• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Local shops for emergency supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
(I didn't see a thread like this, so I thought I'd start one.)

Thought it might be good to know where one might find "supplies" in a pinch. They are usually overpriced, but it's better than overnighting a package!

NWFL Pensacola area

Royal Flush: North of 10 on Mobile Hwy (follow Cervantes up till it changes to Mobile Hwy and veer to the right at the fork in the road) They carry carts, cartos, attys, juice, cords, and kits: I think 901, 801, 808.

Charlies tobacco: Mobile Hwy just south of Brent. They carry the disposables, for now, may carry more later

Circle K: on Scenic, right near Apple Market, just west of Bayou. They carry disposables and some cartos for the 808

Tom Thumb: Gulf Breeze across from Winn Dixie and Bealls. They carry the disposables.

I'm going to be in the states for two days and want to acquire some juice in person as well as some hardware. The last time I went I went over to smoking Everywhere in Fort Lauderdale and that sucked. Does anyone know of any storefronts in the Miami fort Lauderdale area that are not Smoking everywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Do you have family you will be visiting? The reason I ask, you could order some now, and have it shipped to their house. The majority of places ship priority mail. Takes 3-4 days for about $5 US.

yea I'm taking a cruise so , not really any family to take it. and The hotel I use near Miami..is less than enthusiastic about guaranteeing someone will sign for it

The last time I asked them to , was a similar situation and I ended up using someone who drop shipped their order to the Chinese manufacturer and god knows what gets put on that invoice. But by the time it reached me whatever they put on had a pretty nifty little hit from customs on it. I mean it wasn't allot like $25.00 but they had no interest in being involved with whatever mysterious transaction I was conducting with the Chinese. It sounded like they thought I was tracking in like Nuclear technology as opposed to a bloody electronic cigarette. .. It;s really quite funny.

According to what I saw someone at customs when it first hit Canada looked at it and actually checked to see if the writing on the documentation was in English, French or even if it was in Chinese. And having taken the time to try and move it along to discover it was not even in their own language but some hybrid of Chinese and English that made no sense to them. They just shipped it back. Then my poor guy wants to reship rather then refund. Fine I'm in the states. he says States are NO PROBLEM. Again, There is a severe lack of information in the documentation so they put a $25 charge on it and sent it on to me. But what I found was the note that was left on it when it was sent back. I guess they reshipped the same exact package which sounds like more work then it would be just to refill the order and put my package back into stock. Anyway when I got it the internal notes from the Canadian guy at Customs Canada were still attached. And ( obviously an end user is not supposed to see this) it said "I cant make ..... all out of this writing. I'm not even sure it is writing ,so refuse it and send it back to the shipper and tell the damn shipper to pick a g*ddamed language."

Had to say I laughed. so anyway yea a cruise ship. Not good for large patches of juice only because I go through customs as I enter the United sates, as I leave it on the ship and again as the ship returns and then as I return to Canada again and I'm a US citizen with a Canadian PR card..so I have to be limited in what I bring home.

In the states I could get a fine. I eventually want to have citizenship here since my wife and kids do. Until I'm a citizen they could use any minor violation of the law to deny me renewal of my PR or to refuse to offer me citizenship. So I buy what I need for personal use . But hardware can be so much cheaper. Man even cartridges. I have a great source but I use a pen style and In Canada I love my guy..love him. But after all the stuff he has to go though to import it. it's $3.45 for a five pack of blank pen cartridges. I can get five for .95 cents in the states a or having stuff delivered to the states.

So I would prefer to really just buy a ton of atomizers, batteries, cartridges and ejuice so that I'm like good for a year. I have to stick with whatever I'm comfortable having dumped into the trash by some customs officer along the way.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
ROFL... I'm sorry... that's priceless!! Well, from what I've heard, there are a few places around Florida, but some don't like any "visitors" knocking on the door. There are local type places, but they aren't competing on the web with web savy peeps, so they tend to charge "double" the China prices. You would be better off renting a PO box, having stuff shipped there, and then picking it up after your cruise.

added note to the NWFL Pensacola area

Royal Flush is on Old Pine Forest Road.

(for some reason I can't edit the post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread