The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lol accidentally discovery

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Lordron's_Drag, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lordron's_Drag

Lordron's_Drag Super Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    So I reached in my pocket grabbed my vape to a hit, wth something is wrong wait why is my hand wet. Uh oh I broke my glass I see a small triangular hole, called vape shop no crown 3 glass, damn they said Friday for sure ok. In the mean time I discovered this SCOTCH TAPE FOR THE WIN.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    with adhesive.. yum....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    This is why we always say back ups, back ups, back ups. I have about 40 back ups, lol, no tape for me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Here's the deal tho it's my habit my problem, I put my family first I would love to have 40 baxkups but Everytime I have extra money something either comes up, I help someone, or a I ball on my kids

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    If the scotch tape doesn't hold, use the handyman's secret weapon: duct tape!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Don't use Scotch tape or Duct tape or anything with an adhesive directly over the hole. One, the adhesive will get in the juice and you will be vaping that. Two, the juice will weaken the adhesive and it will eventually fail again.

My suggestion would be to wrap it with plumber's pipe "tape" first then cover that with the Scotch tape. The plumber's tape (also used for air compressor lines) is a white plastic tape that is water/air proof and has no adhesive.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    Bet you don't carry all of them with you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Good idea. This stuff yeah? Teflon plumber, thread seal tape. Non toxic.
    thread_tape.jpg

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Lordron's_Drag, do you know the ID and length of the glass? I'm thinking that you could replace it with a piece of Acrylic or some other plastic tube, bonus would be it's cheaper and more resilient than the quartz glass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    They used to all be that way. The whole reason vapes went to glass from acrylic is some flavorings will crack acrylic tanks

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    I learned to use one topper at a time. Generally just 5-7 of them. With that in mind, my car emergency kit gets a spare. I have a Tupperware with back-ups. Yep, back-ups for the back-ups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DeloresRose

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Oh golly, no! But I never leave the house with 3 of them. And it’s hard to pick which three... I have to start choosing an hour in advance :) Plus juice and batteries.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DeloresRose

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

I understand. My kids are grown and I’m on my own, so I only have my dogs and bird to look after. And trust me, they’re more pampered than I am. Squeakies and vet bills before shiny things.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Necessity is the mother of invention....best one here is the plumbers tape...wrap it around at least five times :)

Permanent fix would be a tiny bit of resin...pop the glass out, line the interior and then resin repair the resulting hole...job done :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    MaGeyver would be proud Lordon.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Very interesting I have Teflon duct tape and resin. Do you think juice will eat threw vinyl ester resin I have it in 2 forms liquid and putty I'm think I could use the putty put some dma in it it will cure in 30 seconds. Any ways my buddy at the vape store ordered 10 and said he will give me the wholesale price on top of his discount so for 15 dollars I'll be good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Side note I didn't use Teflon cause I can't see the juice I used shrink wrap

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Oh wait brain storm I have clear heat shrink o Lord thank you guys for getting my brain fired up

• Like Like x 5
  19. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Another argument against tanks, which is why I squonk (mostly).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    I've actually been researching squonking. I've also been building a little I got a few pre made coils and some cotton bacon. Been trying different things with a tobh v2 3 post, I know old school but that atty is super excited to wick. Get about 5 good hits before I have to drop. Running a .15 build ATM decent flavor even tho I'm not really into taste, but the clouds oh boy
    The only problem I'm having is that my drag says check atomizer so I have to take off the atty and put it back on I'm thinking it has something to do with the pin there like a screw on it I'm not sure what it's for here's a picture. 15551652131563535232428865726802.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.