Looking for a better tank/coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
Hello I literally just joined this forum site. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a tank that takes coils just like the smok X2 Clapton or Q4. Like the coil should have thick cotton. I’m currently using the smok X2 and it only lasts 4-5 days so I’m looking for something new. I’ve tried the crown 4 and the falcon horizon. I’d appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks!

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
Hey guys!I was wondering if anyone could help me find a tank that takes coils just like the SMOK X2 Clapton or Q4. Like the coil should have thick cotton. I’m currently using the SMOK X2 and it only lasts 4-5 days so I’m looking for something new. I’ve tried the crown 4 and the falcon horizon. I’d appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Welcome to ECF! I only use rebuildables so can't help with a tank/coil for your. But if you search around the forum you will be sure to find something that will suite you. My advice is just remember that not every one vapes the same way or likes the same thing. You need to gather info and make an informed decision on what you are looking for. Good luck with your search for a new replacement

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Hello I literally just joined this forum site. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a tank that takes coils just like the SMOK X2 Clapton or Q4. Like the coil should have thick cotton. I’m currently using the SMOK X2 and it only lasts 4-5 days so I’m looking for something new. I’ve tried the crown 4 and the falcon horizon. I’d appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks!
Welcome. Yeah, Smok coils are known for their bad quality control, or perhaps more apt, manufacturing issues. Friend of mine used them for a while and had complaints about them.
I use stock tanks and coils but am not a fan of multicore coils. So can't help there. Single for me.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I hear rumors that counterfeit coils last far longer than Smok brand. I went from a Smok Nord to a dead rabbit RDA, so I'm of little use beyond conjecture and whispers. If it makes you feel any better, I've been changing coils nightly. Not because I have to mind you, but for the fun and learning...

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't really help here since I mainly use Nautilus Minis and Zeniths with their stock coils too but I'm sure someone'lll be along shortly with ideas.

It might help a bit if you could say what style of vaping you like - do you prefer MTL ( mouth to lung like with a cigarette ) or DTL. Do you like a cooler or warmer vape. Is flavour more important than clouds to you or vice versa.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello I literally just joined this forum site. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a tank that takes coils just like the SMOK X2 Clapton or Q4. Like the coil should have thick cotton. I’m currently using the SMOK X2 and it only lasts 4-5 days so I’m looking for something new. I’ve tried the crown 4 and the falcon horizon. I’d appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks!
Hi and welcome.
This list comes from DKB or DailyKnowledgeBomb on Reddit. Hat's off to him or her for putting this together for everyone!
Coil Compatibility List

best of luck
I

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Falcon mesh coils are the best thing going right now for drop in coils. I get 3 weeks use from the m2. And i get really nice flavor with these too. Had to learn it myself that smok=caca. Dont buy smok anything. The falcon is a way better choice. And building your own is an even better option.

Reactions: stols001

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
Falcon mesh coils are the best thing going right now for drop in coils. I get 3 weeks use from the m2. And i get really nice flavor with these too. Had to learn it myself that smok=caca. Dont buy smok anything. The falcon is a way better choice. And building your own is an even better option.
That’s what I’ve heard, but I own the falcon and tried the M2s as well, but my X2 claptons with holes poked in them seem to give better flavor than the falcon. I don’t know tho maybe I’m doing something wrong in prepping the M2.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I do direct to lung.

Ok good. You might like the Cascade Baby by Vaporesso, the MAAT tank by Voopoo, or the Uforce tank also by Voopoo. These are the ones that I have direct experience of and they are very good and produce some great clouds and a flavourful vape. However there are lots of good DL tanks out there like the Fireluke by Freemax another loved tank. Always try and go for the mesh coil option with whatever tank that you try as it gives the best flavour IMO.

Hope you find something you like and good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread