Looking at getting a gallon of VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, nicotine also can be used as an insecticide. I worry more about the color and taste of my nic.

I found some of my very first juice from like 2007 where I had a brief foray into sot of wining at vaping but then I went back to work. I believe I smoked a cigarette ON the way to the interview, now I have found other ways to manage my stress.

They were pretty dark although honestly? I almost tried to vape them because they looked dark, and okay. Nothing in them precipitate etc. I did decide discretion was the better par to valor with that. But I COULD have, I an fairly sure.

Anna

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Nothing conclusive about health effects in these studies.
You can worry, I will not.
True, the studies weren't about health effects, only about the occurrence of leaching. But some of the stuff that is leaching are compounds with estrogenic activity. If they end up in my juice:
How much I am going to ingest through vaping? How much, combined with the stuff that I already ingest with food/water/drinks from plastic containers will cause adverse effects on my body? What would the effects be?
I don't know. Do I want to test it on myself, and do I want to skip the easy things I can do to minimise this type of exposure if I can, and see how it goes? Or wait until scientists find out that indeed, something that I was doing for years was scewing my hormones up? Certainly no
Like yourself, I don't worry too much either to be fair, because I keep most of my stuff in the freezer, only take out what I'm going to use in in a short period.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Could you name please any study that shows that contamination occurred during storage? I think there no such studies.

Bottom line: we should not bother ourselves with worries about bacteria growing in our juices.
No, I cannot. Every study I found so far could not determine the source of contamination.

Of course, I might be wrong. I'm not a microbiologist. That's what a forum like this is for, to share thoughts, ideas and knowledge. If I made a mistake in my research I won't shy away from admitting it.

When it comes to safety I want to do my own research because nobody will do it for me. And I think everybody should make their own research and share with others if they come up with something useful. If I find out that there is something I can do to minimise the potential risks then why not do it?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
True, the studies weren't about health effects, only about the occurrence of leaching. But some of the stuff that is leaching are compounds with estrogenic activity. If they end up in my juice:
How much I am going to ingest through vaping? How much, combined with the stuff that I already ingest with food/water/drinks from plastic containers will cause adverse effects on my body? What would the effects be?
I don't know. Do I want to test it on myself, and do I want to skip the easy things I can do to minimise this type of exposure if I can, and see how it goes? Or wait until scientists find out that indeed, something that I was doing for years was scewing my hormones up? Certainly no
Like yourself, I don't worry too much either to be fair, because I keep most of my stuff in the freezer, only take out what I'm going to use in in a short period.
If just occurrence of leaching is important for you, may I remind you about, say, arsenic. Definitely poisonous element. Occurs about everywhere, but especially in ground water, rice and coffee. And radiation. It's also everywhere. Should we use lead wallpaper, throw away all granite countertops, stop eating Brasil nuts and drink water (a bit difficult to substitute...)? And vaping. I am 100% sure it's not really healthy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um I LIKE estrogen. I am not looking forward to menopause even slightly. So there is that.

Water created the GRAND canyon you gonna tell me it's not a leacher?

In any case, when you wash your hands and do it so long it is NOT about the soap other than it helps release any particles on your hands. But you can do it without soap and get pretty much the same effect.

I am sick of all our "microbial whatevers." You want to kill some bugs on things, use some bleach, man.

WE NEED many microbes in our environment and it's just DUMB. As is the process of feeding expired abx to freaking livestock so they can live in evil conditions .That is ONE huge concession I make to my family' health we only buy free range, organic crap.

We need to knock that off the newer abx get increasingly TOIXIC.

Doctors can go on and on about OVERUSE of abx but GUESS what, it's as bad or worse as to keep eating sick meat.

I also think it's horrible that pigs get fed part of dead pigs. I get they will eat anything but cannibalized meat just seems kinda wrong.

Anna

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
The plastic leaching issue has been debated forever.
is pet plastic safe - Google Search
hdpe leaching - Google Search
Yes, and plastics leach chemicals.
If just occurrence of leaching is important for you, may I remind you about, say, arsenic. Definitely poisonous element. Occurs about everywhere, but especially in ground water, rice and coffee. And radiation. It's also everywhere. Should we use lead wallpaper, throw away all granite countertops, stop eating Brasil nuts and drink water (a bit difficult to substitute...)? And vaping. I am 100% sure it's not really healthy.
I'm not talking about quitting vaping, locking yourself in a lead cage, or dramatic diet changes. I'm talking about popping your bottles into the freezer or using glass instead of plastic, that ain't extreme lol :D

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm counting on the reduced chemical activity at zero degrees to minimize leaching, buying me time to keep unopened nic concentrate stored in more compact HDPE containers. My practice has been 2-3 years in the freezer in HDPE, then transfer to glass. It's a compromise I'm comfortable with but each of us has to weigh risks to suit themselves.

If one cannot keep nic at freezing temperatures, the tests I've seen suggest it is much better to move to glass immediately to minimize oxidation and leaching. If nic arrives in anything other than HDPE I would also move it to glass immediately.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States

Yes, and plastics leach chemicals.

I'm not talking about quitting vaping, locking yourself in a lead cage, or dramatic diet changes. I'm talking about popping your bottles into the freezer or using glass instead of plastic, that ain't extreme lol :D

Yes, for me it's extreme. 2 canisters, gallon each, in my freezer? No way.
For those who are looking for VG and PG. I just bought a gallon of each from Heartlands Vapes, added 100 ml of some high quality nicotine ($13, a bit expensive but I've never tried it) and had to pay $50.49, i.e. enough for free shipping. I see it as a good deal.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I'm counting on the reduced chemical activity at zero degrees to minimize leaching, buying me time to keep unopened nic concentrate stored in more compact HDPE containers. My practice has been 2-3 years in the freezer in HDPE, then transfer to glass. It's a compromise I'm comfortable with but each of us has to weigh risks to suit themselves.

If one cannot keep nic at freezing temperatures, the tests I've seen suggest it is much better to move to glass immediately to minimize oxidation and leaching. If nic arrives in anything other than HDPE I would also move it to glass immediately.
But we were talking about VG...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But I've made a very valuable addition about free shipping on orders $50+. I hope...

Plus you can get 5% off your order with coupon code VAPEMAG (which is only good once per account, and will not work with any other promotions...so use it wisely).

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've tried it. Did not work for me

I just tried it and it still works. Maybe you used yours already?

U08vL3k.png

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Like uh, @PeterKay I think people get your point. It's just that with so much OTHER stuff going on, worrying about plastic leaching WELL I can't do it no more. I drink SO MUCH diet pepsi a day like I don't think additional leaching will kill me. I am not transferring my diet pepsi into like ,glass jars either and also, I would be far better off just no DRINKING it.

But these fall by the wayside for me when I am at death's door. Like yes, it would be ideal if I could do things all perfect all the time. I AM NEVER going to. I just can't try to find a glass jar for my VG and put it in the fridge, but I'm more worried about if I should go to the hospital. Just distracting myself from my woes right here.

And also, the body rather expertly filters out toxins it HAS to. I mean, yeah so I drink plastic. I have been doing it a long time and have noticed NO PROBLEMS I am usually healthy and when I had all my psych probs I was INSANELY healthy I mean I mostly ate vegetarian, took supplements, and well, I always exercise but I was doing that too.

I just think and believe I can handle a certain amount of "bad" and I have lived pretty rural for more than a decade. In Tucson, we could actually see stars. Compare that to LA and well.....

Anna

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread