looking for a great wood modder

Status
Not open for further replies.

John R. L.

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Milwakee
Is there anyone here in the US that could make this or something very close to this, Please let me know a P.M. would work great !!!! The guy that makes this is in poland and I would rather deal with someone here in the USA....thanks
John

409325_10150553872957450_684787449_8724850_1453406935_n.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
OK that is probably made with something similar to a carvewright, It shouldn't be to hard to find someone in the US that can do it.

The guy who made that skull from polland is actually a pretty talented wood worker, and it has nothing to do with the skull, his mitre joins are visually perfect with no puddy, his slide mechanism is a near perfect tongue and groove. While I don't doubt you can find woodworkers just as skilled, just saying he is pretty good.

And sorry to say this, reos doesn't have anywhere near the craftsmanship, and considering the woods they use at reos and some of the items they put out look amazing, it is disappointing that so much of it just looks like my 12 year old threw it together. It just makes Reos seem really inconsistant, there has to be others.

Also I love the way the reos slide lid is the same design as the cheap chinese slide boxes. Maybe I am being misled by enlarged fotos that are pronouncing every flaw, but yea

And before looking at the fact I live in puerto rico, I am ex-US Navy, I am proud of my country. So, go ahead and shop american, our economy can use all the help it can get, just make sure you are buying quality.

Dude, what are you smoking? Mitre joints? Don't see any here:

bdbfa575a7f4638egen.jpg

And I see lines on the door as per the design you mentioned too:

70cb1ffbc244e952gen.jpg

I really wouldn't place either of these mods above the other, they are different designs and both deserve respect. If the tech inside were more modern and I wanted to buy a wood mod, I'd probably go for a Red Sky mod, those look more fun.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: TOS

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
  • Deleted by classwife

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
meh I just spent the last hour or so trying to find the link again........it was in polish or something, it may have been someone elses site with his work going back awhile, maybe a friends site or something. I was talking to him on another forum afterwards I had to find out as much as I could about his work. It is honestly the only reason I know about the guy. He is very cool.

Sure, but it really looks like he hasn't got his own site in Polish or English. Even the catalog is on a image hosting. Not saying he needs to have one, maybe that just isn't his thing. He's got web presence, that's for sure.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
  • Deleted by classwife

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
  • Deleted by classwife

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'd say these look pretty nice!

He's offering the Gepetto VV (2x18500) and Gepetto VV Max (2x18650) for sale, he's selling only five of them, on a first come, first serve basis. Here's the thread if anyone's interested....

Variable Voltage, all controlled via a single, stainless steel button (ala ProVari)

The skull box, while nice, is not really my style. I go for much simpler designs, but I can certainly see it's appeal for others.

IMGP1562.JPG

IMGP1563.JPG

IMGP1625.JPG

imgp1709.jpg

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
did I miss the price list somewhere ??? or am I blind ??

John
Not sure if your question is directed at my post, but if so, the price is listed in the linked thread.

The Gepetto VV goes for 90 british pounds, about $140. Not cheap, but if you compare it to a ProVari ($170?) or other high end VV mods, not that bad.

donjohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Warsaw,Poland
  • Deleted by classwife

donjohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Warsaw,Poland