Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
When I first got into vaping about 6 months ago I went through a lot of different setups and a lot of reading threads trying to find the best setup for the lowest cost possible trying to figure out what works with what etc. I just wanted to share what I think is a really good quality setup for a great price that produces great results, isn't too big and looks good that is under $50.00. It would have helped me a lot if this thread existed when I started so this is my contribution.

1. SmokTech Pyrex DCTank V2 3.5ml (About $10.00)
2. eGo C-Twist or Vision Spinner 1100mAh to 1300mAh variable volt battery (About $25)
3. Boge F16 3ohm single coil, 2 hole cartomizer (About $10.00)
4. Stainless drip tip (About $4.00)
5. Grand Total is $49.00

- A pyrex tank is best because you can put any kind of e-liquid in it.
- A variable voltage battery is a must. Set the battery to 4.2v it's perfect, for 3ohm cartos according to the chart.
- It's worth getting the good 2.8-3ohm cartomizers because after all the tank is as good as the cartomizer in it.
- The stainless drip tips dress it up and give it a better quality feel.

The Setup
nqpe0g.jpg

The Chart
21l29ab.png

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
ok this needs to be added as long as the price stays at around $40
Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape
get this when it comes back in stock TOMORROW!

also

DATESTATUS
10-26-2013 21:57:12Shipped
10-26-2013 09:47:57Preparation in progress
10-24-2013 22:50:25Payment accepted
I'm vaping on it right now
:headbang:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This is 1100mAh, but it has two batteries, 2 Kanger T2s, a charger and a 15ml bottle of juice. You can add a generic 3.5ml DCT and carto for another $8.00. That puts it at $64 +shipping out the door (or $60 if you go down to 900mAh on the Spinners; or $56 if you go to 650mAh ). The vendor doesn't sell ss drip tips, but all of the included delivery systems come with their own tips.

1100Mah T2 Spinner Kit [1100 Spinner Kit] - $56.00 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts

Cartomizers/Clearomizers

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Listen to meanckz.... She speaks the truth!!! MVP 2 is awesome!!

I second this seconding. I got one of these recently and it is quickly becoming my go to. The Egos have been relegated to backup status, and the SVD is my evening vape...

Seriously, for $45 with two iClear 16 clearos from Fasttech it's pretty tough to go wrong. Huge battery capacity, plus you can use it as a passthrough.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Yeah Fasttech is good pricing. The wait is brutal and my silver eGo that I got from them is remanufactured for sure. They left a little glue around the top, the button is different. Kind of shady if you ask me. I think I'm all set with Fasttech unless I get a mod for a great price or something.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
For a super bare bones set-up (without using FastTech) Venerable Vaping has low prices for standard voltage devices. I quit smoking with something similar to this kit, actually not even this good, which was almost top of the line at the time. (And, of course, I paid close to $100 for it.)

eGo CE4 Duel Starter Kit w/1100mah Batte..

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Sorry to .... in and sound critical, but I just reread the OP.

"A variable voltage battery is a must. Set the battery to 4.2v it's perfect, for 3ohm cartos according to the chart."

This isn't very good advice to give a new vaper. Looking at charts or doing calculations are fine to get a place to start. There are variables such as the juice being vaped, what delivery system is being used, personal preference, etc., that are factors in what the power level is set at. Giving a person a place to start and encouraging them to adjust the level until it tastes good is more helpful than stated this is where in the chart they should be vaping.

I know you mean well, but watch the threads for awhile and you'll see over and over members posting that their juice tastes burnt when the chart says it's okay or all of their friends are vaping at 9 watts. 4.2v with a 3.0Ω carto is 5.88w If that's how you like it, terrific! I like cooler vapes with many of my juices, but if someone follows that suggestion, I wouldn't be surprised if they started a thread asking why the flavor is weak and they aren't getting much vapor.

Last edited:

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Sorry to .... in and sound critical, but I just reread the OP.

"A variable voltage battery is a must. Set the battery to 4.2v it's perfect, for 3ohm cartos according to the chart."

This isn't very good advice to give a new vaper. Looking at charts or doing calculations are fine to get a place to start. There are variables such as the juice being vaped, what delivery system is being used, personal preference, etc., that are factors in what the power level is set at. Giving a person a place to start and encouraging them to adjust the level until it tastes good is more helpful than stated this is where in the chart they should be vaping.

I know you mean well, but watch the threads for awhile and you'll see over and over members posting that their juice tastes burnt when the chart says it's okay or all of their friends are vaping at 9 watts. 4.2v with a 3.0Ω carto is 5.88w If that's how you like it, terrific! I like cooler vapes with many of my juices, but if someone follows that suggestion, I wouldn't be surprised if they started a thread asking why the flavor is weak and they aren't getting much vapor.

That's what this thread is about...a place to start. The voltage is going to be up to the individual. I'm suggesting a voltage that works for me because after all this is a help thread. I understand you like cooler vapes that's ok but this is about a kit that is going to give the best results and the best price with the widest range of room to play and find what works for you. It's not about the voltage.

It's far better quality and delivers better results than these $25 clearomizer kits flooding the market, it's cheaper than a full blown accessorized mod setup and sure beats a $60 Blu kit so that's the actual point of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread