Long time no talk. Quit smoking! Ecig for my dad question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Dog

Jan 2, 2013
Sonoran Desert
Long time. I fought it and fought it. So many mods and vape setups over the years and darn it I actually was able to walk away from cigarettes 9 months ago. I used a combo of those nasty blu ecigs (with that nice hard throat hit) and a box mod. After a month i tailed off to vaping on rare occasion with my mod for just the simple pleasure of it. Still do and it is quite nice.

Anyway my dad is in a nursing home. I have been sending him logic power refills as the nursing home doesn't allow ecigs, but the small size is easily hidden. Anyway lately they have been getting expensive. Can people here recommend an affordable usb chargable ecig that has reasonably priced refill cartridges? I usually order my dad 30 or 40 at a time. But spending $130 is a tad expensive now. Dad has rheumatoid arthritis and his hands are all gnarled up so a box mod setup is impossible. it has to be as simple as screwing a cartridge on. Plus it needs to look like a stylus (long and thin and easily screw on and off cartridges).

I am all ears. Dad has basically nothing so the least I can do is pay for netflix and amazon and also send him some ecigs. Thanks for all your input.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Look at Halo, Volt, and Smokeless Image for price comparisons. You can fill the tanks before sending also with your own eliquids.
Sorry guys but I'm looking for BADITUDE ... anyone know how I can get his attention ??
I sent him a message in conversation but I guess he's not gettin' them !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was going to suggest the Volts from Smokeless Image. Can your father manage to fill the blank (empty) cartomizers or clearomizers himself with his rheumatoid arthritis or are you the one who will do this? If not, I think Smokeless Image has prefilled carts, but a limited selection of flavors.

cartomizer_flavors_alt_blanks_2.jpg
cartomizer_flavors_alt_ry4.jpg
cartomizer_flavors_alt_cowboy.jpg

They also sell clearomizers, filled by screwing off the mouthpiece. Probably easier to refill than the cartos, plus you can see how much liquid remains. Both the clearomizers and cartos are 808 threaded, not the more common 510.

volt-mini-clearos.jpg

Battery wise, they have the Volt cigalikes, single voltage X2 batteries (eGo), and Spinner variable voltage (eGo) batteries.

Battery time is determined by the capacity (mAh). The more mAh, the longer time they can be used per charge.

voltbattery_02.jpg
images

Volt cigalike batteries charged via their own charger (sold separately). Short battery life per charge.

autospinner.jpg
images

X2 single voltage eGo batteries charged via USB. Longer battery life per charge than the cigalites.

autospinner.jpg

Volt Spinner variable voltage batteries charged via USB; dial at the bottom allows the user to adjust the voltage.

Smokeless Image is now also offering different pod setups, too.

minifitsi.jpg

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Atomic Dog, don't know if the newly released Joytech Eroll MAC may be of some interest.

It's like a cigalike, but is also a mod with a refillable vape tank and most importantly has draw activation (so you don't have to press any buttons).

And that's about as much as I know about it unfortunately.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I like the Vladdin RE. Unfortunately it ressembles a Juul enough that if a nurse sees it they make arrest your pop for bringing in contraband.
It is a refillable device that does a great job at mimicing a cigartette. I reccomend the titanium color as thus far nobody has asked when they see mine "is that one of those Juul's?"

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Hello @Atomic Dog, don't know if the newly released Joytech Eroll MAC may be of some interest.

It's like a cigalike, but is also a mod with a refillable vape tank and most importantly has draw activation (so you don't have to press any buttons).

And that's about as much as I know about it unfortunately.

Ideal form factor, does look like a stylus, liquid capacity is low - 0.55ml, refillable. Charging case may be useful as looks like a pencil case, that comes with the eRoll MAC PCC full kit.

It's a bit of an unknown quantity at present though, there have been some issues reported on ECF, then my review sample was delayed as OOS, some modifications were being made I think as very unusual for the manufacturer to be OOS so early on. Back in stock now and review samples are going out this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread