RDA Looking for a good RDA (new to RDAs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Been loving my Icon!!! Excellent build quality, great orings, great flavor and cheap! I'll probably get another one in black.
05f755e7b3ac18208e4443097a3a2ed7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Another excellent atty is the Goon, which you can find for around $50. Very easy to build on and you can get them in 22mm or 24mm. I have 2 authentic Goons and a clone from 3f, and the only difference between the Authentics and the clone is the price.... Lol

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm looking for an rda in the $30-50 price range, preferably. I prefer (slightly) flavor to clouds, though I like both. I'm new to RBAs, but I'm good with tech/tinkering/building, so I'm not too concerned with it being a good "beginner" deck. Just nothing too crazy.
So let me know what you would recommend, and why you like it. Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. I break down RDA's into 4 basic categories. Large cloud (sub-ohm) duel/single coil machines and normal cloud (non sub -ohm ) duel/single coil machines. You can get great flavor from all combos. It's just a little easier/cheaper to build using higher ohm/single coil setups, taste wise, I'm real happy with higher ohm/single RDA's.
You can get great clouds from all combo's. It's just a matter of how much money you want to spend on going.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)
Might consider a Eleaf Istick 30 or 40TC with a RDA. With RDA's they are simple and cost effective. Could check out You tube instructions on "RDA" etc..
As to portability, I add a slip ring (wide rubber band) to slide over the air holes and a cork plug/510 carto condom for the drip tip -- no leakage. I also buy only deep well RDA's (Magma, Origen V1 & V3 etc.) which hold a mil or more of juice and last me 45 min. to an hour or more before refilling.
I use Rayon wicks.

chandco

Verified Member
May 8, 2017
Brother Bob-- thanks for all the information on higher ohms vaping, that was wonderfully comprehensive, which I love. I've been vaping sub- ohm, but that's more because it's the "cool"thing to do right now, and hadn't heard much from the other side, but my preferences with that is one of the things I wanted to explore.

I have a good DNA 200 for now, but may downgrade if I end up vaping at the (relatively) low wattages I use.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
for the price point you cant really go wrong with icon. 3 goon-compatible driptips+a 510 driptip adapter, not the most groundbreaking or innovative rda, but it's a well rounded good rda.
If youre into single coil RDAs, probably NarDA clone or Hadaly, I dont have Hadaly myself but heard good things about it. For NarDA the flavor is just up there, one lil badass flavor chucker.

here's my Icon RDA sitting on a wismec predator. lil matchy matchy.
d4aeaa072c7662c8280e455b0267d5c4.jpg

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
for the price point you cant really go wrong with icon. 3 goon-compatible driptips+a 510 driptip adapter, not the most groundbreaking or innovative rda, but it's a well rounded good rda.
If youre into single coil RDAs, probably NarDA clone or Hadaly, I dont have Hadaly myself but heard good things about it. For NarDA the flavor is just up there, one lil badass flavor chucker.

here's my Icon RDA sitting on a wismec predator. lil matchy matchy.
d4aeaa072c7662c8280e455b0267d5c4.jpg
Can you post a pic of the guts? I'd like to see the insides :D

D_pen

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2017
Florida
Okay, I'll definitely check out the Icon, and keep the suggestions coming.

Oh, and what about low profile options? I'm in love with the teensy tiny (impossible to find now) Derringer, I know about (and lust over) the Goon LP, are there any other good ones?
+1 for the hadaly .

.flavor top notch
.low profile
.compatible with hotter builds(unlike the narDA)
.Compatible with squonk mods!!!
.plenty of accessories found all around the net (gotta love the ultem top cap and drip tip[check out my profile pic the Mod on the far right has the hadaly with the ultem)
.convinient to build on , I know it's not a worry you have butttt I have been building for a few years and have found to appreciate a well built user friendly deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread