Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Long-term Nicorette gum users losing hair and teeth

thought this was an interesting read. it is a list of quotes from users who are complaining about their addiction to nicotine, specifically - nicotine gum.

some have been addicted to it for years and cannot shake the habit countering the claims made by big Pharm that nic-gum is a successful NRT.

I just hope the PG in our e-cigs reverse the balding effect that nicotine might have. can't go bald till i'm married. :D

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I would take that article with a grain of salt -- notice that there are no citations to scientifically conducted research studies whatsoever. And all the complaining about addiction to the gum is really just silly in my opinion; those smokers using it to quit smoking were already addicted to nicotine before they ever started the gum, just like us who are using e-cigarettes as a replacement for cigarettes. So why the surprised outrage?

Further, I've read some of the other articles on that site previously, and it is clear the author has an agenda. His whole site is devoted exclusively to a campaign against any sort of nicotine use or NRT. His mission appears to be to convince people to quit smoking "cold turkey", as the "only" way to do it. An article full of supposed "facts" with no citation to authoritative research backing them up, and by someone with an agenda to boot, does not carry much weight in my mind.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Do you think I could sue the government for child support? They never stated the impotency warning only applies for 70-year-olds every second Wednesday and now I have three kids to feed...:D
It's even worse for me, Frankie. Despite the advice re: hair and teeth I still have mine, which means that my new supertight gimp mask simply doesn't fit. Bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread