Lol accidentally discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
So I reached in my pocket grabbed my vape to a hit, wth something is wrong wait why is my hand wet. Uh oh I broke my glass I see a small triangular hole, called vape shop no crown 3 glass, damn they said Friday for sure ok. In the mean time I discovered this SCOTCH TAPE FOR THE WIN.

Attachments

• 15551209474674034276921709931433.jpg
    15551209474674034276921709931433.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: mac-nutty

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Don't use Scotch tape or Duct tape or anything with an adhesive directly over the hole. One, the adhesive will get in the juice and you will be vaping that. Two, the juice will weaken the adhesive and it will eventually fail again.

My suggestion would be to wrap it with plumber's pipe "tape" first then cover that with the Scotch tape. The plumber's tape (also used for air compressor lines) is a white plastic tape that is water/air proof and has no adhesive.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Don't use Scotch tape or Duct tape or anything with an adhesive directly over the hole. One, the adhesive will get in the juice and you will be vaping that. Two, the juice will weaken the adhesive and it will eventually fail again.

My suggestion would be to wrap it with plumber's pipe "tape" first then cover that with the Scotch tape. The plumber's tape (also used for air compressor lines) is a white plastic tape that is water/air proof and has no adhesive.
Good idea. This stuff yeah? Teflon plumber, thread seal tape. Non toxic.
thread_tape.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lordron's_Drag, do you know the ID and length of the glass? I'm thinking that you could replace it with a piece of Acrylic or some other plastic tube, bonus would be it's cheaper and more resilient than the quartz glass.
They used to all be that way. The whole reason vapes went to glass from acrylic is some flavorings will crack acrylic tanks

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Here's the deal tho it's my habit my problem, I put my family first I would love to have 40 baxkups but Everytime I have extra money something either comes up, I help someone, or a I ball on my kids

I understand. My kids are grown and I’m on my own, so I only have my dogs and bird to look after. And trust me, they’re more pampered than I am. Squeakies and vet bills before shiny things.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Very interesting I have Teflon duct tape and resin. Do you think juice will eat threw vinyl ester resin I have it in 2 forms liquid and putty I'm think I could use the putty put some dma in it it will cure in 30 seconds. Any ways my buddy at the vape store ordered 10 and said he will give me the wholesale price on top of his discount so for 15 dollars I'll be good

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
I've actually been researching squonking. I've also been building a little I got a few pre made coils and some cotton bacon. Been trying different things with a tobh v2 3 post, I know old school but that atty is super excited to wick. Get about 5 good hits before I have to drop. Running a .15 build ATM decent flavor even tho I'm not really into taste, but the clouds oh boy
The only problem I'm having is that my drag says check atomizer so I have to take off the atty and put it back on I'm thinking it has something to do with the pin there like a screw on it I'm not sure what it's for here's a picture.
15551652131563535232428865726802.jpg

Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread