Look at these tubes of brushed stainless steel for the eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi why spend on new tubes? look at these tubes of brushed stainless steel, I made myself with those who come in the EVIC, with a bit of sandpaper and scotch brite sponge

2jdf2q0.jpg

xnf8eb.jpg

20jqvfd.jpg

jhfqmb.jpg

vl07q.jpg

a9o3k7.jpg

21ec7ef.jpg

thanks.. how you do it? because it brushed evenly.. not using any machine? caan you share step by step here please? :D

I'll gladly explain how to do it but I warn you that involves a lot of manual work sanding and polishing
First: with medium grade sandpaper to sand until there appears the bronze bath beneath the outer layer

Second: with a fine grain sandpaper remove bronze layer until you see the silver layer.

Third: with a bit of polish you'll pull brightness, until everything is mirror-polished.

Fourth: you get a Scotch-Brite - 3M (the green color), with a bit of liquid polish, and rub it on the same site in the direction you want it is finishing brush, not like you're sanding, rather wrap the tube with your whole hand and one-way trips

and ready

MechaHerc

Feb 14, 2013
Malaysia
I'll gladly explain how to do it but I warn you that involves a lot of manual work sanding and polishing
First: with medium grade sandpaper to sand until there appears the bronze bath beneath the outer layer

Second: with a fine grain sandpaper remove bronze layer until you see the silver layer.

Third: with a bit of polish you'll pull brightness, until everything is mirror-polished.

Fourth: you get a Scotch-Brite - 3M (the green color), with a bit of liquid polish, and rub it on the same site in the direction you want it is finishing brush, not like you're sanding, rather wrap the tube with your whole hand and one-way trips

and ready

thanks pichicho.. so you doing this without any machines.. impressive... so i need to find a 600 and 1000 sandpaper 1st.. what sandpaper grade u using?

i have this metal polished
pic-25941.jpg

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
It's all about the Scotch-Brite.

That is an A-1 Scouring Pad!

OP, you can tell you are the few with automotive refinishing exp. Rubbing compound is the actual, manifested, cure all, like Windex. You know the one, the Father from My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding...Rubbing Compound has WAY too many uses.

Last edited:
thanks pichicho.. so you doing this without any machines.. impressive... so i need to find a 600 and 1000 sandpaper 1st.. what sandpaper grade u using?

i have this metal polished
View attachment 213052

I did it by hand if you want you can help with a Dremel for polishing.
you can use the buff you have.
but everything else I did by hand,
wanted to know the number of sand was used?, sorry to tell you but I would not know, because I used some old sandpaper to which the number had been deleted

MechaHerc

Feb 14, 2013
Malaysia
I did it by hand if you want you can help with a Dremel for polishing.
you can use the buff you have.
but everything else I did by hand,
wanted to know the number of sand was used?, sorry to tell you but I would not know, because I used some old sandpaper to which the number had been deleted

thanks pichicho for the explaination.. will try this soon.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread