Looking for a diy recipe for that 80's juice sweet geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsos3000

Feb 5, 2018
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and new to diy e liquid. My absolute ultimate go to e juice for the longest time has been that 80's juice sweet geeks (tastes like lime nurds candy) e juice from fat panda vape. now i know cloning is kind of looked down upon in the diy arena. but i have been trying for as long as ive been doing diy to get a juice that even reomotly comes close to that sweet geeks flavour with no success. i have tried various limes and sweetners but it all just comes out tasting like real lime and not that sweet nerds lime sucker type flavour im trying to create. i havent been able to really find any recipies online that talk about a sweet candy lime flavour let alone anything regarding that 80's juice. if anyone could give me any advice it would be great. im getting tired of spending a bunch of money on flavourings and such that just go to waste. there has got to be some people out there that are familiar with sweet geeks i would hope. i have tried various lime flavours mixed with sour and sweet and tart and sucralose but nothing seems to be giving that sweet candy lime flavour, im thinking something like the lime nurds candy or even a lime popsicle. someone please help me. sorry for the grammar and punctuation :p. All i know is that the original 80's juice sweet geeks is not an overly expensive juice so i cant see it being an overly complicated mix.

Reactions: Letitia

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and new to diy e liquid. My absolute ultimate go to e juice for the longest time has been that 80's juice sweet geeks (tastes like lime nurds candy) e juice from fat panda vape. now i know cloning is kind of looked down upon in the diy arena. but i have been trying for as long as ive been doing diy to get a juice that even reomotly comes close to that sweet geeks flavour with no success. i have tried various limes and sweetners but it all just comes out tasting like real lime and not that sweet nerds lime sucker type flavour im trying to create. i havent been able to really find any recipies online that talk about a sweet candy lime flavour let alone anything regarding that 80's juice. if anyone could give me any advice it would be great. im getting tired of spending a bunch of money on flavourings and such that just go to waste. there has got to be some people out there that are familiar with sweet geeks i would hope. i have tried various lime flavours mixed with sour and sweet and tart and sucralose but nothing seems to be giving that sweet candy lime flavour, im thinking something like the lime nurds candy or even a lime popsicle. someone please help me. sorry for the grammar and punctuation :p. All i know is that the original 80's juice sweet geeks is not an overly expensive juice so i cant see it being an overly complicated mix.
Lime is not always lime. It can be a blend of lime(or more than one), lemon, grapefruit and so on. If I remember those candies right I would bet on lemon Sicily as a big part of the tart.

• Agree

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been playing with WF pixie sticks candy, Cap rainbow candy, and Cap jelly candy. In one recipe I used the pixie sticks and rainbow candy and it had a nerds feel about it. I use grape but you should get a similar effect with lime. Mixing the pixie stick with the jelly candy might give you the nerd & sucker effect. Worth a shot anyway.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
  • Informative
Reactions: Stoneface

jeffsos3000

Feb 5, 2018
i do have tfa sweet and tart, but i find it gives more of a chalky feel to the vape. im thinking of ordering some capella jelly candy to see if that might help. i also have ordered some tfa citrus punch, one review said it had a more lime up front kind of flavour. i dont even necessarily need to get the lime nerds flavour, id be happy even with a green lifesaver flavour or any other type of candy lime. but all my lime flavours are real lime tasting. im hoping maybe the citrus punch mixed with some sucralose and or jelly candy if i order it will maybe work. i just wish there were some candy lime recipies out there. but i havent really been able to find much. all the recipies ive found on sites seem to be dessert type ones. but if anyone happens to know any good candy lime type recipies feel free to share them! :)

jeffsos3000

Feb 5, 2018
I've been finding WF flavors sweeter, believe they have a lime. ELR flavor list is good for researching flavors.

i dont think i have access to these wf flavors, im in canada and havent seen that brand on the sites i use. but maybe ill have to look harder. im really wondering about that capella jelly candy now. Just dont want to order it alone and end up paying 15 bucks shipping for one bottle,lol.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Other brands have jelly candy. The Cap Silverline rainbow candy would be an acceptable sub, more a difference in mouth feel there. Wonder Flavors SC are readily available, surprised you can't get them. Their wild melon and tangerine are good to. I have 3 new ones steeping I'm looking forward to trying out.

• Informative

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Other brands have jelly candy. The Cap Silverline rainbow candy would be an acceptable sub, more a difference in mouth feel there. Wonder Flavors SC are readily available, surprised you can't get them. Their wild melon and tangerine are good to. I have 3 new ones steeping I'm looking forward to trying out.
Please post reviews when they are ready :D

• Love

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Have WF pistachio & cream in the Zeus now. After a 11 day steep it is good, but not a stand alone. Mixed at 6%, the pistachio is very nice and pretty spot on flavor but needs a boost. Will probably look for a pistachio only flavor. The cream is also good, would like to have a smidge more sweetness. The mouth feel isn't there either. Going to let this tester sit a few more days and revisit it again. Will mix up another with 1% Cap butter cream for mouth feel and maybe .5% TFA toasted marshmallow to boost the pistachio. I an see the WF pistachio & cream being useful in many recipes.
Another tester I tried today is the TFA lemon cookie. This a winner and at 7% is almost good enough without tweaking. Might be good enough for a drip? Another useful flavor for mixing. Not sure yet where I'm going with this one.
So sorry for the too long post, not an accomplished reviewer.:lol:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Have WF pistachio & cream in the Zeus now. After a 11 day steep it is good, but not a stand alone. Mixed at 6%, the pistachio is very nice and pretty spot on flavor but needs a boost. Will probably look for a pistachio only flavor. The cream is also good, would like to have a smidge more sweetness. The mouth feel isn't there either. Going to let this tester sit a few more days and revisit it again. Will mix up another with 1% Cap butter cream for mouth feel and maybe .5% TFA toasted marshmallow to boost the pistachio. I an see the WF pistachio & cream being useful in many recipes.
Another tester I tried today is the TFA lemon cookie. This a winner and at 7% is almost good enough without tweaking. Might be good enough for a drip? Another useful flavor for mixing. Not sure yet where I'm going with this one.
So sorry for the too long post, not an accomplished reviewer.:lol:
I was expecting fruit flavors, but good job on the reviews :thumb::D

jeffsos3000

Feb 5, 2018
tfa sweedish gummy could get you the body. FA sour wizard, tfa key lime, maybe a blend of limes and lemon and grapefruit with a touch of FW hard candy. That profile could take some time. Sour isnt really all that possible IMO. You can get a little tartness but not truly tart

yeah i guess i should clarify a little bit. this juice flavoue im talking about isnt really that tart, there is a hint of tartness to it but mostly it kind of tastes like flat crush lime brand soda if that makes any sense.its more just a very sweet lime like a lime skittle or lime gob stopper that type of flavour. problem im finding is that my limes taste like biting into a real lime ha ha, and when i try to sweeten it to a candy point with sucralose it just starts to taste gross becasue the level of sweetner is way to much, lol. im definitly one for super simple flavours. as far as diy goes im currently vaping flavour west blood orange stand alone with 1 percent sweetner and i love it. but this lime thing is killing me. im hoping that perhaps the tfa citrus punch i have on the way might kind of get me in the ball park im looking for. capella jelly candy is definitly going to be on my list of things to order as well. that or try and find this hard candy enhancer ive seen mentioned.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
yeah i guess i should clarify a little bit. this juice flavoue im talking about isnt really that tart, there is a hint of tartness to it but mostly it kind of tastes like flat crush lime brand soda if that makes any sense.its more just a very sweet lime like a lime skittle or lime gob stopper that type of flavour. problem im finding is that my limes taste like biting into a real lime ha ha, and when i try to sweeten it to a candy point with sucralose it just starts to taste gross becasue the level of sweetner is way to much, lol. im definitly one for super simple flavours. as far as diy goes im currently vaping flavour west blood orange stand alone with 1 percent sweetner and i love it. but this lime thing is killing me. im hoping that perhaps the tfa citrus punch i have on the way might kind of get me in the ball park im looking for. capella jelly candy is definitly going to be on my list of things to order as well. that or try and find this hard candy enhancer ive seen mentioned.
That makes a big difference. The citrus punch is more of a cross between MtDew and Mellow Yellow to me. It might bend to the flavor profile your looking for with a touch of lime thou. I could see that working.

jeffsos3000

Feb 5, 2018
That makes a big difference. The citrus punch is more of a cross between MtDew and Mellow Yellow to me. It might bend to the flavor profile your looking for with a touch of lime thou. I could see that working.

yeah im looking forward to trying it out, im a mtdew fan. i do have a lemon lime flavouring but it tastes more like 7-up so thats why i ordered the citrus punch. apparently it was once called mtdew but tfa had to change the name. guess ill find out when it arrives. would you happen to know of any lime falvourings that arent as real and rind tasting as the lime tahity cold pressed and distilled, or are all the lime flavours like that?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
yeah im looking forward to trying it out, im a mtdew fan. i do have a lemon lime flavouring but it tastes more like 7-up so thats why i ordered the citrus punch. apparently it was once called mtdew but tfa had to change the name. guess ill find out when it arrives. would you happen to know of any lime falvourings that arent as real and rind tasting as the lime tahity cold pressed and distilled, or are all the lime flavours like that?
FA Florida Key lime it more flesh and juice rather than a whole lime. Fades faster than the FA lime tahiti cp. They play well together at a 2 to 1 ratio (2part Florida/1 part tahiti).

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread