Status
Not open for further replies.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
Hello
I have been vaping a little over a month started off with a Mall / Gas station over priced Junk (However wasn't a total wasted it got me started vaping) Now I have moved onto Ego with a dual coil smoktech cartomizer and fell in love with vaping and have been analog free almost a month now but want to step it up and buy a TOP END PV I have saved over $400 from quiting smoking and want to put it toward me a New PV & what ever accessories that will be needed

Any suggestions :confused:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Yeah man, go Provari, have 1 and a half myself (long story, I'm missing the body on one) and have yet to regret purchasing it
but my next high end device will be a GGTS

the darwin works (I think) even better than the Provari. On it, you set the Watts and forget the resistance of the carto you put in the there whereas on the provari you set the voltage but the total power coming out of it will vary based on the carto/atty's resistance (so you adjust it now and then)

It goes beyond just adjusting the voltage just once when you put a new carto. As the carto dies its resistance will vary (I once had a 3.0 go to 2.4, VERY weird) so you may need to adjust the Provari now and then.

The Darwin does all that for you, you get constant wattage until the carto dies

I love my provari, I BELIEVE the Darwin works better, BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN'T GET PAST ITS LOOKS

If they would put those internals inside a well built Tube mod than Provape may have a real competidor

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
+1 for the Provari as long as you are happy with your cartomizers. The only other options I would consider would be Darwin or VV bottom feeder like the upcoming Reo Grand VV or a Boggers Box Mod Vv etc. That's only if you are interested in exploring other delivery methods.

As was said, very very few have ever bought a Provari and regretted it.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
I have very little knowledge concerning pvs...high OR low end. I just know that when I decided to upgrade, the Provari was the first thing that came to mind. It carried such a strong recommendation that being relatively uninformed didn't prevent me from being aware of it's existence.

I was extremely hesitant to invest so much, but I needn't have worried. Having owned it a few months it performs as consistently today as it did when I first opened the box. I don't know how the Provari compares to other "high end" pvs...if there are any...but the Provari is definitely the best mod (is that correct?) I've owned to date.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
alffalvo,

congratz on the Provari order. you will hear and see a lot of discussion on whats better and worse about a bunch of different devices and IMO it's all mostly trash-talkin hype from haters of all different devices. one thing I can almost certainly assure is that you will not be disappointed with the Provari.

you mentioned wanting a high end device that puts out lotz of vapor......keep one thing in mind, any PV is only as good as the atomizer/delivery system that is attached to it. if yiu have a cartomizer or atomizer system that floods or runs dry then a good PV can only do so much with that.

Consider a decent rebuildable atomizer if you haven't already. a rebuildable will let you make the best use of your nice VV PV. it doesn't have to be some super expensive rebuildable, just about any of the rebuildables will work nice although there are some that are better built and/or easier to work with. also, a rebuildable can save you a ton of dough since you you don't have to go buying atomizers and cartomizers all the time.

Have fun and welcome to the next level :toast:

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
First thing first "everyone" that said get / try the ProVair was a 100% correct I'm satisfied with it very happy THANK YOU ALL....

Now what cartomizer works good with this?? What tanks do you guys use?? what rebuildable do you like and why?? I just found out the hard way smokteck dual coil XXL "for the ego" DOES NOT FIT/ WORK with the ProVair so I need some help before I place my order tomorrow THANK YOU

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
Provari is a popular choice and is kinda the mainstay of the higher end mods... however I went the cheaper route of the vv Gripper and I'm pleased enough with it. ;)

*edit* glad you like the provari!

I like the boge cartomiser. and no point in using low resistance coils on a vv device...IMHO.
you may also like kanger cartos or try some dual coil ones...

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread