long time vaper but having trouble with these Vv/Vw digital display boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been trolling through "burnt taste" threads for awile now, and figured somebody may be able to set me straight in quick order! Little history about the whole deal..

Ecigs have kept me away from reg. butts for almost 4years now, and for that i am gratrefull. Alot of folks on this website guided me from the very get go. Way back when you start with the pen model or it looks like a ciggy and you can never seem to pull a decent puff out of it no matter what you do. Then onto the ego tanks and batts that are 510 threaded, but looks big and fat so people are always asking you "what is that thing"? ( years ago ofcourse). These folks aint seen nothing yet. They thought a 500mah ego tank and battery was bulky? lol.
So next comes Vv which was awesome for fine tuning your pleasure , and with a 1100mah Vv batt. and a decent tank i seemed to be stuck there right at that juncture.

So now i just bought a IStick Power nano "Eleaf" with a melo 3 nano that came with it. My first problem is that i have this juice that is 18mg Nico and i think i read somewhere that a Sub Ohm Atty does not like anything over 5ish or you will get a burnt flavor and just taste like garbage. Well thats what ive got.

Is there a simple middle of the road that i can set this thing up that it will be able to handle this juice? With all the different settings and options it seems like you could fine tune this thing into a really optimal setting for any juice?! i can pull a couple good tasty puffs if i drip direct, but thats not going to cut it. If sombody has a simple formula they use for high nico juice. Which is really wierd because 18mg is like a medium from Pink Spot.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
First I think you need to also tell people what ohm coil that your using.. (is that the .75?) And what wattage are you setting this at? It only goes to 40 watt.. so what have you set your wattage to be?

I'm asking because if you try to run a coil at a higher wattage than its designed for it will also taste burnt..

For instance, that .75 ohm coil is rated between 8 - 25 watts, and you probably don't want to push it to 25, but rather, start at 8 watts and go up a tiny bit at a time until you find the wattage your juice tastes the best at..

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome back.
I would just fill the tank and put the watts at 8 or 9 . You remember how to prime a coil? If not, just make sure the wicking is very saturated before firing the mod. I usually help it along with putting some drops in the battin and on the sides where you sett cotton. And allow it to set for a few mins. Then put it on the mod and toke on it without hitting the fire button. Then hit the fire button, take a couple of tokes and repeat until it gets going good. You can up the watts to where the juice taste good to you. However, with nic content that high you may not want to go to 25W because that will give you a powerful lot of nicotine at once.

Try it and let us know.

:)

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you both for the quick reply. It is the .75 ohm coil. I set it to 14.6w 3.30v NI. up from starting at 8w. Im getting some taste back with ok vapor. Maybe it will come out of it after awile on this setting. Ive got some lower nic juice coming also, around 4mg. Im not sure i understand why the nico strength effects the sub ohm coils but does not to reg. coils. Ive got an older set up with a small digi box set at 4.4v with a aspire tank 1.8ohms that im pulling tasty clouds out with. So my mind tells me there has to be someway to balance this out right? In a nutshell...

New rig is .75ohms with Vv/Vw box

Old rig is 1.8ohm with Vv box set 3.5-4v which puffs and tastes great

Anyway thanx for the replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Awesome, thank you both for the quick reply. It is the .75 ohm coil. I set it to 14.6w 3.30v NI. up from starting at 8w. Im getting some taste back with ok vapor. Maybe it will come out of it after awile on this setting. Ive got some lower nic juice coming also, around 4mg. Im not sure i understand why the nico strength effects the sub ohm coils but does not to reg. coils. Ive got an older set up with a small digi box set at 4.4v with a aspire tank 1.8ohms that im pulling tasty clouds out with. So my mind tells me there has to be someway to balance this out right? In a nutshell...

Just so you know, you might have burnt this coil - which will leave a burnt taste the rest of the time you use it if you have - wait a while, and vape a while, to see if taste doesn't clear up.. but if not change out to a fresh coil, dump out the juice in your tank and add fresh..

As far as sub ohming.. I personally hate it. I find it to lack flavor compared to low wattage devices in general and most everything that is good in higher wattage is geared toward DL instead of MTL inhaling so I stay with my lower watts (10 - 15 watts) and mtl tanks..

But just because you have a device capable of higher wattage doesn't mean you have to use the full capability of the device, you can probably throw on a nautilus mini, keep it around 10 watts and be happy if you find this tank is something that's not for you..

It's just experimentation and finding what you like.. :) keep playing around with it, see if you can't find your happy place with that tank.. but there are options if your not happy in general.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

That is a kanthal coil, and you are trying to use NI(nickle) setting.....ain't gonna work. Kanthal can only be run in wattage mod also called power mode. I hope you have not damaged your coil.

:)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
No matter the coil, sub ohm or regular cannot detect nicotine, nor does it matter. You can vape 50mg nic in a sub ohm coil or 0 nic. Same with a regular coil, it just doesn't matter. it's more to do with the way most inhale on a sub ohm tank, most do direct to lung and suck in massive amounts of vapor for like 10 seconds and if that's kind of what you do, you may get to much nic and feel nic sick. So depending on your inhale, you can adjust your nic, but sub ohm or not, nic doesn't matter in a performance aspect of the coils

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread