Logging in/out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Yes, I am using Firefox 3. I haven't had this problem since I posted here though, it might have been to do with SmokeyJoe fiddling around with forum settings or something.

Sorry Denni, I can't advise you, I'm not very good with technical things, I'm baffled too.

If your using addons from firefox2 they are not configured for 3 and can cause freezing and loging problems etc.. ive been experiencing this since i changed to firefox3 .. im now using chrome with no problems.. and firefox when needed..dont think its SJ..

Last edited:

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
I don't know what Denni is using but I've gone straight from Internet Explorer to Firefox 3, I've never used version 2, so that isn't what happened to me.

Thanks anyway Kit, it might help Denni.

but are you using any of the addons ?..firefox3 is unstable there doing loads of tweaks on it at the mo..plus you dont know that billgates isnt sticking a spanner in the works.with chrome just being lauched. ..wouldnt put it past him..

Last edited:

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
Ooops, haven't followed this thread.

I thought it might be my script blockers so I've granted permission to this site, but it makes no difference.

No problems in the past few days, but today I seem to be thrown off every 5 mins.

I'm using Firefox, wouldn't use anything else (there are issues with Chrome) and the site ought to be compliant. I have version 2 because I'm not a fan of unnecessary upgrades.

sigarett

Oct 9, 2008
Malta
I joined about a week ago and have been logging on every time. However, each time I try to post a reply to a thread I am warned that I am not logged on and have to log on every time again.

I DID notice that I cannot post and seem logged off if I open the thread in another ff 3 tab BUT even when I try to post from the same tab for the first time, I'm still asked to log on again.

Just my 2 cents but at least I'm at my 7th post so I'm on my way to full membership :p Maybe a full member has the privilege of staying logged on for longer :D

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
Cookies are accepted from this site, but I'm still getting randomly logged off.

I must remember to copy the text before sending: I have just lost a long-ish post :(

ECF is the only forum where I have that particular problem, out of half a dozen or so.

Saying that, it's great that the site is running so well since you moved it. The logging off issue is really a minor problem (so long as I remember to copy my posts ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread