Looking for a modern RTA or RDTA similar to Avocado

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyFisherPete

Nov 13, 2015
Pottstown, PA, USA
Hi, ECF - I'm relatively new to the forum, so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place to ask about this.

Short story here: I love my avocado RDTA, but it is really beat up, and has been giving me issues lately. I'm looking for a newer upgrade that keeps some of the same features. Biggest draws for me are that you wick down "portholes" into the tank portion of the RDTA for the avocado, and then the deck is a pretty open & easy to build on deck (I have huge gorilla fingers for hands...). Ideally, while the avocado is a velocity style deck, I'd like to have a T-clamp style / goon style clamp type deck which may help with setting up larger coil builds like aliens, larger fused claptons, and the likes. I'm not that great of a wicker, or coil setter, though creating the coils comes naturally to me, but my point is that I'd prefer to have an easy to build on deck - nothing too tricky or complicated, please. My sweet spot for price point is $35 USD or less, and price is a huge factor. While I could go a tad over that, I'd really prefer not to.

Thanks for any suggestions that you may offer!
-FlyFisherPete

FlyFisherPete

Nov 13, 2015
Pottstown, PA, USA
They’re both squonkable. And the Asmodus one just had that price drop it was more expensive before.

I don't do the squonking thing (though it is likely something I will get into in the future). Good to have that option available, for the future, though. For now, I'm perfectly happy with my RX300 - the four LG (brown) batteries last me almost all day... almost... and with my ginormous hands, it just feels right - everything else feels dinky and too small. (I've got gorilla hands... I'm 6'4" tall... kind of why I wanted an easy deck to build on - I have those huge hands getting in the way when I try to seat the coils.)
-FlyFisherPete

Reactions: Heartsdelight

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
I don't do the squonking thing (though it is likely something I will get into in the future). Good to have that option available, for the future, though. For now, I'm perfectly happy with my RX300 - the four LG (brown) batteries last me almost all day... almost... and with my ginormous hands, it just feels right - everything else feels dinky and too small. (I've got gorilla hands... I'm 6'4" tall... kind of why I wanted an easy deck to build on - I have those huge hands getting in the way when I try to seat the coils.)
-FlyFisherPete
I just grabbed a squonker. first ever. more fore rda's though. a squonking rta/rdta is... odd to me.

What do you think of the Reuleaux Rx300 Gen3? It's the 3 batt version of yours. It's my daily driver for non squonk and I love the 3 batteries. i don't do high power usually though. mostly just lasts a long time. did you get yours before newer ones came out, or did you purposely get the older but bigger one? just curious.

FlyFisherPete

Nov 13, 2015
Pottstown, PA, USA
I just grabbed a squonker. first ever. more fore rda's though. a squonking rta/rdta is... odd to me.

What do you think of the Reuleaux Rx300 Gen3? It's the 3 batt version of yours. It's my daily driver for non squonk and I love the 3 batteries. i don't do high power usually though. mostly just lasts a long time. did you get yours before newer ones came out, or did you purposely get the older but bigger one? just curious.

I have both the Gen3 and the RX300 4-battery, and love both. The Gen3 has been giving me issues with recognizing my attys, but I think that's just my particular mod and not representative of the model; I had my young daughter drop it twice and I think it messed up the circuitry... But yep, the Gen3 is pretty good - when not dropped :) EDIT: she knocked it off my desk when she was sitting at it, and I was present at all times; she was not vaping or handling the mod... had to clarify...

Reactions: Heartsdelight

FlyFisherPete

Nov 13, 2015
Pottstown, PA, USA
I have both the Gen3 and the RX300 4-battery, and love both. The Gen3 has been giving me issues with recognizing my attys, but I think that's just my particular mod and not representative of the model; I had my young daughter drop it twice and I think it messed up the circuitry... But yep, the Gen3 is pretty good - when not dropped :) EDIT: she knocked it off my desk when she was sitting at it, and I was present at all times; she was not vaping or handling the mod... had to clarify...
Have 17 other mods as well, including the Paranormal DNA250C, but I reach for the RX300 like 99% of the time. Like I said (I think I said?) I have humongous hands, and it just feels right for me, given my large hand size. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread