , nurses and respiratory therapists
It was a great relief to find that vaping in the hospital is allowed and approved of here!
Damn I wish ecigs were around when I had my hysterectomy! I had to sneak to the elevator and when I got downstairs the guard at the door made me walk out to the sidewalk to smoke and it was raining! Rain be damned I smoked 2 cigarettes!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Lol you know, I go through the exact same thing with my parents and grand parents telling me to go back to analogs. It's just crazy. My reply is always "Ahh you're correct. Since we already know what a cigarette does, now tracheotomy anyone? or would you enjoy a side radiation instead?"
Yowzza, that is crazy man, you would think that people so close to someone in the industry would think a little differently. My grandma is a 48 year smoker that quit ten years ago but it was too little too late and now she is on oxygen 100% of the time and has copd, she hacks like she is still smoking, it makes me really sad, she is one of those grandmas that everyone loves because she treats them like she is their grandma as well. Its really too bad that e-cigs were not around 50 some years ago when she was young, I am sure things would be a little different now.:( Anyways I forgot my point, my grandma is absolutely thrilled that I do not smoke cigs anymore she tries to sell everyone on ecigs and lets me vape away in her house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread