lol so i decided to make a thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijiya

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Iowa, USA
I am going to say hi.. and to let you know I am the controversial subject of non-smokers wanting to vape.. HOWEVER.. I am only interested in flavors and I am not interested in Nic so the juices I have ordered are 0nic and I made sure I wasn't getting strange stuff in the juice.. This was not something that I just decided overnight.. this has been something that I had been thinking about for quite a long time. I have done quite a bit of research for a long long time. I have noticed that people don't tend to care for others who decide to take up vaping if they have never smoked.. and I just want to say that I am sorry.. but once something has peaked my curiosity enough I am going to try it.. I see it no different than trying alcohol. I keep hearing about the flavors and stuff from people.. and at first I wasn't that interested in it.. but then some of the flavors that people started talking about started to interest me.. and then I was told that I can get pure juice with 0 nic in it and i became interested.. I can't tell you how much research I have done on this stuff.. I know the side effects are kind of up in the air right now.. and I am willing to take the risk.. being that most things in moderation are not too bad.. and I am just that kind of person.. I don't tend to over do anything really.. and I really do not see my self getting THAT much in to it.. I am also going to be trying to convert a couple friends of mine over to vaping and to ditch their stinky analogs that are way worse for you.. So i got a couple of ego kits an extra battery and a few ce4 clearomizers and got them some juice that they can try that have the tobacco taste they like.. and they can also try what i got i figure to get a good idea on what other flavors there are..

anyway I want to say hi.. tho many may not agree with me.. but its not as big a deal with me or anyone I have spoken too between fam and friends.. maybe I can convince my mom to switch over too.. if I can get her to accept change >.> and maybe JUST maaayyybeee my father too..

thehipster

Feb 18, 2013
Orange County
Honestly people shouldnt extoll judgement on your reasons for vaping. Its an enjoyable hobby/pastime and it should be regarded as such-I feel the same way that a lot of people get judged but don't worry about it, its kind of like alcohol some people like Mikes Hard Lemonade and some people like craft beer...if you know what you like and you enjoy it, F#*% what other people think.

Not sure about your experience level but some helpful hints for a new vaper: when buying ejuice higher VG makes more vapor, higher PG gets more flavor. Most of my collection is all high VG 0-6mg nicotine because I like to sit there and powervape and just go for massive clouds lol.

Jijiya

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Iowa, USA
With the research that I have done I had the impression that I should go all VG. But I did get one juice that came with my kit that I should be getting that has vg80/20pg. It will be interesting what it will be like. I got a lot of tea and coffee flavors since I tend to quite like breathing in steam from teas and coffees. My 80/20 mix is a raspberry tea from rawervaper. I couldn't really find any review on that one so I am unsure how it will be like.

to ShayBabe15: Thanks :)

marine

Feb 1, 2013
Utah
To each their own:)
Welcome to the forum, keep up the posts then you can explore the E-Liquid section.
Your reason to vape is personal, keep it that way. No one should judge your for you choices. Everyone here will be supportive no matter what:)

Couldn't agree more ... btw welcome to the ecf a lot of nice folks here !!

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
I'm usually one of those people that don't exactly agree with non smokers starting to vape, but you seem to have done your research, so welcome to vaping! Alice in vapeland gets good reviews about their tea flavors. And Heathers heavenly vapes has great coffee called mocha java smooth, as well as a plethora of other amazing flavors.

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
You're an adult, do as you please. That and it looks like you've looked into the subject before making a decision.

But I'll always treat non smokers wanting to vape as a bad thing. Why bother? This isn't fun imo...I do this to keep from smoking. It's been 3+ years and I still can't put these things down lol. To me, it would be awesome to just be able "to be" without having to tote this stuff around(I'll get there one day...maybe year 4 lol). IF you go ahead and do this, I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for as far as an experience goes. And please know I'm not trying to lecture. I just think you're cruisin for a bruisin. (<---ok, that may have been a little lecture'ish lol, sorry)

Either way you go though, welcome to ecf

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
i dont see any problem for a non smoker starting to vape it is still much better then a non smoker starting to smoke and that still happens every day.to each there own,times are tough if you can find something in this life that can make you happy i say go for it:)

^This guy. :) Welcome to ECF, Jijiya! My girlfriend didn't smoke either, but she vapes very low or no nic. She doesn't do it all the time, just every once in a while. Nothing wrong with that.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Jijiya, welcome! You may like VG better. PG packs a "throat hit" that the ex-smokers look for. It burns and tastes funny to me, almost nauseating. VG has a clean watery taste. I go through Velvet Vapors. When you order, there are comment boxes when you order, and you can request more flavoring. I am sure you can do that with other vendors too. You may want to try DIY, since you are not dealing with nicotine. There is a DIY section in this forum.

Jijiya

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Iowa, USA
You guys are awesome. This place tends to be a good place for information that is why I joined...

@uba egar320

I understand where you are coming from.. There are people who hate anything that even resembles smoking and dislikes the fact that they started and probably see it as a one way street seeing that is probably how it went for them.. On the other hand of it though.. the people that I know truly like what they do.. they enjoy it.. my friends say smoking has a relaxing aspect that they enjoy.. and some don't have any explanation they just like it.. They never complain about anything except for the fact that they know its not good for them.. I have never had an addictive personality... and this seems like something I might enjoy like the occasional cup of coffee I like to have.. This will probably be treated how I treat alcohol . meaning it will probably be something that I just do on occasion..

I am exploring .. something I do not do much of.. but hey if I do end up liking these flavors and stuff I can truly recommend stuff to my friends and family and I will have good semi personal information for them. Its easier when people know people close to them that try stuff like this.. I wouldn't do anything that I thought would bring true harm to my self or others.. My sister tried to get my mom in to vaping and she seemed quite intimidated by it.. I am quite picky about what i will and will not do and maybe if I can give her personal advice and know exactly how to do it she might consider trying it.

I like the fact that there are some really good people on this forum. Thank you for the extra info on juices. :)

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
There is a huge difference between smoking and vaping. When you smoke, you inhale deep into the lungs, when you vape, you inhale down to your throat and blow mostly out your nose, for flavor. With smoking in the US, we are limited on flavors. Besides, if you smoke a flavored cigarette, it just tastes like smoke :( I smoked for 21 years, vaped just over a year. If I lit a cigarette, I would vomit!

Jijiya

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Iowa, USA
yeah see ciggaretts never seemed all that great I always thought they would taste like ash or well smoke.. Vaping from what I have gathered from my observations seems to be a much more pleasant thing to me.. I have heard someone had a cake juice.. he said it tasted EXACTLY like cake and that the coffee tasted exactly like coffee with cream and sugar... and me being all about flavors and stuff became quite interested after that lol..

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
You guys are awesome. This place tends to be a good place for information that is why I joined...

@uba egar320

I understand where you are coming from.. There are people who hate anything that even resembles smoking and dislikes the fact that they started and probably see it as a one way street seeing that is probably how it went for them.. On the other hand of it though.. the people that I know truly like what they do.. they enjoy it.. my friends say smoking has a relaxing aspect that they enjoy.. and some don't have any explanation they just like it.. They never complain about anything except for the fact that they know its not good for them.. I have never had an addictive personality... and this seems like something I might enjoy like the occasional cup of coffee I like to have.. This will probably be treated how I treat alcohol . meaning it will probably be something that I just do on occasion..

I am exploring .. something I do not do much of.. but hey if I do end up liking these flavors and stuff I can truly recommend stuff to my friends and family and I will have good semi personal information for them. Its easier when people know people close to them that try stuff like this.. I wouldn't do anything that I thought would bring true harm to my self or others.. My sister tried to get my mom in to vaping and she seemed quite intimidated by it.. I am quite picky about what i will and will not do and maybe if I can give her personal advice and know exactly how to do it she might consider trying it.

I like the fact that there are some really good people on this forum. Thank you for the extra info on juices. :)

I'm for sure in the camp that loved smoking..I smoked more than anyone I knew. Making the switch to ecigs, to me anyways, seems like I did a good thing. How good? Only time will tell honestly. Ecigs are still really in their infancy..Their effects are unknown for us long term, heavy vapers. Since you probably won't be in the same boat, I guess it's not that big of a deal. And know that I respect your decision. It's not about hating on you or your experimentation with vaping. I just see ecigs totally different than you coming from where I did with them. A life line of sorts (hopefully....for all we know, our toenails will fall out in 20 years from vaping lol)

I hate to try and rain on your parade, but I'll always be of the mindset that if you already don't inhale nasty cig smoke, skip out on this.

Having said that though, I know some folks will want to see what it's all about- and you came to the right place for that. So good luck and I hope it all works out.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
For the most part, it is good. Some coffees taste like cigarette smoke or how feet smell. I always have good experiences with fruit or candy flavors. Soda flavors taste like soda, but flat. You have to tread carefully. When you place your order, start with 5 or 10ml bottles. Order flavors you think you will like. Note the ones you like, give away or pitch the ones you don't. Like I said, I go through Velvet Vapors. They have sampler packs. When you find the flavors you like, order them in 30ml or 60ml bottles. VV gives free sample bottles when you order the larger bottles. Found some great flavors that way. They do VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread