Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
just a suggestion Smokeyjoe...

the forum is international,and growing,and more new people are asking for recommendations daily...

the problem is,not many new members bother to register their location...which makes it difficult to give them quick,accurate advice...

is there any chance of making broad location a requirement when registering?

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I think Darcy as a valid point and some people might be exaggerating his point and did not get his drift the first time he posted this idea or perhaps Darcy really didn't make this clear enough for some of you readers. We should least try to admit to which country we come from as I see no harm in this and then it is down to the individual's choice whether they wish to admit what state or county or city they live in.
But If somebody needs some help, supplies, or would like to get together for any reason because this will probably happen one day. By giving their county whereabouts might help in some cases knowing that you could help somebody quickly if they had any problems and sometimes it can be such a small world as I have noticed people on this forum which work about 9 miles from my home..

But my personal feelings would be least the country is a must to save confusion of trying to help people and isn't this forum for us all to learn and help from each other and we will seem to be mature and responsible adults on this forum having no cranks here as we all seem to get on like a family. Which this seems to attract us all spending many hours talking together because of we are mostly genuine people.

But that's just my personal thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread