The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Long wick vs. Short Wick, pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by rightcoastvapor510, Jul 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rightcoastvapor510

rightcoastvapor510 Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2009
    Ludlow, Vermont
    The title says it all,

I am still waiting to get into the clearomizer vaping experience, and I am just wondering what the advantage/disadvantage would be for long wick vs. short wick heads?

Also, how about the single coil vs. dual coil heads?

Vape on! :vapor:

2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I always but the long wicks on the crystal vision clearos coils. I think they wick better. I think the regular single coils are great. Just like any other dual coil, I would think it would run better with a big battery behind it.

3. rightcoastvapor510

Oct 20, 2009
    Ludlow, Vermont
    I use the eGo-V VV passthrough batt I just got from Nhaler almost exclusively now, and I have several eGo-C Batteries as well, mainly as backups, as of this moment, I am still using an eGo Tank setup with the replaceable coils, and I think I am just imagining it, but everything I vape, tastes like plastic....:p

4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have had a few different mods over the years and ended up with ego twists and the 1300mah revolver that Drew sells. I like how the 1300 is shorter than the 1100 in revolver or ego. I might be wrong but with what you have I'd recommend the single coil crystal visions with a 2.4 ohm coil. I run them around 4.1v.

5. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I also ran the single coils for months at lower voltages. I have found the Dual Coil at 4.3 to 4.8 is giving me more vapor and better flavor. However you have to make sure the wicks are good and wet when you have it turned up and if you are chain vaping , you have to give it a tilt between puffs. Other wise at 4.8 you can get an occasional dry/burnt hit.

6. rightcoastvapor510

Oct 20, 2009
    Ludlow, Vermont
    Ok, believe it or not, I got my package today, on Sunday!!

I am now vaping some absolutely wonderful Vanilla Tobacco Shake out of a Crystal Vision Dual Coil Clearo......

Nic Buzz....

I am in Vapor Heaven!!:vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.