The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Local place to get PG& other DIY supplies??

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by juicy97, Sep 30, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. juicy97

juicy97 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Anyone know of a place in the east valley?? I'd like to pick up some today if possible. I need PG, Flavorings and some little bottles.

2. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    see the above thread for lorann flavorings. VG can be bought in Walmart in the skin care isle of the pharmacy. PG is said to be found at Farm Tractor Supply Stores. I ordered a gallon from a Basha's pharmacy. Around $ 26.00 for the PG.

Some flavorings and vg can be found at Michaels in the cake decorating isle.

3. desrtrat

desrtrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just picked up a 6oz bottle of VG from the walmart on Elliot & Priest for $2.98. I'm not sure how far east you are, but there were several bottles left when I was there. I hear all the walmarts carry it though. I'm not bold enough to buy a gallon of PG like SheerLuck yet! haha

4. Martin2277

Martin2277 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    Tempe, AZ

Where did you find it in the store? I have looked before but have not been able to find the bottle.

5. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi Martin! It's in the pharmacy section with the lotions etc. At this particular walmart (Elliot & Priest), as soon as you walk in, hang a left, it's pretty much immediately on your left in the pharmacy area, maybe the first or second rack from the left as you're looking at the pharmacy counter. It's in a clear bottle with a white label and a pink(ish) design on it. I found it pretty quickly. But if you have trouble finding it, just ask for HUMCO Glycerin. Hope it helps! Good luck!

6. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Okay, so I spent ab0out 3 1/2 hours running around today. I got a gallon of PG at Walco Veterinary supply. It was roughly $21. I went to Hobby Lobby on Greenfield & Baseline and got 3 6oz. bottles of Wilton's VG. They were $2.18 a piece. Don't ask me why I bought 3, I don't know. I guess I figured I had so much PG I'd stock up on VG too! LOL. While at Hobby Lobby I also picked up a 6oz. bottle of Wilton's Butter flavoring for $1.99. Next I went to Michael's on Gilbert & Baseline and bought this little 4 pack of Wilton's flavorings. There were 4 1oz. bottles of flavorings, Creme de Menthe, cherrry, Cinnamon & peppermint. That was $5.99.

So I come home & start playing around. I turned a REALLY raunchy bottle of 24mg Rum ejuice into a YUMMY bottle of 12mg Buttered Rum. It is SOOOO much fun! I also made 0mg cherry & cinnamon juices.

Note to self: moderation is key when mixing cinnamon. BLEGH!

7. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    NICE!! Thanks for saying where these places are. The intersections helps! I guess now that you've got oh.. I don't know.. a year's worth of supplies haha I guess you're committed! Please keep us posted on your creations..that butter rum sounds kinda good

8. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    It's pretty tasty! I have a lifetime supply of the butter flavor if you want some. PM me your addy & I'll shoot you some in the mail. It's probably going to come in a pretty funny container though. I have NO little bottles!

9. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    You'll have to supply your own raunchy rum flavor though LOL

10. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    HAHA..thanks! I'm sitting here trying to think what I have that would mix with a butter flavor...and I got nothin haha I appreciate the offer though! Yep, there definitely needs to be a DIY at a VIP meeting...if I can actually go! haha

11. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    You could always make popcorn flavored juice. LOL

12. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

DEAL FROM TASTY VAPOR JUST FOR ARIZONA VIP MEMBERS! (anyone else reading this...DON'T USE THIS CODE). ONLY FOR ARIZONA MEMBERS.

Geoff has offered us a group disount for a limited time.

1 oz. bottles of E-liquid, which includes all flavors and combination of up to 3 flavors - $12

1/2 oz. bottles of E-liquid, same as above - $6

4 oz. Doublers, all flavors and 3-flavor combinations - $10 (Zero nicotine, great for mixing and the bottle is LARGE at 4oz).

This will be good from TODAY until OCTOBER 31ST.

Code: "VIPROX!" http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Ftastyvapor.webs.com

Postage $5 flat rate. Email orders to Tastyvapor@yahool.com

Geoff Braithwaite
    Tasty Vapor
    Owner/Mixaholic
    (510) 520-3313

13. miakauisan

miakauisan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    errr...What's a doubler? :oops:

Nevermind...I looked it up like an intelligent person would have in the first place LOL.

14. PhxR0b

PhxR0b Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Glendale, Az
    Thank yoooooooooooooooooooooooou!

and do we technically need the discount code if sending our orders over via email?

- R0b

15. miakauisan

Sep 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I guess a doubler is some no nic juice with flavor used for "doubling" your juice (diluting) without shirking on the flavor.

16. Hellen A. Handbasket

The code is an identifier.

That is a great price for a vapable liquid (most suppliers charge regular price per ml for liquid whether it has nicotine in it or not).

Menthol is a bit harder to make with a good flavor, so I bought a bunch.

I also got lots of the chocolate (since I can use it as a base for other flavors from LorAnns and Capellas). At that price... cheapppp and I really like the flavor. He is happy to do custom stuff, just ask.

17. miakauisan

Sep 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    HOBBY BENCH.

Just got back from there. I bought 2 12cc syringes with straight, pointy plastic tips(they screw on), 1 12 cc syringe with a curved, pointy plastic tip, a pack of measuring cups, and a 6 pack of pipettes. All this stuff can be found in the model airplane section.

I just used the straight, pointy syringe to fill up a core and it works PERFECTLY. I'm scared poopless of needles in the first place...and I'm a bit clumsy, so at some point I would have poked myself. No chance with these...I tried just to make sure. LOL.

12cc straight: $2.19
    12cc curved: $2.19
    6 pack pipettes: $4.79
    50 pack 1oz. mesuring cups (epoxy mixing cups): $3.49

The syringes DO NOT have any measuring marks on them. I figure this isn't too much of a problem since I'm only going to be using them to fill up carts and not for measuring things.

The mesuring cups have measurements for oz. (1, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8), Drams (8, 6, 4, 2, 1), CC/ML (30, 25, 20, 15, 12.5, 10, 7.5, 5, 2.5) and "spoons" (2TBS, 1TBS, 1DSSP(desert spoon..about 2TSP), 1TSP, 1/2TSP)

Also. Walgreens will give you, for free, plastic 6ml syringes with the measuring lines carved into the plastic and filled in with black. Just ask for the some syringes for measuring children's meds.

Locations: (I know of two in phoenix but apparently are other locations that I can't verify)

19th Ave and Northern: 8058 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ‎ - (602) 995-1755‎
    43rd Ave and Bell: 4240 W Bell Rd # A11, Glendale, AZ‎ - (602) 547-1828‎

18. miakauisan

Sep 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok, so I just had a sporadic conversation with him via the meebo client he has set up temporarily.

He is so polite! Definitely going to do some ordering. Thanks, Hellen for bringing into better view a supplier that takes care of his clients (and future ones) as best as possible. :)

19. Hellen A. Handbasket

Good to know Mika!

Geoff also has donated 3 bottles of nic. liquid (30mg) for our meeting!! We'll draw a ticket for each one. Yummy flavors too (it's a surprise).

Gotta say, I love his chocolate flavoring. Haven't used the coffee yet. I LOVE the menthol for sure (sweet and slightly minty, really great!). That is my new favorite as it has replaced my ever buying the Liquid Express Cool Rush Menthol, especially since it is so much more economical!!! (nice way to say CHEAPER!!)

He IS a good guy, and really values his customers. What is nice is that you can order nicotine liquid and then cut it to the mg you want without sacrificing the original flavor (by using the Doublers). I like the doublers for fixing up stuff I bought from China (crappy stuff coming out of China about 2 months ago... barely flavored and weird perfume essence, don't know why!). Custom mixing by him of 3 flavors of your choice is nice too.... nicotine liquid AND a doubler to match it. I'm looking forward to pinching some from the winners to try out at the meeting!

20. PhxR0b

PhxR0b Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Glendale, Az
    I swear I'm going to have to order one of these 'Doublers' contraptions...it's like the forbidden fkn fruit it's driving me bonkers...

- R0b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.